Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: What does Flacco do well? How does he validate his Compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Name a more decorated line in recent memory than that offensive line in 2012. The same line that for the most part allowed leron McClain to damn near get 1000 yards!
    Chicago's right now.

Dallas last year

Pittsburghs the past 2-3 years

Oaklands this year

Titans this year...

just to name a few.

the 2012 team top to bottom was one of the worst teams to win a superbowl I can remember.

Blog Entries

Re: What does Flacco do well? How does he validate his Compensation?

Name a more decorated line in recent memory than that offensive line in 2012. The same line that for the most part allowed leron McClain to damn near get 1000 yards!
    Pittsburghs Oaks Dallas Ten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Oher is a Jag Birk was old KO just a rookie Bryan McKinney no explanation needed Yanda is Yanda

I'm hoping this is a joke...

Even in the playoffs, your tackles were Michael Oher and Bryant McKinnie, who was too out of shape to play most of the regular season.

If Joe Flacco only gets credited for "one great 4 game stretch" that season, then the offensive line definitely deserves the same fate. There was absolutely nothing special about that line in the regular season.

Blog Entries

I got killed in Fantasy again yesterday based on your advice I started Tygod Ross and Perriman I got a combined 14 points from all three. Although to be fair Perriman doubled his seasonal out point and now has 2 catches for 11 yards on 13 targets

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    What? He got an extension immediately after the Super Bowl. We weren't going to pull a Dilfer 2.0.

If you're talking about anything recent that had more to do with alleviating cap space than rewarding Flacco for his play.
    I am talking about the 2016 payday. I'm not going to complain about the 2013 money because Joe did what he did. You could certainly argue the structure of the earlier deal wasn't the best with it being so low early and ramping up to the point where the FO did the 2016 deal with Joe coming off an ACL and MCL injury. Digging themselves deeper, now the earliest they could part ways if 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Novakov View Post
    I am talking about the 2016 payday. I'm not going to complain about the 2013 money because Joe did what he did. You could certainly argue the structure of the earlier deal wasn't the best with it being so low early and ramping up to the point where the FO did the 2016 deal with Joe coming off an ACL and MCL injury. Digging themselves deeper, now the earliest they could part ways if 2019.
    One could argue his most recent extension will actually let them get out from under him sooner, rather than later.

Think about it this way... his first deal ran from 2013-2018. Realistically, he was never going to go into 2017 with like a $31M cap number. The longest he was ever playing on that deal was 4 years.

And realistically, there was virtually never a scenario where we would cut him after 2016 under his old deal. Even playing exactly how he did through 2016, he was always going to sign an extension for similar money either in 2016 (when he did), or in 2017 after year 4. There's really no version of circumstances that would have prevented that, short of like a Ray Rice-level incident.

So he either gets an extension in 2016, or he gets one in 2017. If its in 2017, now you're talking about him being here through 2020 realistically.

I think all of these complaints about his most recent extension are largely rooted in the unrealistic idea that we were actually going to cut him after 2016 on his old day, based on his performance. Was never realistic.