Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: Anyone else feeling almost total apathy and disinterest in the Ravens/NFL?

The Ravens committed to the run this year to take pressure off Flacco. And that was a great idea until:

1. Wagner was lost in FA
    2. Urschel retired
    3. Lewis went out for the year
    4. Dixon was lost for 4 games and then all 16
    5. And the dagger - Yanda went out for the year.

Now all of a sudden, those run game plans have been driven into the ditch.

And now oh by the way, Flacco has 2 seconds to throw the ball.

There is no wonder why the offense now sucks? If this team gets to 8-8 it will be an accomplishment. But it will be boring football in any case.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The Ravens committed to the run this year to take pressure off Flacco. And that was a great idea until:

1. Wagner was lost in FA
    2. Urschel retired
    3. Lewis went out for the year
    4. Dixon was lost for 4 games and then all 16
    5. And the dagger - Yanda went out for the year.

Now all of a sudden, those run game plans have been driven into the ditch.

And now oh by the way, Flacco has 2 seconds to throw the ball.

There is no wonder why the offense now sucks? If this team gets to 8-8 it will be an accomplishment. But it will be boring football in any case.
    No more excuses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    This is probably the hardest team to watch since the Ravens moved here and that's really saying something. It's not even the whole "ugly football" thing because I actually enjoy a good hard nosed defense combined with a physical grind-it-out offense like we had from 2008-2012. But that's not what we have now.....honestly I don't even know what we're supposed to be. We have no real identity on either side of the ball. Ask any random fan of the NFL "What is the Ravens most well known strength?" and it's probably our fucking kicker.
    That's the crux of the problem. Ozzie and Harbs want to win games 20-13, but as long as Pees is here no one is going to be scared of the defense.

Also you need to have an offense in today's NFL, rules are tilted towards the offense.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    There's a chance we may be down that weekend. I'll let you know if we do. Do they get a decent number of Ravens fans at Mother's? Thought that was a Redskins joint? Went to Pit-N-Pub to watch the London game and it was TOTALLY PACKED with Ravens fans. Couldn't get a damn seat but I think I want to catch a game there this season - looks like a blast.

TTYL TOW

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    Yeah, Mother's is a bit more Redskins, but plenty of Raven's & O's fans also when there's a game on. Plus it's our official hangout since I gave up on Pit & Pub. I'll give P&P another try if we're both in town on gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    How is Bengal Boy holding up?
    Since the GB game, Bengalboy, in desperation, is hoping the Bengals will lose every game so that Marvin & Co. will be fired. He's not alone. Personally, I think the Bengals are not done and still have a good chance at the WC. We'll see today if they can beat a team not called the Browns.

Plenty of Bills fans in town; we were at Newport on the Levee last night and they were everywhere, posing in front of the Bengals 50th anniversary signs that are everywhere.

Mystery stat of today's Bill's/Bengals game: 0-6 Stands for?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Since the GB game, Bengalboy, in desperation, is hoping the Bengals will lose every game so that Marvin & Co. will be fired. He's not alone. Personally, I think the Bengals are not done and still have a good chance at the WC. We'll see today if they can beat a team not called the Browns.

Plenty of Bills fans in town; we were at Newport on the Levee last night and they were everywhere, posing in front of the Bengals 50th anniversary signs that are everywhere.

Mystery stat of today's Bill's/Bengals game: 0-6 Stands for?
    Marvin's playoff record?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Marvin's playoff record?
    Combined SB record of the 2 teams inhabiting Paul Brown stadium today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Combined SB record of the 2 teams inhabiting Paul Brown stadium today
    Poor Jim Kelly. That was a frustrating run. They almost had the first one but for Norwood.

Both Bengals SB losses were close games too. 50 years of pulling our hair out.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Just curious if I'm the only one, or if this is becoming more common? I've had season tickets since the first year of the team's existence back in 1996. I would say for the first 15 years or so I almost never missed a game. Then I started going slightly less over then few years. And in the last couple seasons even less. But this season I am going through an almost complete indifference to football in general and the Ravens in particular. I have tickets to five of the games this year, but honestly I don't particularly care if I go anymore or not. I'm considering giving my Bears ticket away next week if the weather is nice just to go to the beach instead - not for any particular reason, just because I'd rather hang out in OC than spend the day at the stadium. And I mean give away, not sell, that's how little I care. I've been through losing seasons before so that can't be the only cause. Yes the anthem business has something to do with it, but it's more than that. I can't put my finger on it but I'm simply beginning to not care much at all about the NFL. Kind of depressed thinking about it. Anyone sort of feeling the same way around here? Sorry to be a downer, but it's been on my mind lately. I was out of town last weekend and made nearly no effort to watch the game. Strange feeling - hope it changes...
    Not just you, I haven't watched since 9/11/16, just come into this forum once in a while to see what you guys are saying. I been getting into NASCAR and baseball more. At least they respect America and the American flag.

Well . .. After today. . . ? I'm curious. Maybe interested.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.