Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 25
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    15,833
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?



    Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Wasent he going to make something like 8 million this year too?
    http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...e-12172534.php

    from Houston Chronicle article :
    "Brown is due non-guaranteed base salaries of $9.4 million and $9.75 million for the next two seasons. That ranks him 11th in 2017 and 12th in 2018 among left tackles in terms of cash compensation."

    Gee, how can anyone survive on over $19 million over two years?

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...n-his-holdout/

    "Brown has two years left on the six-year, $53.4 million extension he signed in 2012. Skipping offseason workouts triggered a $250,000 base salary de-escalator to reduce Brown's 2017 income from $9.65 million to $9.4 million. Each week of the regular season that Brown misses is costing him a little more than $550,000 in salary. Brown is scheduled to make an unguaranteed $9.75 million in 2018."

    So he has already made over $34 million on the original contract that he signed with his eyes wide open. My heart is breaking for his dilemma... NOT! ... Bc





  2. #14

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...e-12172534.php

    from Houston Chronicle article :
    "Brown is due non-guaranteed base salaries of $9.4 million and $9.75 million for the next two seasons. That ranks him 11th in 2017 and 12th in 2018 among left tackles in terms of cash compensation."

    Gee, how can anyone survive on over $19 million over two years?

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...n-his-holdout/

    "Brown has two years left on the six-year, $53.4 million extension he signed in 2012. Skipping offseason workouts triggered a $250,000 base salary de-escalator to reduce Brown's 2017 income from $9.65 million to $9.4 million. Each week of the regular season that Brown misses is costing him a little more than $550,000 in salary. Brown is scheduled to make an unguaranteed $9.75 million in 2018."

    So he has already made over $34 million on the original contract that he signed with his eyes wide open. My heart is breaking for his dilemma... NOT! ... Bc
    so if youre top 10 employee at your firm and the other 9 guys are making 30% more than you even though youre making 200k a year, you should not fight for the 30% raise (60k)?





  3. Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    He's 32, so this is his final contract.
    His last chance to make that kind of money.





  4. #16

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...e-12172534.php

    from Houston Chronicle article :
    "Brown is due non-guaranteed base salaries of $9.4 million and $9.75 million for the next two seasons. That ranks him 11th in 2017 and 12th in 2018 among left tackles in terms of cash compensation."

    Gee, how can anyone survive on over $19 million over two years?

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...n-his-holdout/

    "Brown has two years left on the six-year, $53.4 million extension he signed in 2012. Skipping offseason workouts triggered a $250,000 base salary de-escalator to reduce Brown's 2017 income from $9.65 million to $9.4 million. Each week of the regular season that Brown misses is costing him a little more than $550,000 in salary. Brown is scheduled to make an unguaranteed $9.75 million in 2018."

    So he has already made over $34 million on the original contract that he signed with his eyes wide open. My heart is breaking for his dilemma... NOT! ... Bc
    You're not supposed to feel sorry for them or any player quite frankly.

    But then again, you're not really supposed to feel sorry for the Billion Dollar enterprise that is in a labor dispute with an employee over what is a rounding error for a enterprise like the Houston Texans.

    This is a typical labor dispute between employee and employer. Nothing more.





  5. #17

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    How much OG has Howard played? He seems to have the OT physique and with time should cover RT adequately. I don't like moving Stanley from LT even for a Brown (who we can't afford). The problems on paper (as well as on the field) would still be Hurst and Jensen as NFL starters, even if we could afford Brown.
    Jensen is surprisingly not a problem

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    193

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    I don't see what's wrong with Stanley. He's young, and that's a hard position being a left tackle. He'll continue to get better. Get another marquee guard if they had money like that for a lineman. They haven't come close to replacing Osemele.





  7. #19

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    Jfc, read op and one response, but this shit is Labrador brain at its finest. Assume everyone else echoed that





  8. #20

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...e-12172534.php

    from Houston Chronicle article :
    "Brown is due non-guaranteed base salaries of $9.4 million and $9.75 million for the next two seasons. That ranks him 11th in 2017 and 12th in 2018 among left tackles in terms of cash compensation."

    Gee, how can anyone survive on over $19 million over two years?

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...n-his-holdout/

    "Brown has two years left on the six-year, $53.4 million extension he signed in 2012. Skipping offseason workouts triggered a $250,000 base salary de-escalator to reduce Brown's 2017 income from $9.65 million to $9.4 million. Each week of the regular season that Brown misses is costing him a little more than $550,000 in salary. Brown is scheduled to make an unguaranteed $9.75 million in 2018."

    So he has already made over $34 million on the original contract that he signed with his eyes wide open. My heart is breaking for his dilemma... NOT! ... Bc
    Cheers to the heritage billionaire owners and jeers to the new found millionaire employees who rose out of nothing for the most part. Everyone adores this guy here. Think about that. Gtfo





  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    11,289
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    We need guards not tacklea





  10. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    15,833
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    so if youre top 10 employee at your firm and the other 9 guys are making 30% more than you even though youre making 200k a year, you should not fight for the 30% raise (60k)?
    Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    This is a typical labor dispute between employee and employer. Nothing more.
    Gentlemen, I have two responses (1) He has a signed contract and the Texans have paid him every cent up to date. (2) On a football note, 32 years old could be nearing the end of the line. Holding out or outright missing an entire year to make your point won't make up for your lost wages. I'd add that those wages, over $9 million per year, is hardly chump change and he knew what it would be when he originally signed a 6 year contract 4 years ago... Bc





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    25,025
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    so if youre top 10 employee at your firm and the other 9 guys are making 30% more than you even though youre making 200k a year, you should not fight for the 30% raise (60k)?
    You can ask. You can even demand. Just be prepared for the consequences if they say no. At his age and being now known as a problem Brown might end up having to take less from his next team than he would have gotten from the Texans. This team isn't doing that bad without him.





  12. #24

    Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with Stanley. He's young, and that's a hard position being a left tackle. He'll continue to get better. Get another marquee guard if they had money like that for a lineman. They haven't come close to replacing Osemele.
    Not saying anything is “wrong” with Stanley. There are no ProBowl guards even remotely available. So I proposed the idea of adding a LT that has been a Pro Bowler and moving our young ,2nd year tackle to RT and Howard to G to add some experience and talent to the whole line.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland