Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Philosophical Symmetry.

Amidst a state of disagreement, there is one thing that Smoove recently mentioned that stood out to me. Something that I do agree with him on and have always agreed with him on. I will provide the quote for those who did not get a chance to read it:

"So I'm listening to the radio and they brought up something interesting they are brainstorming what the Ravens offense can do to jump start, they said Joe in the shotgun is the only way because this Oline is so bad and it seem like he got into a little bit of a rhythm in the 3rd qrtr against the steelers when they went shotgun but at the same time if they are having Joe throw that much that's not a recipe for success either (smh).

What really got me thinking though is when they said for what the ravens want to do with the power run game and MM scheme really makes no sense because it two vastly differently schemes which calls for vastly different players and different reads for the linemen it sounds like one bit ball of fucking confusion on offense....here we go again Harbaugh smh."

This, ladies and gentlemen is why we questioned the decision to bring Greg Roman in. Marty's variation of the west coast offense, is centered around large and athletic linemen who can get out in space, using zone blocking schemes. Through that, they position themselves for an array of screens. Then, when the defense is stretched wide, Marty likes to take his shots deep. John Harbaugh took away the very foundation of Marty's scheme, to bring in Roman. The issue wasn't that Marty doesn't know how to run the ball. The issue is that Marty doesn't like to. Find a better line coach than what Castillo is (He is not what he used to be apparently), and tell Marty to run it a little more. Instead, you bring in the guy who believes in it more, once again sacrificing symmetry, for what seems like the fifth time since he's been here. The inside trap blocking scheme has different principles at the point of attack, altogether, than the zone blocking scheme. Especially, when the zone stretches wide.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Philosophical Symmetry.

We have another case in Baltimore where there is more chefs in the pot (same shit different year), the only thing that can jump start this offense is outing Flacco in the gun, but the run scheme don't mesh with

the shotgun so now Ravens really between a rock and a hard place on offense. I never understood why they kept MM and hired Roman because they are from two very different schools of

thought and the run game has to match the same offensive scheme so you do multiple things and not tip your hand. Ravens can't do that, they have an offensive scheme that is separate

from it's run scheme, like who does this?? This is why Harbs has to go this is complete ineptitude of Head Coach that he has no clue how design a full proof scheme around his QB.

Blog Entries

And the rush offense isn't imposing enough to lean on. It's hit or miss at best. Especially, now that Yanda is out.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And the rush offense isn't imposing enough to lean on. It's hit or miss at best. Especially, now that Yanda is out.
    it's a mess yet again. It's like they don't even know what to do when the answer has always been in front of their face. I have never seen where a run scheme never matched the offensive scheme like Harbaugh really sat down and made this decision..smfh

Blog Entries

The last time that I can honestly say that the entire offensive coaching staff was all on the same page was 2009. Even then, wasn't Al Saunders some sort of extra consultant back then, with his eight billion plays?

They could bring in Bill Walsh circa late 1980's and it wouldn't matter. If you can't get the fundamentals of protecting the ball, missing wide open receivers, not throwing the ball to the defense, and not dropping passes that hit you in the hands, all behind a third string o-line.....not much else is going to matter. They're sloppy more than anything else.

Blog Entries

a scheme usually has an identity....what's this scheme identity?.. I ask this question all the time; If Harbaugh get's shit canned today and some other team hires him what playbook, scheme and offensive philosophy is John Harbaugh going to install with his new team? Is it defense? is it offense? what exactly would he bring?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

2018 headline : "what's wrong with Ravens offense"
    Editor to writer, "Harry just cut and paste any of the articles above. It's gonna be the same $H!+ anyway. No sense wasting time actually watching the Ravens offense."

... Bc

Mornhenweg has no idea how to begin to fix this offense. Even with less chefs, it would remain a pile of shit.

Perhaps there's some logic to Ozzie's thinking, after all: what's the point of drafting offense if the coordinators can't agree on what to do with the players drafted?

BS

Ozzie made some mistakes in the long off-season and with a hundred or more visible moves, hindsight makes it easy to nitpick. I can excuse him for thinking that OG was covered for 2017 with Lewis-Yanda-Siragusa. His philosophy seems to have been - "our best chance for a shot at the top in 2017 appears to be a shut-down defense along with a patched up offense and Flacco > Dilfer". It didn't work, in the face of massive injuries, but I can recognize a plan. The plan also surely took into account the absence of a 1st round option at WR and a poor Oline draft class.

Harbaugh loves a rigorous off-season program with lots of hitting. We may have been losing players at a faster rate in the summer than we have since the season started. Are we leading the league in IR for the last three years - I would guess so. Take away your players and that will magnify any scheme weaknesses.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)