Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Samari Rolle's Accusations

I know we were penalized heavily for the flag tossing, but I could not help but laugh at it. It was so childish that I could not help but point and laugh.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I agree that Bart "lost" control and acted very unprofessionally, even impacting our chances at the end of the game; but IMO, Bart, Somari, and the Ravens were fighting on two fronts.....

The Patriots and the Refs!!

The Ref saying what he did kinda shows this thought.

We were punching the Patsies in the mouth, but the Refs were throwing verbal "sucker punches" and getting into the players heads, and that should NEVER happen like it did!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    I agree that Bart "lost" control and acted very unprofessionally, even impacting our chances at the end of the game; but IMO, Bart, Somari, and the Ravens were fighting on two fronts.....

The Patriots and the Refs!!

The Ref saying what he did kinda shows this thought.

We were punching the Patsies in the mouth, but the Refs were throwing verbal "sucker punches" and getting into the players heads, and that should NEVER happen like it did!!!
    To a point I agree, however, we all know the Ravens are huge trash talkers. They yap like terriers the entire game and beyond, in truth, we don't know what they might have been saying to the officials that set them off either, I find it hard to believe our players were totally blameless. That is why the league needs to conduct an investigation into this incident and , for once, take appropriate action against the official if he was not provoked into saying what he did. In any case, he needs to receive some punishment for calling Rolle "boy".

Read "A different perspective on the Rolle matter"

I for one am getting pretty sick of every game being:

(a) a loss
    (b) a big controversy about bad calls at the end
    (c) the refs are against us
    (d) Ravens melting down

Every game seems to be like this - Cincinnati, San Diego, Pittsburgh, New England.....you watch, Indianapolis will be like this too (I sure hope it isn't).

Why don't they just shut up and play, and WIN games.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus
    Use of the word "boy" when addressing another man is demeaning, *particularly* to a black man, but it's just demeaning and obnoxious to anybody. I would even say it's a fighting word.
    festivus is right -- if for some crazy reason I called someone at work "boy" do you really think I would get away with that? And if someone called me "boy" in a demeaning manner, I sure wouldn't appreciate it.

I don't care how old the ref was, I don't care if he played in the NFL at some point, and I don't care that he's African-American -- it's simply not defensiveable for an official to talk like that to a player.

Quote Originally Posted by awalt View Post

(a) a loss
    (d) Ravens melting down

Every game seems to be like this - Cincinnati, San Diego, Pittsburgh, New England.....you watch, Indianapolis will be like this too (I sure hope it isn't).

There are other threads about the game. This thread is about something else, which deserves its own thread.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by awalt View Post

(a) a loss
    (d) Ravens melting down

I am sure they would love to win games. Until they figure out what is causing the problem, they can't properly adjust.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!