Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boller gets start against PATS

I am sure everyone has seen the news by now that Boller gets the nod to start under center for the Monday night game against the Pats and possibly for the remainder of the season.

I hope he has a career day against the Pats. Something tells me he is going to have to air the ball out quite a bit. I am not predicting a win by any stretch of the imagination but I would like to see the guy make Baltimore look a little better then they did on the last Monday night contest.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Re: Boller gets start against PATS

I am not a Boller hugger or hater, I just want the Ravens to look better than we have before on Monday night this season. If that means Boller having a career day so be. I wish him luck cause its gonna be hard. Just be competitive. Don't let NE run the score up on us.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I am actually in the same boat as you. I just created my signature to be a silly goose and ruffle some feathers. I am indifferent. I am not into calling the guy a loser or exalting him as the second coming of the Messiah.

Keep the mistakes/turnovers to a minimum. Put up some points and have the defense not blow coverage in the secondary and we should be okay.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Keep the mistakes/turnovers to a minimum. Put up some points and have the defense not blow coverage in the secondary and we should be okay.
    You know what, a win this Monday, no matter how they get it (fgs, ST play, Defense, Boller airng it out etc), would definitely brighten up the season. We could always point to that game as the one the Patriots perfect season went down the tubes.

I am indifferent. I am not into calling the guy a loser or exalting him as the second coming of the Messiah.
    Be fair. Right now you just have a picture of Boller getting sacked. Find a poised Boller picutre/graphic and juxtaposed that with the sack picture--that is if such a picture exists.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Dave the sig line is hilarious.

Find a poised Boller picutre/graphic and juxtaposed that with the sack picture--that is if such a picture exists.
    Crazy be fair, Kyle looks poised at least a couple times each game, sometimes more.

From everything I've been hearing from the local people on the radio, Steve's should actually *was* hurt, and still is.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    You know what, a win this Monday, no matter how they get it (fgs, ST play, Defense, Boller airng it out etc), would definitely brighten up the season. We could always point to that game as the one the Patriots perfect season went down the tubes.

Be fair. Right now you just have a picture of Boller getting sacked. Find a poised Boller picutre/graphic and juxtaposed that with the sack picture--that is if such a picture exists.
    HAHAHA... well, in my picture, he is not being sacked. He is being hugged. You see, like me, the person "hugging" him is also a member of the Un-Apologetic Boller Hugger Society (UBHS).

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Yeah, thats a realistic hope. A career game against the best defense he will face all season. He will be lucky not to totally embarass himself. That would be a great day for Boller.:p
    Way to blow out my candle so yours shines brighter. You are just a mean and un-loving person. In all seriousness, a career day does not indicate a win. I am referring to numbers, not score.

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Way to blow out my candle so yours shines brighter. You are just a mean and un-loving person. In all seriousness, a career day does not indicate a win. I am referring to numbers, not score.
    Dave, you are definately becoming one of my favorites on the forum.

Don't feel bad, shine your candle bright Dave. Some people WANT to see our team and Boller fail so they can feel better about themselves. It's a mental condition of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Dave, you are definately becoming one of my favorites on the forum.

Don't feel bad, shine your candle bright Dave. Some people WANT to see our team and Boller fail so they can feel better about themselves. It's a mental condition of some sort.
    Thanks Stinger. I appreciate it. I will try not to disappoint. Being a smart-ass can be like a full time job though. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I think it is over Stinger's head that you are actually being tongue-in-cheek with the Boller Hugging as I have read your posts and you are actually more of a Boller skeptic, big time to say the least. I think you are kind of funny, so there, a Boller hater getting along with a Boller hugger. Wonders never cease!:D

DAMNIT... Tex is onto my game... EXIT; STAGE LEFT!

I am a Boller Skeptic. I want the guy to do okay at the least. I do not expect great things from the guy. I do expect him to be a competent QB in the NFL though. I think he shows some promise, but I do get a little tired of waiting for him to come into his own. I will not continuously bash the guy either. I am simply taking the wait longer and see. As for Stinger, I think he gets my humor. He is a good guy.

But ultimately, yes.. a Boller hugger and hater getting along is bound to bring imbalance to the force. Maybe there is hope yet for Israel and Palestine.

Yes, Dave. I get your humor. Tex is actually too stupid to realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    I get your humor. Tex is actually too stupid to realize that.
    Tex is incapable of realizing a lot of things, including the fact that he's the most boring, repetitive poster in the world. He can only talk about one topic, and he has had nothing new to say about that topic in years.

Getting back to the original issue, even if McNair were healthy, I would still start Boller and see what he can do. McNair hasn't had a good game all year, and will probably not be back next year, so I don't see the point of starting him, even if he were healthy, which is apparently isn't.

Besides, behind this OL, if they threw him back in, he wouldn't stay healthy for long.