Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Offensive Line

The oline is just not good enough to be a run first run it when ever you want type. They also can not reliably pass block on third and long which is why they always call so many short check downs. And receivers do not break tackles or make people miss on the check downs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Nobody is solely blaming the offensive line. This is more of a debate about the future of the line. Leach is content with going into next season with the line they intended on going into this season with, on top of paying Jensen good Center money and handing him the starting job next season. While they've played admirably given the circumstances, I don't think they've earned that type of capital. I think you'll end up in a similar situation to what happened with Jeremy Zuttah. Many posters went into the 2016 season thinking that they just needed 'Adequate' play from the Center position. If you're going to truly improve the offense, you can't keep settling for adequate.
    Well let’s see how Jensen finishes the season out. Right now I don’t have a problem with paying him as long as he’s earned it. I get your point about Zutah but You can’t assume that Jensen will be the same. And I’m ok as well, with going into next season with the line we intended to play this year. IMO the FO needs to focus on WR, TE, and maybe a workhorse RB in the draft and FA. And maybe keep an eye out for a legit backup QB. Someone who might push Joe a bit.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I still think the OL is doing ok given the circumstances. It's one area I will give the team a pass on regarding injuries. It's not like they haven't invested resources into it. We know we can build off Jensen and Stanley.
    We can. Next year we get our 5 or so guards back from IR. I, for one, am pretty pleased with how Jensen has played this year. Our offensine line could be a true strength next year - well, until we get hit with 6 or 7 season-ending injuries:(

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This is why you don't jump the gun on making declarations about what linemen are going to garner what money in Free Agency and so forth. They aren't there yet. They got zero push trying to run the ball today. They gave up pressure with three and four man rushes. They had their moments in pass protection, which allowed for some deep pass attempts. However, particularly inside, none of those guys are to the point where they should be handed anything.
    Once again, taking shots at Jensen.

Still a lot of season left to be played Jon. Trust the Sword............unfortunately.
    And I hope he serves you a steaming pile of crow to chew on!!!

For those who aren't up on the debate here, all involved agree that the offensive line is over-achieving. The debate isn't even over whether or not someone like Jensen will get paid in Free Agency. The debate is over whether or not he should be handed a starting spot, at the price tag that he'll come with.
    The debate centers around the inane paradox of he'll get paid but he shouldn't be "handed" a starting spot...if he's not good enough to be a starter, who's gonna pay him like one? Makes no sense.

He's gonna be the topic of a franchise tag if they can't get him signed for what we can afford.

Blog Entries

The Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post
    The debate centers around the inane paradox of he'll get paid but he shouldn't be "handed" a starting spot...if he's not good enough to be a starter, who's gonna pay him like one? Makes no sense.

He's gonna be the topic of a franchise tag if they can't get him signed for what we can afford.
    I don't know I just looked at the top 5 centers they are all basically 10+ million I don't know Jensen is worth that. Tretter is the 12th highest paid center at 5.5. Where do you think he is going to settle for?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post

Oh, somebody will.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The Ravens will NOT use the franchise tag on Jensen. I forbid it!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don't know I just looked at the top 5 centers they are all basically 10+ million I don't know Jensen is worth that. Tretter is the 12th highest paid center at 5.5. Where do you think he is going to settle for?

Well if he’s playing like a top 5 center they will either pay up, tag him, or let him walk. I would prefer to keep him if possible. He could anchor that line for a few years to come.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

The Ravens will NOT use the franchise tag on Jensen. I forbid it!
    You gon’ cry in the off-season when they do that and extend Harbaugh and use their first round pick on a LB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    You gon’ cry in the off-season when they do that and extend Harbaugh and use their first round pick on a LB.

The FWO aint' having that. We'll go Rey Mysterio on somebody.