Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Boller's Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    Were you rooting for Tom Brady to get some TDs because it would help your fantasy team?
    I have Brady in one of my leagues and I didn't want him to have any TD's last night.......

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I hope you're right......that game last night took a lot out of this team and I hope they can get up next week against the Colts.....
    Actually I think this may give them a huge chip on their shoulder to take out on the Colts.

Seriously. I think the Offense gets a HUGE shot of confidence in themselves that Kyle Boller basically dueled the best QB in the league to a draw, the receivers were making catches and getting open, and the offensive line can actually make holes and protect the QB. So perhaps this is the piece this offense needed to synch up.

And the defense is going to come out PISSED! I don't want to be Dallas Clark coming across the middle Sunday night.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

An amazing game by Boller. He rose up to another level.He hung in the pocket and threw the ball at the very last moment.He threw with decisiveness,accuracy and on passes on a frozen rope.

For all that good he did though,that INT brought the whole performance down.I would have forgiven him if it wasn't such a poor throw into triple coverage and the WR at the back of that coverage.That was a very poor,poor read.And as a result all the wind went out of the Raven sails upon that turnover.

If Boller can cut out that sort of decision making,then I would vote for him to be a starter for years to come.But he just leaves me with doubts to throw the teams future in his hands.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I have to give Boller a solid B for his performance last night. It was about as close to perfect that Boller has been in perhaps his entire career. The question is, will be be able to maintain that game play going forward? I sure hope so. He looked very good last night.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Kyle Boller played a game for the ages last night. Really, everyone on the offense did. It's really hard to comprehend how this is the same team that played 8 days ago in San Diego.
    Simple, Boller has been lights out in his last 3 prime time games, they are the best games of his career. We should play Boller in prime time and get somebody else for 1:00 pm Sunday games. That is good news for us this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    Were you rooting for Tom Brady to get some TDs because it would help your fantasy team?
    UH....you caught me.....it was quiet cheers....I was hoping we could get the ball in FG range and go into OT
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Actually I think this may give them a huge chip on their shoulder to take out on the Colts.

Seriously. I think the Offense gets a HUGE shot of confidence in themselves that Kyle Boller basically dueled the best QB in the league to a draw, the receivers were making catches and getting open, and the offensive line can actually make holes and protect the QB. So perhaps this is the piece this offense needed to synch up.

And the defense is going to come out PISSED! I don't want to be Dallas Clark coming across the middle Sunday night.
    This post is spot on!

I believe the Ravens will come out fired up and put a beatdown on the Irsays. Kyle played a GREAT game last night and I'm surprised I haven't gotten a nasty gram from my apt complex, since I was screaming and yelling the whole night.

Boller showed that he can hang, it was a great contest.

And you all that were at the game, you were great! The crowd was LOUD and PROUD the whole way!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    That ref then told Rolle (paraphrased and apparently) "to get back to playing ball, boy."

Now there's someone who should not be officiating. I don't care how skilled he is at throwing flags - apparently not much - anyone willing to use such obnoxious language with a player should *clearly* not be officiating. If a ref said that to my son, who is eight and plays soccer, and for what it's worth, white, and *is* a boy, there would be hell to pay. Saying that to a grown black man is a absolute smack in the face.

Not excusing what Bart did, which was on the short list of game-costing blunders, but there's something that should be taken up with the league.

I give Boller an A-. His qb rating was 100+. With mediocre pass protection he created all night long.

I agree with the posters who suggested we are afraid to give him good marks because that means we endorse him as starter. Me, I'll wait and see what's in the stable next fall, and I think most of the rest of you will do the same.
    Good job, Kyle. :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I guess I was remiss in my last post, in that I forgot to give the Ravens Qb a grade. Boller did a great job and showed he's a trooper, and can play with less than adequate O-line protection.

Like Festivus, I'd give him an A-. Still, a much better QB than we saw in 2005.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I don't think anyone here will confuse me with a Boller fan but I was happy with his play Monday. I give him a solid B plus positives for toughness. He made a mistake but did more than enough to pull this game out. Hopefully this game can be a confidence builder for him and he'll use it as a springboard for bigger and better things.

No doubt defenders get away with shots on Boller that they wouldn't get away with, if it were say Brady or Manning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    No doubt defenders get away with shots on Boller that they wouldn't get away with, if it were say Brady or Manning.
    I thought I saw a helmet-to-helmet hit on one of the replays, but I could be wrong. He did take some vicious hits and came back like the tough summabitch he is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I don't think anyone here will confuse me with a Boller fan but I was happy with his play Monday. I give him a solid B plus positives for toughness. He made a mistake but did more than enough to pull this game out. Hopefully this game can be a confidence builder for him and he'll use it as a springboard for bigger and better things.

Well Double R, it is not too late for you to join the UBHS with me. I am still looking for members.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!