Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Here is the problem with bringing in Gary Kubiak after what you've just done to the team. We all agree that Juan Castillo needed to go. However, Marty Mornhinweg is far more accustomed to utilizing zone blocking schemes in his offenses. You did a good thing in getting rid of Castillo, but brought in Greg Roman. Roman runs far more inside trap schemes than anything else. You also let go of the linemen who excelled at zone blocking, replacing them with less athletic linemen who are better suited for Roman's scheme. If you were to bring back Kubiak, you'd have to rework three fifths of your offensive line, because you got rid of the guys that Kubiak could have done some things with.
    There's also the fact that, despite what some people might think, Kubiak led offenses (and tree family member deviations of) do NOT always turn water into wine.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Just get Harbaugh out of town and make Kubiak the offensive coordinator. We can get anyone to do with this alleged CEO Harbaugh does. Matter of fact, here's a list of coaches we all know could do more than this phony.

Wade
    Micelli
    Pompey
    Waibel
    Barnes
    Duvall
    Petrides
    Poggi
    Bullock
    Holley
    Etc!

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    Here are more candidates who could do a better job:

Brad Pitt
    Tom Cruise
    Liam Neeson
    Bon Jovi
    James Hetfield
    Ronald McDonald
    Ghost of Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Dont forget Al Pacino!

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    Hahaha.... couldn't post them all or the post would be too long!

Blog Entries

At least al pacino would put some fire in this team

RE: Kubiak. I'd pay him OC wages to be QB coach.
    His health: my wife had a TIA (AKA: "mini stroke") a few days ago. It's not a minor issue.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Here is the problem with bringing in Gary Kubiak after what you've just done to the team. We all agree that Juan Castillo needed to go. However, Marty Mornhinweg is far more accustomed to utilizing zone blocking schemes in his offenses. You did a good thing in getting rid of Castillo, but brought in Greg Roman. Roman runs far more inside trap schemes than anything else. You also let go of the linemen who excelled at zone blocking, replacing them with less athletic linemen who are better suited for Roman's scheme. If you were to bring back Kubiak, you'd have to rework three fifths of your offensive line, because you got rid of the guys that Kubiak could have done some things with.
    This is an interesting post. I wish I knew more about the schemes. If the poster or someone else wish to elaborate, I'm all ears. And it's not about trying to debunk the lineman/personell thing, I just want to learn more. Maybe someone could explain player by player. 5 positions, a good number of roster spots, I know it's not easy to explain. But again, school me on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    my wife had a TIA (AKA: "mini stroke") a few days ago. It's not a minor issue.
    BEST WISHES! Good luck from all of us.

This is a phenomenal idea.

His health: my wife had a TIA (AKA: "mini stroke") a few days ago. It's not a minor issue.
    Well wishes to the Mrs. for a speedy recovery!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    This is an interesting post. I wish I knew more about the schemes. If the poster or someone else wish to elaborate, I'm all ears. And it's not about trying to debunk the lineman/personell thing, I just want to learn more. Maybe someone could explain player by player. 5 positions, a good number of roster spots, I know it's not easy to explain. But again, school me on this topic.
    Since no one has answered you yet, I will try my best to. Smoove played as a lineman, so he is also a good guy to talk to, and there are plenty of guys here who either played (Wicked, GirlsKickButt) and have a good idea or who didn't play, but still understand the nuances.

In a zone blocking scheme, the Offensive lineman is not focused on blocking a person. He's focused on blocking a spot, or zone. It utilizes linemen with more speed and agility to get to those zones quickly and open up the running lane. Guys who understand their zone responsibility. Kubiak and the Shanahans utilize a lot of stretch zone schemes, which are stretch runs to the edge, with the intent of creating a one cut lane for the back, and cutback options if the defense is undisciplined.

In an inside trap scheme, the offensive lineman is focused on blocking a person. However, it's not like a 'hat on a hat' man blocking scheme where they go straight up. There is a lot of pulling the Guards and Tackles crashing in. However, it's all in more confined spaces. This requires bigger more powerful linemen with a good quick burst to use those angles to knock defensive linemen off of their spot. The players they have now aren't all the 'best' fit for an inside trap scheme, but they fit that far more than zone. The two linemen they drafted are also more suited for man blocking. Eluemenor is tailor made for it from a physical standpoint, but is very raw. Siragusa can do it, but I think that until he really improves his lower body strength and bend, he may be more suited for blocking straight up rather than inside trap.

If you think back to the screens that Marty used in Philadelphia, they were known as the best screen team in the league. They used an array of screens where you couldn't predict the intended direction, because they were based off of zone concepts. Brian Westbrook would have three linemen in front of him, already with a plan in place for a lane to create, but the defense didn't know. It would look like the screen was going outside and suddenly McNabb would throw Westbrook inside and the blocks would then set up. Compared to a man scheme where they just took whoever showed up in front of them. Marty's schemes were very unpredictable and effective, because they had such great athletic linemen and the scheme came from Andy. It had been there for years and they drafted players to fit that scheme.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    BEST WISHES! Good luck from all of us.

This is a phenomenal idea.
    Thanks, Jim. Football is a minor issue when you're driving 90 MPH to get to the ER.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Well wishes to the Mrs. for a speedy recovery!
    Thanks Fanatic. Looks like 99% recovery.