Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Who honestly thought this was a playoff team?

Seems to be about the team everyone thought it would be. The defense is playing about what I thought it would. Good but not game changing. Flacco is playing worse then I thought he would but I always said this offense would be near the bottom. The backs are as bad as I thought they would be. Same with the line especially after losing Yanda. Watson has been a surprise. Our coveted FA acquisition at RB lasted about as long as I thought he would. And we are sitting record wise right where I thought we would be. I'm not sure why everyone is so mad this is a very flawed team. The defense doesn't play up to its talent due to Pees. The offense doesn't have talent and the play calling is stale and predictable

2. Re: Who honestly thought this was a playoff team?

I did. This team was less than a foot from making playoffs last year. They bolstered the defense especially the secondary. The defense let some games get away last year in the 4th QTR. Plus adding Macklin to the offense.

This team is definitely a playoff team if it didnt have what 20 players on IR and Urschel retiring. Prior to the injuries why would you think they wouldnt be a playoff team?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Re: Who honestly thought this was a playoff team?

I thought between 7-9 and 9-7.

Blog Entries

I did, at the very least playoffs

Blog Entries

Watson's production has not been a surprise for me. I knew the man could catch. I just doubted his ability to remain healthy for the majority of the season, but would be glad to be wrong about that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

A lot of Ravens fans buy into the "Stack the D" "Offense doesnt need to be good" . Our team has taken that to the extreme the past several years.

I dont think trying to get an ELite Defense is better than a balance in Todays game, Most teams are going to put up 20+ now...not 10-17....

but I apparently just want the Baltimore Saints (who have a better defense than we do now LOL)

Blog Entries

Said right from beginning that if Joe plays like Flacco pre ACL, and I thought he would, that we would be a playoff team. That has not materialized so far and its beginning to look like preparations need to be made for post Flacco/Harbaugh era.

Blog Entries

The miscalculation among hopefuls was mainly that they felt this offense, pre-injuries could even be an average offense. The schematic issues were mapped out. The talent issues were mapped out. I don't think that anyone honestly believed that this defense would be better. I think those were being dishonest with themselves, because they badly wanted to relive the days of dominant Ravens defense.

Aside from that, injuries happen to every team. They've hit us worse than most this year, but we had to know some injuries were coming. Hence, why having no depth on offense was doomed from the start.

How many posters declared that the offense was hinging on the development of Breshad Perriman?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The miscalculation among hopefuls was mainly that they felt this offense, pre-injuries could even be an average offense. The schematic issues were mapped out. The talent issues were mapped out. I don't think that anyone honestly believed that this defense would be better. I think those were being dishonest with themselves, because they badly wanted to relive the days of dominant Ravens defense.

Aside from that, injuries happen to every team. They've hit us worse than most this year, but we had to know some injuries were coming. Hence, why having no depth on offense was doomed from the start.

How many posters declared that the offense was hinging on the development of Breshad Perriman?
    I think it could have been an average offense with Yanda, but with Yanda out and only 4th and 5th string Guards left available, there isn't as much hope.

Blog Entries

lol

11. Re: Who honestly thought this was a playoff team?

Until they fix the injury problem, forget the playoffs.
    Nobody's winning anything with 17 players on IR, including several key cogs, when it's only week 4.

Blog Entries

I picked 7-9 and definitely wasn't alone in that prediction.