Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Will 2018 be an embarrassment of riches?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Imagine getting back:

Bam Bradley - ok
    Maurice Canady - - unproven
    Ken Dixon - jag
    Jaylen Hill - cause he hasn't played yet - unproven
    Alex Lewis - decent
    Albert McClellan - jag
    Stephane Nembot - jag
    Sheldon Price - jag
    Nico Siragusa - maybe, his was really bad - unproven
    Tim White - unproven
    Danny Woodhead - done
    Marshall Yanda - HOF
    Tavon Young - good

Just imagine, for a moment, that this team will be healthy at the beginning of next season. I know, it's difficult.

Brandon Boykin, Crockett Gillmore and Brent Urban don't count cause they'll be FA and would need to be resigned.

I will certainly be embarrassed at the relative riches on the Baltimore Ravens in 2018

I imagine the roster looking something like this (offseason pickups are admittedly more my preference than what I think will happen). Soooo many factors to consider, but I'm optimistic, yes.

Flacco, Mallett
    1st Round Pick, Woodhead, Dixon (Guice????)
    Maclin, Wallace, Perriman, 4th Round Pick, White, 5th Round Pick (Wallace will probably leave, but I don't think we have enough talent to let him)
    Boyle, Mid-Price Veteran, Williams (can easily see this being the worst position on the roster)
    Stanley, Lewis, Jensen, Yanda, Howard, 2nd Round Pick G/T, Siragusa, Eluemunor (have to invest heavily in this draft...maybe even bring in decent veteran to oust Siragusa or Eluemunor)

Williams, Pierce, Davis, Henry, Ricard, Kaufusi, Wormley (Urban a tough-to-price FA)
    Smith, Judon, 3rd Round Pick or Mid-Priced Vet, Williams, Bowser (Suggs to retire?)
    Mosley, Onwuasor, McClellan, Correa (FO is tempted to draft somebody to put beside CJ, post-Correa fail)
    Smith, Carr, Humphrey, Young, Webb, Hill, Canady
    Weddle, Jefferson, Clark, Levine (FO also tempted to get younger here, but if you're not going to draft one in top 3 rounds, you probably shouldn't bother)

Tucker, Koch, Cox

Yes the draft picks are slanted heavily, but they absolutely will need to be. More than 1 or 2 drafted defensive rookies would likely put us in a position to have to cut a really good defensive player. Again, so much can and will happen. (But look at that cornerback depth chart, holy smokes).

i dont see anything special in that roster

Imagine getting back:

Bam Bradley
    Maurice Canady
    Ken Dixon
    Jaylen Hill - cause he hasn't played yet
    Alex Lewis
    Albert McClellan
    Stephane Nembot
    Sheldon Price
    Nico Siragusa - maybe, his was really bad
    Tim White
    Danny Woodhead
    Marshall Yanda
    Tavon Young

Just imagine, for a moment, that this team will be healthy at the beginning of next season. I know, it's difficult.

Brandon Boykin, Crockett Gillmore and Brent Urban don't count cause they'll be FA and would need to be resigned.
    That's a full magazine of .44 Magnums. Unfortunately, our coaches are .22 Shorts.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Imo, we have no reason to think injuries will just stop (never do, but in our capacity). I look forward to seeing guys like Dixon and Lewis progressing, but I expect to lose others

Imagine getting back:

Bam Bradley
    Maurice Canady
    Ken Dixon
    Alex Lewis
    Albert McClellan
    Stephane Nembot
    Sheldon Price
    Tim White
    Danny Woodhead
    Marshall Yanda
    Tavon Young

This poster totally gets the point. Who in this league has that kind of talent and depth scheduled to return? While I haven't done focused research on the topic, I'd bet we would be #1.

Imagine getting back:

Bam Bradley
    Maurice Canady
    Ken Dixon
    Alex Lewis
    Albert McClellan
    Stephane Nembot
    Sheldon Price
    Tim White
    Danny Woodhead
    Marshall Yanda
    Tavon Young

We will be cutting talent and hopefully using some in a trade or two.

I think I am most disappointed about Gilmore, I really wanted to see a full year of him, he was the guy I was most excited about this year....

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    We will be cutting talent and hopefully using some in a trade or two.
    Or, maybe 15 people will be on the IR again. Hard to say really at this point. But there will be a ton of young players on the team. McClellan, Woodhead and Yanda are the only real veterans and Yanda is the only one I would say is guaranteed a roster spot of the three.

Blog Entries

My off-season moves would be to completely revamp the O. So here's what I'd look at doing.

FA:
    - Re sign Jensen
    - Sign Urban to a 1 year deal
    - Release either Jimmy or Carr (tough)
    - Sign Sammy Watkins
    - Try and extend Maclin
    - Keep Howard (he will be valuable as swing tackle or starter)

Draft:
    - Draft highest rated offense player in 1st rd at any of these positions (G, RB, TE, OT, WR) let's say for arguments sake we land with Mike McGlinchey out of Notre Dame. That gives us our bookends, and Howard is either swing tackle or moved inside depending on Yanda or Lewis health.

- 2nd rd draft highest rated offensive player again... I'd aim for a TE. So let's say we land with Fumagalli.

- 3rd rd is where id look at drafting a QB.

All of the above is hypothetical... who knows which prospect is gonna be ranked where as of yet, just giving an idea of what we could aim for.

Stanley-Lewis-Jensen-Yanda-McGlinchey

Back ups: Howard, Goose, Loomy/Skura

I've learned that in this day your OL is more than 5 guys, you need 8 decent lineman on your roster.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    My off-season moves would be to completely revamp the O. So here's what I'd look at doing.

FA:
    - Re sign Jensen
    - Sign Urban to a 1 year deal
    - Release either Jimmy or Carr (tough)
    - Sign Sammy Watkins
    - Try and extend Maclin
    - Keep Howard (he will be valuable as swing tackle or starter)

Why would releasing Carr or Jimmy even be a thought? Carr doesn't miss games and plays well in our system, yea he gave up a TD Sunday but that was a broken play. Why would you want to get rid of any depth at the CB position? Not remember 2014 playoffs? Yes we have Young and Canady, but where are they? IR.

I never get this Watkins talk. No doubt he has talent but the guy is consistently injured and is easily going to get over 10mill a year. Imagine the outrage when we sign him and in week 1 his foot get hurts again. Besides, LAR will sign him long term. \

Going into a round looking for a specific position I think is a mistake for the most part, you look for the best player on the board. I do like the rest of your plans though