Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 59
  1. #13

    Re: James Hurst Trend



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yes it was. It wasn't too long ago (summer) I was saying Jensen is likely center and people were losing their minds. He's worked out ok
    He's ben far better than expected. You never hear anything about him, which is about the best thing you could expect. He isnt getting raked over the coals like previously
    105 Receptions 849 Yards -Kyle Juszcyk

    37 receptions 525 yards. - Perriman





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,056

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I pray to god Hurst is gone next year. Never been a fan, never liked his play.

    I don't care what bar graph anyone pops into this thread. If James Hurst is listed as a starter on your depth chart your team has problems.

    Hurst is terrible.

    Drafting a starting guard and RT is immediate priority
    I dont think Hurst is very good, but he has definitely been quite good in recent weeks.

    A lot of the pressure comes from the right side. Stanley also didn't play very well against the Vikings.

    I'm not saying Ken's ratings are god, but I mean he lists out everything and how he gets to his score. The reality is Hurst has been playing quite well, regardless of my opinion of him prior to this season.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  3. #15

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I pray to god Hurst is gone next year. Never been a fan, never liked his play.

    I don't care what bar graph anyone pops into this thread. If James Hurst is listed as a starter on your depth chart your team has problems.

    Hurst is terrible.

    Drafting a starting guard and RT is immediate priority

    Well when you go through the game tape snap by snap and make notes on how Hurst is performing and measure that against where he's been in the past, then we'll listen to your opinion on him.

    Why do you want the dude to not actually be playing well?





  4. #16

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Well when you go through the game tape snap by snap and make notes on how Hurst is performing and measure that against where he's been in the past, then we'll listen to your opinion on him.

    Why do you want the dude to not actually be playing well?
    No offense but I don't really care if you listen to my opinion or not. I stated it same as you did

    HUrst is horrible. He is responsible for Flaccos injury back in 2015, earlier this year he stepped on his foot again. The guy gets beat like a drum.

    He is horrible, I watch every single game and nothing will waiver my stance on him. I am not rooting for him to fail, I just expect him to fail because of all the sub par talent at damn near every postion through out this roster Hurst is one of the weakest points at his position.

    No bar graph or statement is going to change that for me. He sucks, I stated previous years the same things about (Elam, Perriman, ) Even on issues with Wallace regarding his blocking etc...

    I ate crow on Ryan Jensen because I saw consistent marginal improvement from him. Never been a fan of Jenson or Hurst. Never liked Jensen filling it at guard. He has played much better under center

    I have not seen anything from Hurst.





  5. #17

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    No offense but I don't really care if you listen to my opinion or not. I stated it same as you did

    HUrst is horrible. He is responsible for Flaccos injury back in 2015, earlier this year he stepped on his foot again. The guy gets beat like a drum.

    He is horrible, I watch every single game and nothing will waiver my stance on him. I am not rooting for him to fail, I just expect him to fail because of all the sub par talent at damn near every postion through out this roster Hurst is one of the weakest points at his position.

    No bar graph or statement is going to change that for me. He sucks, I stated previous years the same things about (Elam, Perriman, ) Even on issues with Wallace regarding his blocking etc...

    I ate crow on Ryan Jensen because I saw consistent marginal improvement from him. Never been a fan of Jenson or Hurst. Never liked Jensen filling it at guard. He has played much better under center

    I have not seen anything from Hurst.



    Then your letting your obvious bias against him get in the way of whats obvious to see and that's that Hursts' play has improved over the last few weeks which, again, makes no sense to refuse to see a player that has improved lol. Crazy!





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dyess AFB
    Posts
    447

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    No offense but I don't really care if you listen to my opinion or not. I stated it same as you did

    HUrst is horrible. He is responsible for Flaccos injury back in 2015, earlier this year he stepped on his foot again. The guy gets beat like a drum.

    He is horrible, I watch every single game and nothing will waiver my stance on him. I am not rooting for him to fail, I just expect him to fail because of all the sub par talent at damn near every postion through out this roster Hurst is one of the weakest points at his position.

    No bar graph or statement is going to change that for me. He sucks, I stated previous years the same things about (Elam, Perriman, ) Even on issues with Wallace regarding his blocking etc...

    I ate crow on Ryan Jensen because I saw consistent marginal improvement from him. Never been a fan of Jenson or Hurst. Never liked Jensen filling it at guard. He has played much better under center

    I have not seen anything from Hurst.
    He actually was not responsible. He went to pick up the block that the other guy missed. causing him to be out of position this was spoke about before I believe by Filmstudy but not 100% sure





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    16,270
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yes it was. It wasn't too long ago (summer) I was saying Jensen is likely center and people were losing their minds. He's worked out ok
    Jensen has been better than I expected. My ? is "why didn't they give him a shot a year or two ago?" Now that we "found" him, he's an UFA in 2018. SMH... Bc





  8. #20

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post


    Then your letting your obvious bias against him get in the way of whats obvious to see and that's that Hursts' play has improved over the last few weeks which, again, makes no sense to refuse to see a player that has improved lol. Crazy!
    Funny how you think reading a quote on a message board can tell you I am biast??

    If you knew me bro you would know I am the least biast person you would ever meet. I go no problem giving praise when its due but I got no problem saying a player or my team sucks when they suck.

    Hurst is terrible, every single local media or radio announcer bangs on him same as I do. He is not a viable NFL starter at any position they have ever plugged him in at.

    So he had a nice game or two, so did Jeremy Zuttah early on in his career here. That adds up to exactly what? Nothing.

    Maybe you should stop smoking with your buddy Smokey, its Thursday not Friday yet





  9. #21

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Jensen has been better than I expected. My ? is "why didn't they give him a shot a year or two ago?" Now that we "found" him, he's an UFA in 2018. SMH... Bc
    Because that incredible head coach we have. He is such a great talent evaluator

    Remember this same guy Kept Arhtur Brown around and Let John Simon walk after 1 season after drafting him.
    Same coach who retained Webb and brought him back after we all saw his play and speed tail off what 3 seasons ago?





  10. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Its sad that people let a poor performance, let a lone 1 play, at LT dictate whether the player has any value. Ive been strongly in the Hurst camp since before he was even signed here. Hes a solid player. Not a world beater, but hes played well when called upon generally or atleast as expected by a young player thrust into a lineup. Its not surprising to see he needed a few weeks to get comfortable at a position hes literally never played before the last week of TC. Give the guy a break. I dont see a ton of pressure coming from his side, I do from RG.

    If were going to hold Flaccos injury against him still, can he get some props for starting at LT the last time we won a playoff game too? can somebody be subjective enough to look at what hes done since, just alittle? RT, LG... hes played above average at both. thats the latest we have to go off of. Ist like saying Jimmy Smith is a bust because of his first 2 years... hes corrected those issues, and is one of the best CBs in the league. Hurst isnt one of the best, but hes certainly serviceable and id be happy to have him back, especially at a swing option off the bench which hes perfect for.
    -JAB





  11. #23

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Funny how you think reading a quote on a message board can tell you I am biast??

    If you knew me bro you would know I am the least biast person you would ever meet. I go no problem giving praise when its due but I got no problem saying a player or my team sucks when they suck.

    Hurst is terrible, every single local media or radio announcer bangs on him same as I do. He is not a viable NFL starter at any position they have ever plugged him in at.

    So he had a nice game or two, so did Jeremy Zuttah early on in his career here. That adds up to exactly what? Nothing.

    Maybe you should stop smoking with your buddy Smokey, its Thursday not Friday yet
    Sounds like the blind leading the blind...........





  12. #24

    Re: James Hurst Trend

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Sounds like the blind leading the blind...........
    Dude, you can act like you are more knowledgeable or smarter than every other poster on this board but the only one padding you on the back is yourself.

    Nothing is funnier than a message board member boasting how they are the smartest person in the room ( when your in the same room as the rest of us). Flat out hilarious.

    Cant speak for anyone else but I don't care what you think. You have no idea if I dissect every game play by play, or even watch the game for that matter because your nothing more than a fan on a message board.

    Same with me! But nice job thumping your chest on a Thursday before watching the soon to be sh** show later today





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland