Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27
  1. #1

    Are the Ravens distracted from football



    I mean it says it all. Two losses since they decided to be SJW instead of football players and the games haven't been close. The raiders lost again. Tenn got blown out and gave up 57 points.

    Are we seeing the tale of two NFL's one where the teams are focused on winning football games and executing that mission on the field and others where winning football games is secondary to the cause. Or is it all coincidence?





  2. #2

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    No





  3. #3

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    All the teams are pretty much doing the exact same thing in terms of protests, tweeting, etc.

    A lot of these teams manage to play well on Sunday. We don't.





  4. #4

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    lol





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blair (aka Bel Air)
    Posts
    2,058

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    I think the Ravens are injured and lacking in talent and adequate coaching.





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    44,058
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I think the Ravens are injured and lacking in talent and adequate coaching.
    This


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  7. #7

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    All the teams are pretty much doing the exact same thing in terms of protests, tweeting, etc.

    A lot of these teams manage to play well on Sunday. We don't.
    All I'm saying is the Steelers had the snafu in the tunnel and a bad loss to the Bears then Ben took hold of the team and said we are going to focus on football moving forward and it showed this sunday.

    The Jags just lost to the Jets they aren't that good. They are certainly not any better then the Browns and Bengals so whats changed because the team hasn't looked anywhere close to the one that we saw the first two weeks of the season.





  8. #8

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    All I'm saying is the Steelers had the snafu in the tunnel and a bad loss to the Bears then Ben took hold of the team and said we are going to focus on football moving forward and it showed this sunday.

    The Jags just lost to the Jets they aren't that good. They are certainly not any better then the Browns and Bengals so whats changed because the team hasn't looked anywhere close to the one that we saw the first two weeks of the season.
    1. This team wasn't any good on offense at any point this season. They played OK against Cleveland at home... pretty much the worst measurement tool ever. Against any moderately capable defense, the offense is garbage.

    2. I still think last weeks defensive production was just a big write off. Nobody showed up to play. I thought they clearly played better today, but Brandon Williams has a much bigger impact on our run defense than we think. I actually thought the defense fared pretty well today, given the explosiveness of the offense we were playing.

    Would have liked to have seen how the defense did with more rest, given how the offense was never on the field long enough to give them a breather.

    This league is very much a week-to-week league. A lot of teams that played well last week sucked this week, and vice versa. Happens all the time. In terms of the Steelers, they've been a below average road team for several years. They rarely play well away from home, and usually lose at least 1-2 road games every year to inferior teams.

    I didn't even think Pittsburgh was that good today. Bell played well and they ran the ball well, but Ben didn't do much and offensively there were clearly out of sync in the passing game. They just seemed good comparatively to the other offense they were playing against.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    7,664

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I think the Ravens are injured and lacking in talent and adequate coaching.
    This.





  10. #10

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    Yes. This player protest is a major distraction. See Webb's twitter. He is pissed at the fans for booing. I expect that Webb speaks for many team mates. These guys know that their fans are not being supportive and the lackluster play is reflecting it. Two blowouts - combined 1st half scores and stats are atrocious.

    Harbaugh demonstrates that he is a weak "leader" - time to cut our losses with him. Tomlin handled the situation much better, and the Steelers won two games.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).





  11. #11

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    1. This team wasn't any good on offense at any point this season. They played OK against Cleveland at home... pretty much the worst measurement tool ever. Against any moderately capable defense, the offense is garbage.

    2. I still think last weeks defensive production was just a big write off. Nobody showed up to play. I thought they clearly played better today, but Brandon Williams has a much bigger impact on our run defense than we think. I actually thought the defense fared pretty well today, given the explosiveness of the offense we were playing.

    Would have liked to have seen how the defense did with more rest, given how the offense was never on the field long enough to give them a breather.

    This league is very much a week-to-week league. A lot of teams that played well last week sucked this week, and vice versa. Happens all the time. In terms of the Steelers, they've been a below average road team for several years. They rarely play well away from home, and usually lose at least 1-2 road games every year to inferior teams.

    I didn't even think Pittsburgh was that good today. Bell played well and they ran the ball well, but Ben didn't do much and offensively there were clearly out of sync in the passing game. They just seemed good comparatively to the other offense they were playing against.
    I agree totally.





  12. #12

    Re: Are the Ravens distracted from football

    Why teams and individual players don't do anything other than than go out and stand for the anthem (or kneel) is beyond me. Staying in the tunnel, joining hands, making pregame statements, tweeting, etc. just invites all kinds of trouble and speculation - warranted or not.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland