Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Some Fan Concern

I know sect 150, 148 and 146 stood the whole game...I didnt really realize it we were so into the game.... about the 3rd or 4th quarter i was like, we dont even need seats in this section..except to bang on...hehe
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Re: Some Fan Concern

Xmradiodave,

I sit in 121 everygame and it's always like that. My back still hurts though for standing the whole time.

Thats exactly what i am getting at. I mean I am not saying we have to stand all game but on 3rd down, or a tight fourth quarter then we should be on our feet to yell, scream, and bang on the seats (In order to do this someone has to be standing in front of you).

Now if you do have medial conditions I an understand asking for the person in front of you to sit down on offense and when its 1st or 2nd down. But on third down let me stand please.

LET MY PEOPLE STAND!!!!!

I used the seat backs primarily for kicking and such at 00:44 of the fourth quarter.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I yell and scream all game long, and I beg for people to get up as sec 126 can be somewhat lame at times. I will tell you this don't ever tell me to sit down, I pay a hell of lot for my tix and I will do whatever I can to have fun and cheer on my team. I do think bmore fans are getting weaker as ticket prices keep climbing and we are starting to see a wealthier crowd :(
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Wink Re: Some Fan Concern

We have had this debate several times a year since I began playing on Ravens message boards in 1998.

Standing up gets you a little more lung power, so it does add a little 12th man noise advantage. On a cold night, dancing in the stands may help with blood circulation. But if you are standing in front of someone who is sitting, you would be rudely blocking his view, and if he calls security, you'll be asked to sit or be asked to leave.

I'm in the first row. I stand on 3rd & 4th downs when the opposing teams huddle up and walk up to the line of scimmage, but then sit down. The people behind me used to complain when I would stand through the play -- now they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    Thats exactly what i am getting at. I mean I am not saying we have to stand all game but on 3rd down, or a tight fourth quarter then we should be on our feet to yell, scream, and bang on the seats (In order to do this someone has to be standing in front of you).

Now if you do have medial conditions I an understand asking for the person in front of you to sit down on offense and when its 1st or 2nd down. But on third down let me stand please.

LET MY PEOPLE STAND!!!!!
    I'm with you --- on 3rd or 4th down.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I sit in section 124. My section was mostly standing the whole time. Sometimes I had to sit because my lowerback was hurting a bit.
    It was like a playoff atmosphere at the game and cheers were very loud!
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

I know the guy behind me so I don't feel bad when I stand. If the guys in front of me stand I will do so too. Knowing these people since we moved to the new stadium...we usually stand for 3rd/4th downs on defense. Other then that we sit. I can make as much noise sitting in my seat as I can do standing.

I sat in the club level once and stood on defense and I was asked to sit down by a yuppie rich boy. I told him if he wanted to sit and watch the game then go home in front of a TV. His wife was BSing with the couple next to them the whole game talking about everything except football.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I dont know, I mean I understand people pay GOOD money to go these games and do have a right to sit down, but at the same time I pay good money to go to the game and have the right to stand if I want. To be honest, I would gladly switch places with somone behind me if it means they got to sit and I got to stand. To quote Dr. Evil "It's freakin Freezing in here Mr. Bigglesworth."

Just trying to stay warm.

The bigger problem IMO is the cheering when we have a 4th down and we go for it.

Or when we get a 1st down inside the 5 after a nice play and the idiots yell and scream.

Yes, idiots.

If you cannot be quiet when our offense is in the huddle and lined up before the snap, then you don't know football.

PP

If they complain they are not true fans....if they are PSL holders make their life hell until they move!!!You are not at the opera, you are at a football game!!! If you want to bitch stay home!! If people stand in front of me guess what....I stand up too!!!Simple, if you are handicap, get handicap seating in the first row. Let them know if they are not handicap they may become so if they do not shut their pie hole....BTW it helps to always tip the folks in the yellow jackets...it may help bail you out in a time of need!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    BTW it helps to always tip the folks in the yellow jackets...it may help bail you out in a time of need!!!
    Or get to know some of Baltimore City's Finest...they will always let u go in the end if they know you. Inside the stadium too....not going to say how I know this.