Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 183
  1. #37

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.



    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Its a huge step from going to mostly DE to OLB in the pros. Hes going an extra step to ILB. It takes time. I think he needs help getting off blocks, which he needed at DE and OLB regardless (its always been a weakness). otherwise I dont really see a glaring flaw other than experience and recognition that comes with it.
    Problem is, unless Peanut gets hurt (obviously possible) or has a dramatic drop off in play (also possible) I don't see another opportunity for Correa to gain the starting job back. The platooning option seemed to be out of necessity more than anything else. The only role I see for Correa now is a chess piece that plays in special packages designed to take advantage of his "see ball, get ball" mentality as a pass rusher or matches him up against a TE to take advantage of his quick twitch athleticism.





  2. #38

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    When do you then? if not right away, arent you just delaying the ultimate goal?

    I dont have issue with playing him at OLB and ILB, if thats what they envisioned. IF they saw him as an ILB and had him outside to ease that transition, that was more of the mistake imo.

    Kamalei has ability. Hes raw in a lot of ways and coaches always get enamored with a ball of putty. The same beef he had coming out, he still has, whcih is getting off blocks and not getting caught up in traffic. He needs to get stronger, he needs to work that technique, otherwise hes still that malleable ball of putty, imo.

    For all we know Jack may only have a year or two left with his knee and KC could develop into the player they expected. Its rather early, 20 games, to claim either way. Id like to start seeing more progress than I am, no doubt, but until year 3 is over, you could go from bust to Jimmy Smith.
    The obvious thing to me is get him as comfortable as a rookie as you can at the primary position you drafted him at.

    It's one thing to ask a vet to learn a new position, they have surviving in the NFL down pat, and can just concentrate on a new position.

    Rookies, it's a whole different story. They are experiencing life in the NFL for the first time, and just surviving in itself can be overwhelming for players without having them have to learn foreign positions.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  3. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    31,797
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Riw, you and I are so on the same...



    There were several better choices, but we had to trade down (twice!) to get Correa/Moore/Judon than to take a highly rated player. I just hope Judon excels because I have little hope for the other two... Bc
    Two words Bc

    Noah Spence


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  4. #40

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Problem is, unless Peanut gets hurt (obviously possible) or has a dramatic drop off in play (also possible) I don't see another opportunity for Correa to gain the starting job back. The platooning option seemed to be out of necessity more than anything else. The only role I see for Correa now is a chess piece that plays in special packages designed to take advantage of his "see ball, get ball" mentality as a pass rusher or matches him up against a TE to take advantage of his quick twitch athleticism.
    Does he even play special teams?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.





  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    16,363
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Two words Bc

    Noah Spence
    smoove, why don't you just stab me in the heart? LOL... Bc





  6. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    31,797
    Blog Entries
    4

    Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    If they had just left the kid as an OLB rush specialist like they are doing with Tim Williams right now Correa would be right in line progressing maybe not a world beater but he would be contributing decently I think. I believe if you play a position you comfortable with you learn the game better that probability is just higher than making someone learn a new position at the NFL level as a rookie. Itís not like this is a new concept Ravens used to do this all time. Guys came in as rookies or young players make some splash plays at their positions and eventually they get their chance to start their.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 10-09-2017 at 11:08 AM.





  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Posts
    560

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    When do you then? if not right away, arent you just delaying the ultimate goal?

    I dont have issue with playing him at OLB and ILB, if thats what they envisioned. IF they saw him as an ILB and had him outside to ease that transition, that was more of the mistake imo.

    Kamalei has ability. Hes raw in a lot of ways and coaches always get enamored with a ball of putty. The same beef he had coming out, he still has, whcih is getting off blocks and not getting caught up in traffic. He needs to get stronger, he needs to work that technique, otherwise hes still that malleable ball of putty, imo.

    For all we know Jack may only have a year or two left with his knee and KC could develop into the player they expected. Its rather early, 20 games, to claim either way. Id like to start seeing more progress than I am, no doubt, but until year 3 is over, you could go from bust to Jimmy Smith, just like that.
    Yes, if the Ravens drafted him, at least we sold have gotten to see what the inside of a knee looks like when Jack's knee would have literally exploded on the field in a preseason game.

    All those who wish we would have drafted him, must really despise that guy to wish such hellish injury in him.

    Seriously, he would have been awesome with Mosley.





  8. #44

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Well is it glass half full or empty? Correa may well be a bust, but Onwuasor is an undrafted free agent find.

    He plays fast and seems to have a nose for the ball. If he can hold up over the grind of the season, he will be a difference maker.

    With Correa, it seems the writing is on the wall...
    Glass half empty. We traded down instead of drafting Myles Jack. Michael Thomas was drafted 5 selections after him.

    We find undrafted or low round linebackers every offesason. Edgerton Hartwell (4th round), Adalius Thomas (6th round), Bart Scott (UDFA), Zach Orr (UDFA), Dannell Ellerbe....par the course. Yet we still invest in 2nd round ILBs.

    #OverratedOzzie





  9. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    31,797
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    smoove, why don't you just stab me in the heart? LOL... Bc
    Lol I know thatís your bullet Bc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Posts
    560

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Problem is, unless Peanut gets hurt (obviously possible) or has a dramatic drop off in play (also possible) I don't see another opportunity for Correa to gain the starting job back. The platooning option seemed to be out of necessity more than anything else. The only role I see for Correa now is a chess piece that plays in special packages designed to take advantage of his "see ball, get ball" mentality as a pass rusher or matches him up against a TE to take advantage of his quick twitch athleticism.
    What do you mean "unless he gets hurt"? I do not understand this concept, he plays for the Ravens, he is a good player, I think you meant "when he gets hurt"





  11. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    25,448
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Very happy to see the best guy playing even if they weren't the high draft pick





  12. #48

    Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Does he even play special teams?
    I think I've seen him on all the units but he hasn't made much of an impact there either.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland