Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Jemele Hill at it again

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    it gonna be crazy if they tell players they cant knee. they knew this, this is why they decided not to change it. the Kneel has got people talking but a lot of people missed the point of why they are kneeling it is no disrespect to the military in-fact the knee was created by a special forces member. if they try to control the players they will lose they know this. and if they using that platform to speak then so be it a lot of these players are not recognizable as stars because of the helmets but if someone like a brady or Rodgers franchise individuals get behind it then the press conference things will work if you know what I mean
    It doesn't matter what something actually means, it's about perception. The majority of us in here know it's know meant to be disrespectful to the military, doesn't mean it isn't. It's not a right or wrong thing because it's about perception.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    It doesn't matter what something actually means, it's about perception. The majority of us in here know it's know meant to be disrespectful to the military, doesn't mean it isn't. It's not a right or wrong thing because it's about perception.

I think you mean no disrespect to the military. The problem is people tend to hide their racism under the guise of patriotism which is whats happening. instead of being mad about what they are protesting listen to the message but they don't because deep down they may have very racist tendencies that they don't want to overtly show. But this is not just about race this is about class, dignity and respect for people.

I think you mean no disrespect to the military. The problem is people tend to hide their racism under the guise of patriotism which is whats happening. instead of being mad about what they are protesting listen to the message but they don't because deep down they may have very racist tendencies that they don't want to overtly show. But this is not just about race this is about class, dignity and respect for people.
    Yea I meant no disrespect, my phone is messing up. I'm not going to say racism. Doesn't exist, but I definitely thing it's used as a crutch way too often. I'm literally sitting in a court room listening to these black guys say the only. Reason they are guilty is because they checked African American on some slip.... It's actually quite comical

I hear you the problem is the people that need to be he accountable are not. This is where it starts

Blog Entries

I think what youíre saying is true about some using patriotism as a mask for other things, but the issue I have is that the ideals behind kneeling lie with the BLM movement, which makes claims that are grossly inaccurate and, in some instances, just factually incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

RIP #25

Blog Entries

I hear you the problem is the people that need to be he accountable are not. This is where it starts

I think those things need to be dealt with on a case by case basis. The BLM movement has inspired a lot of broad brush criticism that, when challenged, is found to be statistically incorrect. Now, thatís not to say there arenít outliers. But by and large, they are pushing memes that arenít accurate and are based on false narratives. Theyíre relying on the vast laziness and stupidity of Americans that donít know any better and get their news from John Oliver and Facebook.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

RIP #25

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think those things need to be dealt with on a case by case basis. The BLM movement has inspired a lot of broad brush criticism that, when challenged, is found to be statistically incorrect. Now, that’s not to say there aren’t outliers. But by and large, they are pushing memes that aren’t accurate and are based on false narratives. They’re relying on the vast laziness and stupidity of Americans that don’t know any better and get their news from John Oliver and Facebook.

I've unfollowed so many people lately cause I see all the stuff like this they like and share. It's unreal people rely on this for their "news".
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

I think those things need to be dealt with on a case by case basis. The BLM movement has inspired a lot of broad brush criticism that, when challenged, is found to be statistically incorrect. Now, thatís not to say there arenít outliers. But by and large, they are pushing memes that arenít accurate and are based on false narratives. Theyíre relying on the vast laziness and stupidity of Americans that donít know any better and get their news from John Oliver and Facebook.

People seem to think entertainment is news. I won't lie, I find John Oliver funny, but I don't go spitting off what he says as news or facts.

9. Re: Jemele Hill at it again

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    The real issue not being addressed is the treatment of unarmed black people by the police. That's it. That's what this whole thing is about. That's why Colin kneeled in the first place. Everything else is BS. I agree. As long as black folks are shucking and jiving and providing an entertainment dollar, the general populace is happy.

JJ gonna end up just like D'jango. This won't end well.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    One of the problems with the whole argument is that "unarmed does not mean they weren't still a real threat". If you attack a police officer successfully, even with just your bare hands, you can arm yourself quite easily, by taking their: pepper spray, nightstick, tazer...or gun.

There are older videos taken from dashcams & security cameras showing LEO's being overpowered and either suffering grave injuries from severe beatings or being disarmed and then shot with their own firearms. Thanks to these videos, police gained a greater awareness of the importance of not allowing a suspect to get the upper hand on them, especially regarding firearms retention. So now they are trained to use deadly force against anyone that presents themselves as a threat to take their weapons from them. Which is why they're shooting unarmed men--of all races--at a higher rate than they did in the 80s and previous decades, because they didn't have dashcams and security cameras back then, so they weren't fully cognizant of the threat that even unarmed men can pose.

Here's an example of what the police sometimes have to deal with:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIKBIOtEjA

From the description under that video:
    Video from the dashboard camera of a Cottonwood Police Department cruiser showed a close-knit Idaho family that appeared nearly invulnerable to stun guns, police batons and fists during a melee in a Walmart parking lot March 21 in which one person was killed and one officer wounded by a gunshot. MORE COMPLETE COVERAGE: Officer-involved shootings in Arizona SLIDESHOW: Fallen Phoenix Police Officers PAY IT FORWARD: How You Can Help Donate to 100 Club at 602-485-0100 Cottonwood Police Chief Jody Fanning showed the video during a news conference Friday morning and said no matter what tactics officers used, nothing appeared to deter the family of eight. The dash-cam was the only one of three that was operational that night, Fanning said. Four officers arrived at the Walmart after employees called about one of the Boise, ID, family members pushing an employee to the ground outside one of the store's bathrooms. [RELATED: Suspects ID'd in Cottonwood Walmart brawl] The family had gathered outside their older model Chevrolet Suburban when officers arrived. The confrontation started when one of the officers said they would split up the family to talk with them about what happened inside the store, Fanning said. But the father, 55-year-old Peter Gaver, and one of his sons stepped in and told police they wouldn't allow them to separate the family, Fanning said. Another officer approached the mother, 52-year-old Ruth Gaver, and her 11-year-old daughter when one of the brothers ran in between them. Police Sgt. Jeremy Daniels grabbed the man and the melee was on, Fanning said. The family utilized tactics that had to be "taught," Fanning said. For instance, they knew that punching officers on the body was futile because of their protective vests. Instead, the fought officers by grabbing at their eyes, ears and mouths and pulling hard. They also had been taught to roll after they were shot with stun guns in order to break the wires and stop the shock, and to appear to give up by putting their hands in the air in order to get close to attack again. The family refused orders to "get on the ground" and eventually overpowered Daniels. Two of the suspects, including Enoch Graver, battled the officer for his gun, which went off and wounded him in the leg. Four more officers arrived and Enoch Graver, 21, was shot to death and his 18-year-old brother David Graver was shot in the abdomen. Even with eight officers on the scene, nothing the officers tried appeared to stop the family, including the use of stun guns, pepper spray and police batons. In almost every instance, the suspects continued to fight the officers. Fanning said to four people to get one of the brothers in handcuffs and two officers to get the remaining male suspects in cuffs. A Walmart loss prevention employee, whom Cottonwood police knew, was also key in preventing more harm being done to family members or the original four officers on the scene, Fanning said. The employee fought to protect the officers throughout the brawl. Fanning said he was not only proud of his officers and the Walmart employee for their roles, but of the civilians who came to the aid of Daniels. The family included the father and sons Jeremiah, 29; Nathaniel, 27; David, Enoch; a 15-year-old boy; mother Ruth Gaver, 52; and an 11-year-old girl. All were living out of the Chevrolet Suburban and were members of a traveling band called Matthew 24 Now, a reference to a Bible verse dealing with the end of times. The band's Facebook page is rife with Biblical references. Seven other Cottonwood police officers suffered cuts and bruises.

10. Re: Jemele Hill at it again

I think what you’re saying is true about some using patriotism as a mask for other things, but the issue I have is that the ideals behind kneeling lie with the BLM movement, which makes claims that are grossly inaccurate and, in some instances, just factually incorrect.

That's my personal issue with supporting the protest.
    That there's no way to separate that from supporting BLM, and I'm opposed to all radical special interests and their false narratives, both from the far left and far right.
    I imagine I'm not alone in that.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    One of the problems with the whole argument is that "unarmed does not mean they weren't still a real threat". If you attack a police officer successfully, even with just your bare hands, you can arm yourself quite easily, by taking their: pepper spray, nightstick, tazer...or gun.

There are older videos taken from dashcams & security cameras showing LEO's being overpowered and either suffering grave injuries from severe beatings or being disarmed and then shot with their own firearms. Thanks to these videos, police gained a greater awareness of the importance of not allowing a suspect to get the upper hand on them, especially regarding firearms retention. So now they are trained to use deadly force against anyone that presents themselves as a threat to take their weapons from them. Which is why they're shooting unarmed men--of all races--at a higher rate than they did in the 80s and previous decades, because they didn't have dashcams and security cameras back then, so they weren't fully cognizant of the threat that even unarmed men can pose.

Here's an example of what the police sometimes have to deal with:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIKBIOtEjA

From the description under that video:
    This a rarity and not the norm

This a rarity and not the norm
    It's easy to say when your life is not on the line. The officers have no way of knowing who is going to be like these people and who are not. Especially with those who simply refuse to follow instructions.