Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ravens 32nd in total offense

I knew the offense was poor, but didn’t they it’d be worst in the league after 3 weeks. And Flacco could be perceived as possessing a nonchalant attitude about it. I know the talent is bottom barrel on that side of the ball, but is there any way to scheme around it, particularly in the passing game? The WRs have been bad and basically nonexistent. I see they’re a top ten running team my only concern is they seem to waste carries on Terrence West who has poor vision and no enough explosiveness/elusiveness to hit the holes that Alex Collins is hitting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ravens 32nd in total offense

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I knew the offense was poor, but didn’t they it’d be worst in the league after 3 weeks. And Flacco could be perceived as possessing a nonchalant attitude about it. I know the talent is bottom barrel on that side of the ball, but is there any way to scheme around it, particularly in the passing game? The WRs have been bad and basically nonexistent. I see they’re a top ten running team my only concern is they seem to waste carries on Terrence West who has poor vision and no enough explosiveness/elusiveness to hit the holes that Alex Collins is hitting!

Well....

speaking of scheme.... lets look at our QB and WR.

Joe- big arm, formerly loved to throw the deep ball ...Can he now? we dont know..he hasnt the past year...I doubt his arm turned from the strongest in the league to worse than Peyton Noodle Arm...but Im sure people will post some PFF chart showing that he cant throw deep.

The most likely reason joe isnt throwing deep- Scheme + Injury+lack of confidence in WR and himself

We have a big arm QB being forced into a short passing WCO hybrid.

WR- They arent good at route running (save Maclin whos about league average). But Perrimen and Wallace simply are the same player at different points in their career. Overall top end Speed, Stiff, lack route running discipline, lack consistent catching ability, and not quick enough to get open on short routes.

So you have 2/3 WR who would fit a deep passing game (best case scenario), also being forced into a hybrid WCO....being asked to do what they CANNOT do...run sharp routes and catch contested balls.

HBs are JAGs

Offensive line is not very good right now without Yanda. I dont know if we can throw deep if we want to.

TL/DR - Players on team fit are previous AC system better then our current system, Flacco has played like shit, our line is shit.... a lot of us saw this coming, but were hoping Flacco would over come it all...he hasnt

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post

Any ravens fan could tell you this offense is 32nd in the league without even looking up a single STAT.

There are college teams that I think could rival what we are seeing week in and week out right now.

The Townson Tigers might have a better chance of scoring against the steelers than this roster right now.

Blog Entries

With how heavily they invested on the offensive side of the ball im in complete shock

Blog Entries

It's skewed because of the 28 yard performance.

On the positive side, they're 2-1, stats be damned. If they can find a way to steal a game here or there while the offense continues to come together, it's all good. Need to solidify that Oline so they can have some confidence. Starts with the run.
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 09-28-2017 at 08:04 AM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

On the positive side, they're 2-1, stats be damned. If they can find a way to steal a game here or there while the offense continues to come together, it's all good. Need to solidify that Oline so they can have some confidence. Starts with the run.
    Can the oline be fixed with what's at guard now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

LOL how is it skewed? Its only skewed and our record is 2-1 based on the SHUT OUT the defense put up game 1 and a 10 yard low scoring game in week 2.

Did you see this offense vs cleaveland? We looked aweful, We almost got beat at home by a Rookie QB wearing a Browns uniform. Had the Browns left in the back up QB who scored on us, we very well may have lost that game as well.

This offense is horrible. How great this defense started out this year. How lousy will it be if we yield the 32nd ranked offense and the #1 ranked defense when the season is over.

Maybe then we might see some front office and coaching changes that are much needed.

"Defense Wins Championships"
    "Trust The Process"
    "In Ozzie We Trust"

Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    LOL how is it skewed? Its only skewed and our record is 2-1 based on the SHUT OUT the defense put up game 1 and a 10 yard low scoring game in week 2.

Did you see this offense vs cleaveland? We looked aweful, We almost got beat at home by a Rookie QB wearing a Browns uniform. Had the Browns left in the back up QB who scored on us, we very well may have lost that game as well.

This offense is horrible. How great this defense started out this year. How lousy will it be if we yield the 32nd ranked offense and the #1 ranked defense when the season is over.

Maybe then we might see some front office and coaching changes that are much needed.
    I had hoped for that but I think smoove is right and it is probably a 2 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I had hoped for that but I think smoove is right and it is probably a 2 year plan.
    I am all for re building, even cutting bait with Flacco and starting over but if this was a 2 year plan how do you chalk up the front offices moves?

The real root of the problem lies in the front office actually believes they are doing the right thing.

How do you go out sign, Carr, Jefferson, bring back Williams, Webb. Burn our entire draft on defensive talent that right now for majority of the snaps are not even seeing the field.
    What impact has Wormley, Williams, Bowser and even Humphrey had? Humphrey has made a play or two but what team burns their entire draft on 1 side of the ball for players who are not even getting snaps?

Those 4 players should be starters or every down players for a team that was a bad as we were last season.

So how is it a 2 year plan burning al those resources? I cant swallow that we might possibly have the #1 ranked defense in the league and the 32nd ranked offense. How does a team squander an opportunity to be competitive like that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I am all for re building, even cutting bait with Flacco and starting over but if this was a 2 year plan how do you chalk up the front offices moves?

The real root of the problem lies in the front office actually believes they are doing the right thing.

How do you go out sign, Carr, Jefferson, bring back Williams, Webb. Burn our entire draft on defensive talent that right now for majority of the snaps are not even seeing the field.
    What impact has Wormley, Williams, Bowser and even Humphrey had? Humphrey has made a play or two but what team burns their entire draft on 1 side of the ball for players who are not even getting snaps?

Those 4 players should be starters or every down players for a team that was a bad as we were last season.

So how is it a 2 year plan burning al those resources? I cant swallow that we might possibly have the #1 ranked defense in the league and the 32nd ranked offense. How does a team squander an opportunity to be competitive like that?
    I 100% agree. I think this year was to fix the defense next year is all in on offense. I'm pretty sure it's know how horrible I thought the off-season was and this is about exactly what I expected and what I thought would happen. There's next to nothing talent wise on offense. They need a RT two Gs 2 or 3 WRs a te or two and 2 new Rbs.

Blog Entries

it is what it is, last week skewed it but the offense wasn't going to be anything special. Their mantra is try to win however they can, so their will be some ugly performances. I don't know what direction they can go in with all the injuries and a crap Oline and declining QB and WRs who drops the balls it's going to be some ugly games.