Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Brandon Williams

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Sure fire things you cant count on in a Ravens Game:

1) Pees will play prevent with a lead in the second half

2) brandon Williams will be on the sideline during the most critical drives in the game
    That’s why I’m not buying this Brandon Williams excuse now and I knew it was coming they have spent way too much capita on this defense for one guy to make it vulnerable. BULLSHIT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    That’s why I’m not buying this Brandon Williams excuse now and I knew it was coming they have spent way too much capita on this defense for one guy to make it vulnerable. BULLSHIT

fun fact....

Big ben threw 1 pass > 10 yards in the air on the 10 minute soul crushing drive they started the game with....

lol 1 pass and they straight gutted our team to start

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    fun fact....

Big ben threw 1 pass > 10 yards in the air on the 10 minute soul crushing drive they started the game with....

lol 1 pass and they straight gutted our team to start
    Smfh

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Lol I was gonna say Bell thumped them last year with Williams and brown makes that catch with BWill on the side lines lol. So what’s different?

Well last year they only dressed 5 DL all year, it was pretty obvious that in the last 4 games the D-line and rush D was worn out.

Prior to that they had the best rushing D in the league through 12 games by far.

You can't blame Williams being out for Pitt being able to run the ball. They gashed the Ravens off tackle. You can blame whoever was supposed to be setting an edge, say Z Smith, who clearly should only ever be in on passing downs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You can't blame Williams being out for Pitt being able to run the ball. They gashed the Ravens off tackle. You can blame whoever was supposed to be setting an edge, say Z Smith, who clearly should only ever be in on passing downs.
    For once we agree the D ends and LB lost the edge. They had it all game and instead of changing the scheme to bring more guys or more support on the edge pees stood in that tampa 2 and man nickel defense so they just cleared out the Corner on a motion or have the WR runn a deep zone route to create more space on the edge. Smh

Getting slaughtered by the run had nothing to do with Brandon Williams being out. The problem is scheme. They are playing 100% read and react (Pees' scheme) and Pitt knew that. So how do you deal with a read and react defense? Pulling linemen and overloading blockers at the POA... I can't count how many times Pitt was getting multiple blockers free onto the second level meanwhile we had defenders sitting there unblocked who could have attacked the ball but instead just stood around waiting.

The sad reality is that the Ravens have such a weak coaching staff that they're badly outmatched in the film room and on the whiteboard just about every Sunday. It's hard to overcome the lack of coaching skill we have.

While he's definitely good enough for there to be a noticiable difference, it shouldn't be this fucking dramatic considering all the other resources we have put in place on that side of the ball.

It's the DC's job to scheme around a guy being out. I could see if we had 4 or 5 starters out. Pees is a fucking joke and Harbs had a great run for about 6-7 years, but it's clear this isn't working out for him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Myles Jack just got a pick six. Remember when we drafted Correia over him?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I knew it was a mistake at the time passing up on him and said so. The Ravens secons rounders have been hit and miss for years anyway and if you have a chance at a top 5 talent at a position of need and pass on them for basically shit tHan you deserve to lose.

There was a time when great players would fall to the Ravens and they would jump on them. Now OZ will just deal back a few slots for an exta pick so they can bring in another mediocre player.

No guts no glory.

I also think they overpaid for Brandon Williams. He a run stuffer who provides basically no pass rush whatsoever. Good player but not a disruptor.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

10. Re: Brandon Williams

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Getting slaughtered by the run had nothing to do with Brandon Williams being out. The problem is scheme. They are playing 100% read and react (Pees' scheme) and Pitt knew that. So how do you deal with a read and react defense? Pulling linemen and overloading blockers at the POA... I can't count how many times Pitt was getting multiple blockers free onto the second level meanwhile we had defenders sitting there unblocked who could have attacked the ball but instead just stood around waiting.

The sad reality is that the Ravens have such a weak coaching staff that they're badly outmatched in the film room and on the whiteboard just about every Sunday. It's hard to overcome the lack of coaching skill we have.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I knew it was a mistake at the time passing up on him and said so. The Ravens secons rounders have been hit and miss for years anyway and if you have a chance at a top 5 talent at a position of need and pass on them for basically shit tHan you deserve to lose.

There was a time when great players would fall to the Ravens and they would jump on them. Now OZ will just deal back a few slots for an exta pick so they can bring in another mediocre player.

No guts no glory.

I also think they overpaid for Brandon Williams. He a run stuffer who provides basically no pass rush whatsoever. Good player but not a disruptor.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    I'd take Myles Jack over Correa + Joudon every single time.

This link explains what i have been saying qbout williams and how important he is

https://ebonybird.com/2017/10/05/why...avens-success/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk