Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some Fan Concern

For all of us who attended the game last night we know it was definitly one of the coldest games in a while.

I guess my concern/worry is what happened to people standing up and cheering for their team. I sat in sec. 540 and actually had a guy tell me to sit down in the 4th quarter during COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!!! And all I was trying to do was get warm my moving around a little. I understand sitting down, but in the fourth quarter when the team needs us most? Maybe its the College Football atmosphere wearing on me some but here at UMD we stand all game. In a big game like that we should have been on our feet most of it. When i moved back to my normal section in 542 i was told by my regulars that they had been standing 90% of the game.

I am asking, WHERE IS THE PASSION AND DEDICATION...GET UP CHEER....YELL SCREAM.....dont sit around.

Or am I just crazy? :insane:

Re: Some Fan Concern

Had this similar issue at the Cleveland game. The people in front of us were sitting down very nicely, while we were tryna stop Cleveland on the last drive before "The FG". Someone in my row told them to get up and cheer for their team.

Needless to say, that didn't turn out well AT ALL! It almost ended up into a fight.

A person has the right to do what they want, but I just never understand sitting down and being quiet at a football game, especially when your team needs you
    Waiting for the next one!!!

I basically see it this way, it starts from the front row. If you want to sit down, and be able to see al game, sit in the front row. If you are in the front row and someone politely asks you to sit down, I don't see why not, you still have a great view. IF someone is standing in front of you, well I guess you have to stand up to see. Maybe you should have gotten better tickets, or even gotten club level and sat inside by the windows. The tickets towards the front of the section don't cost any more to the best of my knowledge, you jsut have to plan further ahead.

Do you realize people with disabilities go to the game? Are they any less of a fan because maybe a bad back or knees make it impossible to stand? The HC seating is almost impossible to get because early on the Ravens sold the PSL's to just anyone. I'm not defending anyone or accusing anyone, just giving you another perspective from personal experience. I have bad knee issues and the guys in front of me are pretty cool at standing to one side so I can see if I need to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven View Post
    Do you realize people with disabilities go to the game? Are they any less of a fan because maybe a bad back or knees make it impossible to stand? The HC seating is almost impossible to get because early on the Ravens sold the PSL's to just anyone. I'm not defending anyone or accusing anyone, just giving you another perspective from personal experience. I have bad knee issues and the guys in front of me are pretty cool at standing to one side so I can see if I need to sit.
    Exactly, don't automaticly assume someone isn't cheering on the team because their not standing. Would you rather someone with a bad back to stand up all game and then fall out. I say just leave well enough alone. The only thing your gonna do is start a fight.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Personally, I can't see the point in standing. When I go to a game I cheer as loud as I can and never come home able to speak. I'm a fan and I support the team but standing the whole game seems idiotic to me. JMO.

Once again, I guess its that University of Maryland mentallity running on me but i just like to jump up and down and get excited. I know the same can be done when ur sitting, but i like to leave physically exhausted.

I understand bad knees/back ect....but at the same time I had to go to MD B-ball games in the student section on crutches with a torn ACL last year. I didn't complain because its part of the atmosphere. basically on one foot and a bunch of people jumping up and down.

I am not trying to call people out, but on third down and fouth down at Ravens games i want to get up and give my all, not just sit there.

And yes, i get up and yell at the TV at home when their on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    Personally, I can't see the point in standing. When I go to a game I cheer as loud as I can and never come home able to speak. I'm a fan and I support the team but standing the whole game seems idiotic to me. JMO.
    Same here. I scream my ass off and normally stay seated because there is a short woman (most times, sometimes a kid about 8 years old) sitting behind me and being polite, don't want to block his/her view. The only time I stand is when the few rows in front stand and block my view. Its kind of a cumulative effect, I guess. When the first rows stand, the rows immediately behind stand to see the action, and it snowballs upwards. I guess.

BTW, I sit behind several rows of Ravens Roost members who sit pretty much QUIETLY the whole game. WTF?
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Where I am if you are jumping around you are knocking into people and spilling drinks and elbowing people. Heck I scream yell bang on the seats and all that good stuff without invading anyone else's personal space. All people are different.
    What bothers me are the people that feel the need to come and go all game. They must have small bladders and like to stand in concession lines, cheer scream yell don't keep making people miss the game because you have ants in your pants, from my point of view control your bodily functions

The couple behind me sit the whole game, every game.

I used to feel bad standing up but now I dont care. I said something to the guy once and he said he understood why I stand and that he and his wife like to sit because she has a bad back.

To each his own, I guess.

I sat in section 121 on Monday. That was the most standing up section I had ever been in. 100 bucks for the tickets and I think my ass was in the seat all of 10 minutes. IT WAS FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC! Any other 121-ers in here, thanks for rockin' it! I had a blast!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

The only sitting I did was on the edge of the seat when it was in the vertical position. It's nerves or something. Fortunately I'm a row from the top and the guys behind me stand all game too.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012