Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Fans

Re: Our Fans

Well, I seem to remember several years back, attending a MNF game against the Broncos in which the Ravens were Heavy Underdogs! Well, the Ravens kicked their you-know-what that night. The stadium was rocking that night, and last night was every bit as electric! In fact, I stood more last night during the game, than I have at any game at the Vault. I felt like I was at a VT game, in which the student body NEVER sits down during the game, except at halftime.

It wasn't really that cold last night, but the winds...I sid 3 rows from the rim and it sounded like a freight train was rolling by...it was the wind hitting the seating bowl. The wind made it somewaht uncomfortable, not too hateful.

Crowd was really into it for the most part, and we gave it everything we had in the last 5 minutes.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Just watched the game on video and you guys rocked. I don't know how you all felt after that game?But it was bad enough sitting infront of the cathode ray tube and having your heart ripped out.Just bewildered by such a great performance and still coming up short.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    I don't know how you all felt after that game?
    Surprisingly I wasn't too disappointed or upset walking out. I think I was numb. It was such an intense game from the beginning to the end. There was never that small lull but it seemed constant. To think about it now, it seems kind of like a dream. I can't wait until I get home tonight to watch it again the the DVR.

The last P*triot drive was so strange. Part of me knew that Brady would score so I think I was prepared. The odd thing was that we stopped them on 4th and 1 (Timeout Rex) then on 4th and 6 (motion offense) then on the throw into the endzone (interference). There were three times when in my mind, we won. It was crazy. Maybe it settles in by tomorrow or after I watch it again and then I get upset over losing but even now, it feels like a Raven win.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Maybe it settles in by tomorrow or after I watch it again and then I get upset over losing
    Yes I can understand the dream like quality from the stands, but actually seeing it playout on screen,with each play burning into your mind.It seems much more painful.

Funny I said in another thread.It was like that last drive by the PAT's was pre-ordained and we knew how it was going to end.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Well at least the Refs knew how THEY wanted it to end...

Quote Originally Posted by jefe96 View Post
    This is such a stupid and idiotic thread. So you're going to be a tough guy and go yell at someone who might have had a very good reason for giving up his tickets. Way to go, real classy. So then we'll all look like inbreds when 2 fans dressed in Ravens gear are hauled out by the cops.

Why not call out the ones who don't show up for games against the lowly Jets or Cardinals. I counted numerous empty seats and opposing fans for those games in September. Last time I checked those games count too. Was it too hot for them?

You know who the fake fans are. They own the seats that have different people sitting in them every week. Go find out who they are and pick a fight with them.

For the record I wasn't there due to a serious injury. And I was going nuts all night at home wishing I could be there. The tickets were sold to other Ravens fans at face value no less! Wow, what a sellout I am. Missed the game and didn't even make a profit.

Just make sure you know the real situation before you go calling out people for no reason. Last time I checked it's their money not yours that bought the PSL and the tickets. They can do whatever they want with them. Nobody needs to answer to you.
    You are off base IMHO. This attitude is what separates us from Jacksonville and others. We want to be known as the Black hole type of town, a loud KC type stadium. People who have the same opinion as you work against the greater good!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Well, I seem to remember several years back, attending a MNF game against the Broncos in which the Ravens were Heavy Underdogs! Well, the Ravens kicked their you-know-what that night. The stadium was rocking that night, and last night was every bit as electric! In fact, I stood more last night during the game, than I have at any game at the Vault. I felt like I was at a VT game, in which the student body NEVER sits down during the game, except at halftime.
    I have experienced a VT game also. That is the most electric place I have ever been. While M&T absolutely rocks, there is nothing that can top the enthusiam when the Hokies come onto the field, with Metallica's "Enter Sandman" playing! M&T gets loud for sure, but Lane Stadium in Blacksburg is way louder. I really miss that. FSU is my closest college team, and I WILL never root for them.

All that being said, you guys at the game last night were absolutely louder than hell! Great Job!!!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I got so pissed off at the ending of the game that I kicked the back of one empty seat which left a nasty bruise on the big toe of my right foot. But all in all the crowd in my section which was full of die-hard Ravens fans was great.
    Last edited by Nightman; 12-04-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Adding a sentance

First to the fans thanks for getting into the game. You were very loud when our team needed the noise. That being said I was very disappointed to see some fans throw bottles onto the field. I don't want to see Raven fans labeled like others around the NFL.

Secondly if you are caught on TV doing that you can lose your seats. Please think before any of you do that again.

11. Re: Our Fans

I watched on TV and I have to tell you...YOU ALL ROCKED OUR HOUSE It was so loud on TV, I can't imagine how it was at the Bank I was proud of our faithful I guess you all didn't have enough time to get too drunk eh?

I had to sit out last night . . . have a ten year old that had school today and she needed to be home, not spending the night somewhere.

Anyhoo . . . . . . having not spend many homes games NOT at the Great Purple Circle of Hope, I must say I was WAY impressed with the crowd noise coming through on the tv. Excellent job guys and gals.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters