Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Entire AFC Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I think what we are seeing is other teams have figured out how to draft and draft well and damn every team has atleast 2-4 players that are balling out of their minds and the ravens have none. We have some good players but who are the playmakers on this team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, but I don't understand why people are assuming that the talent pool is all of the sudden bad across the AFC for some reason. Has the power shifted to the NFC? Perhaps, I haven't checked the aggregate head to head record yet, that will solve that question easily. Has talent deteriorated since 10-15 years ago? Hard to say, 2002 NFL will never be able to play against 2017 NFL (there may be some overlap, but we're talking about guys on the back-end of their career vs. young players).

All I know is that I see a nation full of hungry high school and college athletes pushing to make it to the NFL, and I see 320 pound guys flying around the field faster than 99% of Americans can run.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I agree, but I don't understand why people are assuming that the talent pool is all of the sudden bad across the AFC for some reason. Has the power shifted to the NFC? Perhaps, I haven't checked the aggregate head to head record yet, that will solve that question easily. Has talent deteriorated since 10-15 years ago? Hard to say, 2002 NFL will never be able to play against 2017 NFL (there may be some overlap, but we're talking about guys on the back-end of their career vs. young players).

All I know is that I see a nation full of hungry high school and college athletes pushing to make it to the NFL, and I see 320 pound guys flying around the field faster than 99% of Americans can run.
    Its not a conference talent pool issue. The NFC is the same as the AFC... who are the really great teams over there? I don't see any.

I think its a combination of a lot of things. I think you've got a group of young QBs who are turning into really good players, and that's balancing out the power of the older veteran QBs who have typically dominated the league.

Think of it this way... for over a decade, the only teams that mattered in the AFC were Brady, whoever Peyton played for, and the Steelers/Ravens. That's it. Some other teams would make the playoffs off and on, but everybody else was basically dead money in the AFC. Now Peyton is gone, Ravens are essentially in the shitter, and the Patriots don't look nearly as good as they typically are. That introduces parity into the AFC.

NFC has been a bit more balanced in recent years, mostly because the NFC hasn't had the QB dominance that the AFC has had. Rodgers is out now, Brees plays on a team with a horrible defense, and every other team is basically the same.

In theory, what you have is that all the teams that spent like a decade being irrelevant eventually accumulated a good enough supply of players that they've moved themselves up into average or even good territory.

lol its week 7. ravens gonna win super bowl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    lol its week 7. ravens gonna win super bowl
    Only a 1/2 game out of the wild card

Until we get rid of Ozzie we’re not going anywhere. We should be dominating the AFC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Until we get rid of Ozzie we’re not going anywhere. We should be dominating the AFC.

I just don't know if it's Ozzie or if it's Harbaugh no one knows how much influence John has in all this mess. We could easily get an offensive minded coach in here and Ozzie could concentrate on just the O who knows. They never tell you who has how much say. I mean if Billick got his way with Boller who knows what John has gotten

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I just don't know if it's Ozzie or if it's Harbaugh no one knows how much influence John has in all this mess. We could easily get an offensive minded coach in here and Ozzie could concentrate on just the O who knows. They never tell you who has how much say. I mean if Billick got his way with Boller who knows what John has gotten
    I'm not sure of anything/anyone, but subjectively after we won the Super Bowl (and recall that we were one catch away from going the prior year), why did we trade Boldin and let Torrey Smith walk? Although they weren't star WRs, they were our most productive receivers and had good chemistry with Flacco. Man, just look at the WRs/TEs we've brought in since. UGH! ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

i think the bond between biscuit and harbs is stronger than biscuit and ozzie.i
    think harbs has a lot more power than most on here believe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i think the bond between biscuit and harbs is stronger than biscuit and ozzie.i
    think harbs has a lot more power than most on here believe
    I don't doubt that