Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Does the POTUS actually have to present policy proposals?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    But I thought he was great at making deals? He works with everyone, right?
    Well... you can't make a deal with someone who won't sit at the table.

Blog Entries

I just wish the POTUS would shut his fucking yap on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I just wish the POTUS would shut his fucking yap on Twitter.
    50% agrees with you.

25% likes the tweeting.

15% likes the MSM freakout

10% likes beer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well... you can't make a deal with someone who won't sit at the table.
    The Republicans control the House, Senate, and the White House. They don't need a single Democrat vote to repeal and replace ObamaCare or to do tax reform. If Trump can't even "make a deal" within his own Party, then he has no hope of getting much of anything done.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

The Republicans control the House, Senate, and the White House. They don't need a single Democrat vote to repeal and replace ObamaCare or to do tax reform. If Trump can't even "make a deal" within his own Party, then he has no hope of getting much of anything done.
    That is 100% inaccurate. And irrelevant, the RINO's don't want to play along either...

They don't need a single Democrat vote to repeal and replace ObamaCare or to do tax reform.
    That's not true at all.

Jeeze louise. Educate yourself on this $hit.

If Trump can't even "make a deal" within his own Party, then he has no hope of getting much of anything done.
    They aren't playing ball either. Bob Corker just admitted that RINOs are purposefully trying to sabotage his agenda.

Why don't you know this?

Blog Entries

Does the POTUS actually have to present policy proposals?

That is 100% inaccurate. And irrelevant, the RINO's don't want to play along either...
    What are you talking about? Both GOP health care bills and tax reform were/are going to go through the budget reconciliation process. That means that all the Republicans need is to pass a bill in the House (where they have a 23 seat majority) and get 50 votes in the Senate (Republicans currently hold 52 Senate seats) plus the Vice President and both repeal and replace of ObamaCare and tax reform would become law. They do not need a single Democrat vote to pass either piece of legislation.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    That's not true at all.

Jeeze louise. Educate yourself on this $hit.

They aren't playing ball either. Bob Corker just admitted that RINOs are purposefully trying to sabotage his agenda.

Why don't you know this?
    Last time I checked, Bob Corker is a Republican, and has been a Republican for way longer than Trump. Why don't you know this?

Maybe Trump should learn that insulting people isn't the best way to get them to cooperate with you? But then again, that is something that most people would have learned in kindergarten.

Blog Entries

The swamp is very deep on both sides.

Blog Entries

What are you talking about? Both GOP health care bills and tax reform were/are going to go through the budget reconciliation process. That means that all the Republicans need is to pass a bill in the House (where they have a 23 seat majority) and get 50 votes in the Senate (Republicans currently hold 52 Senate seats) plus the Vice President and both repeal and replace of ObamaCare and tax reform would become law. They do not need a single Democrat vote to pass either piece of legislation.

I forgot they can change the rules in the Senate to not need a majority but can do a simple majority. But either way, they voted 61 times to repeal Obamacare when BHO was in office and now they won't. That has nothing to do with Trump.

Blog Entries

I forgot they can change the rules in the Senate to not need a majority but can do a simple majority. But either way, they voted 61 times to repeal Obamacare when BHO was in office and now they won't. That has nothing to do with Trump.
    That is the point of this thread. Doesn't a President have a responsibility to lead his Party, and actually propose well thought out legislation that he would like to see get passed? That is what we have called "leadership skills" before the past nine months.

Blog Entries

That is the point of this thread. Doesn't a President have a responsibility to lead his Party, and actually propose well thought out legislation that he would like to see get passed? That is what we have called "leadership skills" before the past nine months.

The point I'm making is the party, congress, republicans whoever have no interest in getting things done. Especially with an outsider like Trump.

A perfect example is Roy Moore being nominated for Sessions seat in Alabama. A few senators said if this is the type of people coming in they're going to retire. Why not work with the way the people are voting.

I know you don't like Trump and there are plenty of reasons not to, this one thooug is nitpicking when you consider politics today.