Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rex Ryan

Any shot Rex had at getting a head coaching gig just ended with one ill-timed hand signal.

Speaking of defense, I give Bart a pass. Everyone is entitled to one melt down and this seems to have been his. Bart has always been level headed so I do feel sorry for the guy. His dumb actions didnt costs the Ravens the game -- the offense just couldnt quite get it done in the 4th quarter.

Nice effort but such a heart breaker!

Re: Rex Ryan

Rex Ryan is not getting denied a HC position because he called a timeout. That is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Rex Ryan is not getting denied a HC position because he called a timeout. That is just ridiculous.
    He missed out on the most head coaching openings in about 6 years and was passed over for Norv "Im a Cancer to Any Team" Turner.

I dont think I am that far off.

Everything that could go wrong at the end went wrong at the LAST MOMENT each time... My heart has officially exploded...:grbac:

Billick just said in his post game conference that he called the timeout.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

6. Re: Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Dude, they showed Rex calling the timeout on the side lines ...Billick was taking up for his guy again...Like he always does;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Dude, they showed Rex calling the timeout on the side lines ...Billick was taking up for his guy again...Like he always does;)
    yep, and it is against rules for the refs to accept that as a T.O. !!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    No he didnt. He said "we" called the time out. The replay earlier in the game clearly showed Rex calling the time out. He's taking the heat off Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No he didnt. He said "we" called the time out. The replay earlier in the game clearly showed Rex calling the time out. He's taking the heat off Rex.
    I know. I was just saying what BB said.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Billick did make a good point though in the post game. If they didn't call a TO and they got the 1st down, then what would you have said? They shoulda called a TO?

I just think it's one of those situations, it could go either way... Kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm View Post
    Billick did make a good point though in the post game. If they didn't call a TO and they got the 1st down, then what would you have said? They shoulda called a TO?

I just think it's one of those situations, it could go either way... Kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't

I dont agree. Everyone pretty much knew what was coming, a QB sneak. The D was in the correct set. So why on earth was a TO called?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm View Post

I agree with your last sentence, but a timeout to me is more valuable at that point than giving up a first down. Remember, they needed a TD, not a field goal....