Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 82
  1. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    839

    Cool Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC



    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    This. If the new HC ends up hiring Kubes, fantastic. One thing is that there better be a succession plan in the event Kubes has health issues flare back up or gets offered the Denver HC job again and he decides to chance it.

    But Harbs' time is up. He needs to go. And this coming from a Harbs guy. It's time.
    I've already said it previously (and I was a Harb's guy too). They will wait till the end of the season to do it. I hate to say it, but the best thing for the future of this team is for the Ravens to lose the rest of their games and for the fans to not show up at games. If the Ravens break even at 8-8 for the year or even 7-9 for the year, Harbs will probably be safe (if both Pees and Marty are gone).

    I agree with Wicked in that if the Ravens get Kubes then JH is probably safe (and if the Ravens get rid of Pees too and if they are 7-9 or 8-8). However, if the team is 6-10 or worse, and seats are empty, I cannot see Steve B not doing something to finally stop this mess from continuing!

    If I'm drafting, I would seriously consider trading down and getting more picks but, if not, get help on the o-line first or get one of the falling QBs (Rosen, Allen, Rudolph, etc.) and then draft the Hell out of the rest of the class at RB, WR, and TE.

    Change is coming gang! Count on it!





  2. #50

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I've already said it previously (and I was a Harb's guy too). They will wait till the end of the season to do it. I hate to say it, but the best thing for the future of this team is for the Ravens to lose the rest of their games and for the fans to not show up at games. If the Ravens break even at 8-8 for the year or even 7-9 for the year, Harbs will probably be safe (if both Pees and Marty are gone).

    I agree with Wicked in that if the Ravens get Kubes then JH is probably safe (and if the Ravens get rid of Pees too and if they are 7-9 or 8-8). However, if the team is 6-10 or worse, and seats are empty, I cannot see Steve B not doing something to finally stop this mess from continuing!

    If I'm drafting, I would seriously consider trading down and getting more picks but, if not, get help on the o-line first or get one of the falling QBs (Rosen, Allen, Rudolph, etc.) and then draft the Hell out of the rest of the class at RB, WR, and TE.

    Change is coming gang! Count on it!
    Do you think that Steve B even sees it as a mess? Us fans do because we're tired of this stale losing product. Steve B helped create this stale losing product and has not even wanted to do anything to change it. He seems perfectly content with this train wreck.

    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk





  3. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    459

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Kubiak didn't somehow get better taking a year off. Those health issues are real. Pressure is still huge for any NFL coach
    This. Kubiak might have the desire, but he can't fight a body that won't cooperate with him.





  4. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    839

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    He gave Harbs a chance this year (and I would have too) and Harbs blew it!

    Billick got canned one year after Steve gave him a fat extension.

    Steve may like Harbs but when his business is affected, Harbs will be toast!





  5. #53

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    Two year plan, and I suspect Kubiak is part of the plan for rebuilding the offense.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk





  6. #54

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm sure Kubiak had fun winning the Super Bowl too. He stepped down because he has serious health issues. The grind of the NFL is very rough. The desire is there but I just can't see him risking a stroke over it.
    The talk of Kubiak's health issues are blown out of proportion. From all that I've read, he has had two neurological events: a TIA (a.k.a. "mini-stroke) and a “complex migraine condition” that caused extreme fatigue and weakness.

    There should be nothing life-threatening about either of these conditions. I believe that Kubiak views being an OC as a semi-retirement paid-hobby job that he can handle without the head coaching stress.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).





  7. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    2,553

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    I doubt it will ever happen but I would love to see Kubiak back here as OC. He's the only coordinator during the Harbaugh era that I was actually excited to see hired, apart from Pagano's promotion to DC.





  8. #56

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    LOL, only Ravens fans would be looking to the future by focusing on the past...





  9. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    Elway would force him back on Denver's HC. He will not let him go anywhere.





  10. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    25,425
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The talk of Kubiak's health issues are blown out of proportion. From all that I've read, he has had two neurological events: a TIA (a.k.a. "mini-stroke) and a “complex migraine condition” that caused extreme fatigue and weakness.

    There should be nothing life-threatening about either of these conditions. I believe that Kubiak views being an OC as a semi-retirement paid-hobby job that he can handle without the head coaching stress.
    Kubiak quit a Super Bowl team paying him $5 million a year. The statement was that he was doing it for his family who were concerned about it health. You don't give up that kind of money and winning while working for your best friend unless you have to.

    I'm sure Kubiak misses coaching and mentioned that to people. There is a huge difference between talking about it and doing it. I'm not buying it until I hear that he is interviewing





  11. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,425
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    Id hire him today.

    He always said the only way hed leave here was for Denver. If we give him the option to return, sounds like it could be a great fit. Were still trying to work around his system overall, but in terms of personnel we have went with larger power OL to work with Romans blocking scheme more than Kubiaks ZBS so that would be interesting. Although we favor larger OL currently, I wouldnt say theyre not athletic as well so it probably wouldnt be too much of an issue.
    -JAB





  12. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,425
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm sure Kubiak misses coaching and mentioned that to people. There is a huge difference between talking about it and doing it. I'm not buying it until I hear that he is interviewing
    You have a good point. Theres a lot at stake with him.

    It was these rumors that got him here in the first place though. Friends relaying his thoughts. That may very well be on purpose. Lets it be known but also allows him to refuse easily as just a rumor if the right job doesnt come along.
    -JAB





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland