Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Where do people stand on the Marlon Humphrey v. Oj Howard debate currently?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Only 540 yards???? He was a rookie. Todd Heap had some years where he had less than that. Howard is not scoring 10 TDs and making 540 yards this season.
    His original point was that Gronk wasn't even Gronk as a rookie.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    How do you feel about Mike Gisecki?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I want him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Don't even bother correcting him. He always jumps the gun on these things. He can't help himself.
    As was already stated, Gronk had 10 tds and almost 600 yards in his rookie season. It was pretty evident that he was special from the get go. Howard hasnt shown much of anything yet. Not that he wont be good but I dont believe hes ever going to come close to having a Gronk impact, not even convinced he will ever be a top TE in this league. And regardless, I’m not going to dismiss other posters valid points because of my own stupid bias. And its all for moot, Humphrey is our guy and hes been very good so far.

Blog Entries

People are saying this, because we don't care about offense around here. There was great potential for a dynamic TE to come in and do damage in this offense. As it stands now, when Watson isn't in, they don't have that guy and they don't have anyone in the red zone. Boyle's blocking has been a disappointment. Watson you just pray can stay healthy and Williams has done nothing. And none of this should have been a surprise to anyone. None of it. And now you're CB gets to stay on the field all day long, because the offense can't move the chains. This just shows how embedded into the psyche of Baltimore football fans the defense-first mindset really is.

5. Re: Where do people stand on the Marlon Humphrey v. Oj Howard debate currently?

Seems like these ultra athletic receiving TE's usually don't live up to the hype like Gresham, Ebron and others. I'm happy with Humphrey so far, he looks like he can play.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    As was already stated, Gronk had 10 tds and almost 600 yards in his rookie season. It was pretty evident that he was special from the get go. Howard hasnt shown much of anything yet. Not that he wont be good but I dont believe hes ever going to come close to having a Gronk impact, not even convinced he will ever be a top TE in this league. And regardless, I’m not going to dismiss other posters valid points because of my own stupid bias. And its all for moot, Humphrey is our guy and hes been very good so far.
    He was not the same Gronk that he became. That was USMC's original point. Yes, he showed promise, but he was not the same dominant Gronk that he became known as. Leach's point wasn't valid at all and his retort to USMC's mention of Gronk's yardage was that Gronk was a rookie, which was USMC's point to begin with.

Blog Entries

People are saying this, because we don't care about offense around here. There was great potential for a dynamic TE to come in and do damage in this offense. As it stands now, when Watson isn't in, they don't have that guy and they don't have anyone in the red zone. Boyle's blocking has been a disappointment. Watson you just pray can stay healthy and Williams has done nothing. And none of this should have been a surprise to anyone. None of it. And now you're CB gets to stay on the field all day long, because the offense can't move the chains. This just shows how embedded into the psyche of Baltimore football fans the defense-first mindset really is.
    You say this and yet, this dynamic TE hasnt done anything on the team he did get drafted by. Holes in the.... nevermind.

Blog Entries

His original point was that Gronk wasn't even Gronk as a rookie.
    No, actually his original point was that Gronk was immediately the no 1 guy in his rookie year. This ‘dynamic’ Howard youre speaking of isnt anywhere near the same player.

He makes the occasional (expected) rookie mistake, but it seems to me that 9 times out of 10, Humphrey is stuck to his man like glue. It's rare to see a first-year guy play like that. I am very happy with him as our #1 pick.

Blog Entries

He was not the same Gronk that he became. That was USMC's original point. Yes, he showed promise, but he was not the same dominant Gronk that he became known as. Leach's point wasn't valid at all and his retort to USMC's mention of Gronk's yardage was that Gronk was a rookie, which was USMC's point to begin with.
    Why I bother I dont know but what the hell. The original point, made by leach, was that Gronk was immediately the #1 TE in New England and it was evident that he was special. USMC then said that Gronk wasn’t Gronk in his first year blah blah. Then leach demonstrated that yes, he did put up special numbers as a rookie TE that displayed that Gronk was a special player, something that Howard isnt doing and doesnt look like hes going to do. So yes, Leach was right. ‘Yes he showed promise’ lol, ya he showed promise by putting up some of the best numbers ever by a rookie TE. Jfc

Blog Entries

My view of OJ Howard as the next Eric Ebron has not changed. Howard is a blocking TE. He's a very good blocking TE but he will never be Gronk or Greg Olsen. I'm much happier with Humphrey. He's the better player.

I want him.
    If Barkley is off the board when we pick, I agree.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk