Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I was at the game yesterday, my two cents

I was at the game yesterday, thought I could add my two cents. I think above all else, the reason for our struggles falls into 3 categories:

1. Squad construction/player acquisition/asset delegation
    2. Offensive Line
    3. Coaching

1. Squad construction/player acquisition/asset delegation

I think this is pretty self explanatory. We traded a very good starting DE, to move up 25 spots, to draft a player who plays his same position, who won’t play this season. I’m not arguing the move in a vacuum, Wormley may very well prove to be an exceptional player. However, we did not need another DE in this draft. We needed offensive lineman and offensive play makers.

In another thread I suggested that instead of signing Brandon Williams we could have signed Chris Baker for a third of the price, kept Jerrnigan, and drafted a later round defensive lineman.

Patrick Onwuasor is out there making PLAYS while our second year, second round pick Correa is no where to be found. I mean they’ve been able to successfully develop low round linebackers and defensive lineman for the better part of 20 years...yet they still invest high draft capital in them. I understood taking CJ Mosley in the 1st round....but if you have a 1st round ILB you better not fucking draft another one in the 2nd round...especially since you just failed in drafting an ILB in the second round.

It took until this past years draft for Ozzie to address the glaring need for a pass rusher. It took way too long for them to address the secondary dilemma. It’s taking way too long for them to address the offensive lineman issue. And so on and so forth.

Ozzie tried to win a SB with an amazing defense in 2000...it worked. Then in 2006 when we had arguably the second best defense in history, with Ray, Ed, Suggs in their primes and a young Ngata...it didn’t work. If it doesn’t work with those 4....it’s never going to fucking work. It’s a different league. I’ve been saying this for years, but I think Ozzie Newsome needs to be relieved of his duties. The construct of this team is the definition of insanity. Look we can argue about whether or not Flacco is good or bad...but wherever you sit on the spectrum I think one thing is glaring....replace Flacco....you still have zero talent on offense. We have no TEs, we have one maybe sorta kinda RB in Alex Collins, we have a #2 WR in Maclin, and the worst offensive line in the NFL.

2. Offensive Line

I’ve seen this offensive line play bad before. What I saw yesterday...that was crazy. I mean every single play the pocket is collapsing inside. I’m watching other games and QBs are consistently getting 4-6 seconds in the pocket. Flacco has 3 seconds TOPS. TOPSSSS.

3. Coaching

We need to fire every coach not named Harbaugh. I’m kinda neutral on Harbaugh because I think having a “Harbaugh” type coach is a positive. What I mean is that he’s more of a game manager and doesn’t interfere with his OC and DC. If he’s unwilling to fire Marty and Pees and bring in new guys then I will be on the fire Harbs train. Its just not fucking acceptable anymore. I don’t know what the fuck Pees is doing with all that talent.

What killed me the most after the game yesterday is that I didn’t care. Generally, a loss to the Steelers will sting for weeks, regardless if we win the next couple games or not. You know it would be upsetting if the team were constructed the correct way and we were losing. That’s why the first few years of Flacco’s career were sad because the team more or less was constructed correctly, but we couldn’t get it done until 2012. Whether it was drops, penalties, etc we just couldn’t get it done those first four years. This years team I just feel bad for them. The defense is littered with elite talent being clearly handcuffed by their DC. The offense is a collection of guys who should be backs up at best, more likely working a career outside of the NFL.

Another upsetting thing is Flacco’s demeanor. I won’t comment on his play, but I will comment on this notion that “Flacco doesn’t care and just wants to collect paychecks”. I was sitting behind the Ravens bench...Flacco is just defeated. He knows the results of the plays before they happen. He understands that the only way we can score TDs consistently is if he threads low percentage passes between two defenders a la his TD pass to Mike Wallace. He is getting absolutely FUCKED up out there too. My buddy and I were half joking at the end of the game that it felt like Flacco was getting lit up on almost every offensive play.

Re: I was at the game yesterday, my two cents

If you're going to fire every coach not named Harbaugh, and the GM, you might as well go the distance.

Personally I'm still giving the team till the end of the season. But the reset button is looming.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Another upsetting thing is Flacco’s demeanor. I won’t comment on his play, but I will comment on this notion that “Flacco doesn’t care and just wants to collect paychecks”. I was sitting behind the Ravens bench...Flacco is just defeated. He knows the results of the plays before they happen. He understands that the only way we can score TDs consistently is if he threads low percentage passes between two defenders a la his TD pass to Mike Wallace. He is getting absolutely FUCKED up out there too. My buddy and I were half joking at the end of the game that it felt like Flacco was getting lit up on almost every offensive play.
    Sorry to piggy-back... but I can believe this moreso than "he doesn't care". If so, then it may be best for both sides to part ways. Flacco could rejuvenate with another franchise - with a better offense.

Blog Entries

The Oline was bad but Flacco
    Missed all kinds of play...all kindsssss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    The Oline was bad but Flacco
    Missed all kinds of play...all kindsssss

I'm going to have to agree with other on here that Flacco has been David Carr-ed. He is a complete mess. I guarantee his back isn't 100%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with other on here that Flacco has been David Carr-ed. He is a complete mess. I guarantee his back isn't 100%.
    A hot ass mess and there ain’t shit they can do with him at this point. They’ve done nothing to help him and Joe don’t give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Sorry to piggy-back... but I can believe this moreso than "he doesn't care". If so, then it may be best for both sides to part ways. Flacco could rejuvenate with another franchise - with a better offense.
    I think either rejuvenate with another franchise or completely change the entire coaching staff. I do a lot of things well , but I would say by best trait is my ability to read people. Reading Flacco I just look at a guy who's like, "Are we doing this shit again. Am I trying to beat the Steelers with old man Watson, no offensive line, no running game, and one good WR in Maclin.

It was honestly disheartening to see it. Hence why the "I sucked" comments followed after the game.

Blog Entries

I think either rejuvenate with another franchise or completely change the entire coaching staff. I do a lot of things well , but I would say by best trait is my ability to read people. Reading Flacco I just look at a guy who's like, "Are we doing this shit again. Am I trying to beat the Steelers with old man Watson, no offensive line, no running game, and one good WR in Maclin.

It was honestly disheartening to see it. Hence why the "I sucked" comments followed after the game.
    I could see that. I do hope they part ways he goes to Cleveland (who I hate to tell everyone is a better football team then us.) and we get to go ride the 10 year qb finding train along with 15-20 other teams should be exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I could see that. I do hope they part ways he goes to Cleveland (who I hate to tell everyone is a better football team then us.) and we get to go ride the 10 year qb finding train along with 15-20 other teams should be exciting

I hope our next QB is Aaron Rodgers 2.0, but a part of me wants us to be fucked some people can start to realize how fucking good Joe was.

Wait the Browns? Lost 31-7 at home to Cincinnati? And the Ravens beat both teams?

Blog Entries

I was at the game yesterday, my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Wait the Browns? Lost 31-7 at home to Cincinnati? And the Ravens beat both teams?
    They are very young and don't know how to win yet there's more talent on the team just wait to see the next few years. Ben gone Dalton sucks/will be gone us moving on from Joe. They are going to start winning the division

The thing is that you would never hear that kind of negative talk coming from Aaron Rodgers who is missing his two starting tackles and the O-Line is a mess. Still,he manages to elevate his game and the team to win. If Joe is so down and out then he needs to be on the bench.