Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Am I the ONLY one??

Who thought that the Patriots were taking pot-shots at Kyle Boller?? Sorry to start a new thread on this issue, but I do believe that the Pats got away with some blatant non-called penalties...I'm not saying that it would have mattered, but they tried taking his helmet off his head on that Darling roll-out and they tried taking him out at his knees after he had gotten rid of the ball I also saw the Pats trying to remove Barnes' jersey quite a few times(maybe to sell it on eBAY ) I never expected the Ravens to win that game last night, but damn, it sure would've helped if the Refs were'nt so blind with the Patriots holding

Blog Entries

Re: Am I the ONLY one??

No, you're not the only one. I saw those things too. One wonders how come the refs didn't see them. Kyle was lucky to get out of that game in one piece. Wilfork's dive at his knees had Kyle limping afterwards, and could have been serious.

Yeah Kyle really took a beating. Most of the time I hate when the refs call hands to the head on a QB cause its mostly soft. But on that roll out to Darling they almost took Kyle's helmet off! We committ our fair share of penalties but it did seem kinda one sided didn't it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

There was a significant chop block on Ngata as well.

I don't think we got to see alot of that on TV. My brother, who was at the game, mentioned it.

What seems interesting to me is that I have heard from people from across the country say how poorly officiated the game was. As a Raven's fan, I am used to it and have come to expect it. To hear it from a New Yorker really got my attention. It's not just us, it's not because we are whiny Baltimore fans with big chips on our shoulders.

Im sorry, I just dont see it.

I saw a hard fought game with the reffing corp letting the game play. As a part-time high school ref, I've come to appreciate what they see and do. If anyone has spent time here in Houston, you know how crazy football is around here. Some thoughts:

1. The TD was questionable but the decision to uphold it was the right call. There was some movement of the ball but I agree with the on the field call to let it stand. Remember, it takes undisputed evidence to overturn the call on the field and, even though it kills me to say it, they got it right.

2. Holding calls were about even (3 for us, 2 for them) which tells me it was a pretty physical game up front and, unless someone was really doing a mugging, they let stuff go and only called the serious infractions.

3. Take away the holding calls from both sides, we're still left with some downright DUMB stuff on our side. Once again, we still had false starts and now Bart Scott melting down. PENALTIES STILL KILL US!!!

4. To suggest there is some reffing conspiracy against the Ravens is laughable. First of all, that means they actually care about Baltimore enough to screw with us. They dont. Second, having met a lot of NFL refs over the past 5+ years, one thing is universal, they all have egos the size of M&T Bank Stadium and love to be right! More than any other sport, these refs take their job VERY seriously (watching video, looking at trends, off-season training, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Dade
    But on that roll out to Darling they almost took Kyle's helmet off!
    That was the non-call that surprised me the most. How they could miss a facemask on a QB is beyond me.

But I don't think for a second that there's a conspricacy here, just random incompetent officiating. It really was a poorly called game.

From my perspective they did not grab Bollers facemask on that play but rather the back of his helmet. That is why no penalty was called.

On the Darling play I swear I saw the Ref going for the flag and could not find it then let the play progress when Kyle got away.

What About The Block In The Back That Was Not Called On The Long Pass Play To Maroney??

What seems interesting to me is that I have heard from people from across the country say how poorly officiated the game was. As a Raven's fan, I am used to it and have come to expect it. To hear it from a New Yorker really got my attention
    There is no love lost between a New Yok sports fan and a New England (Boston) team. So the fact that you heard it from a New Yorker does not surprise me.

What does surprise me is hearing and reading comments from Cleveland and Pittsburgh fans saying the same thing.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    1. The TD was questionable but the decision to uphold it was the right call. There was some movement of the ball but I agree with the on the field call to let it stand. Remember, it takes undisputed evidence to overturn the call on the field and, even though it kills me to say it, they got it right.

How as a ref can you say it was the right call when you are even saying there was movement. You have to have total control of the ball which he did not have. I can also tell you this i sit right in front of the ravens coaching staff and the pats coaching staff and when we looked back the pats coaches were saying no good and ravens staff was excited, when the call came in to uphold the pats staff looked shocked and our coaches were throwing paper. Just one of the many bad calls of the night!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim