Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

Re: Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Did you just hear this on ESPN. By rule only the head coach or a player on the field can call a TO. So Rex should not have been awarded a TO. Thanks refs.

Great point! Still doesn't change the outcome, though... :grbac:
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Every week for the past 6 games we have made the sort of self-destructive mistakes that we cannot afford if we want to win. Tonight showed promise, but we have to live up to that promise or else it's all for NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Dude, they showed Rex calling the timeout on the side lines ...Billick was taking up for his guy again...Like he always does;)
    yep, and it is against rules for the refs to accept that as a T.O. !!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    We gotta shake up the coaching staff at the end of the season, but I still want Billick as our head coach. I like his moxy, although clock management and our offense MUST improve immediately.
    I'm with you on this one. Earlier I wanted a coaching change; but Clearly BB needs to stay. Yea, he has his moments. But the guy is a real competitor, and he got this team up when they easily could've gone belly up. I loved his 'smash-mouth' approach to last night's game; and, yes, he shows a lot of moxy! I saw him returning one of the Patriots taunts last night during the game, and rather than ignore it, he blew the guy a couple of kisses, in effect saying, get F---ed. I like that in a coach. Similiar to the 2x4 speech during our Super Bowl run.

You guys just don't get it. Calling "TO" was the right move! Jesus....if they didn't and they got the 1st down you all be screaming why didn't he call TO. Yes...we stopped them but it could of been the other way too. We already didn't stop them on a 4th and 1 so it makes sense. It was a huge play and they wanted to make sure they had the right people in, etc.

Give RR and BB a break for once...geez.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Anybody that wants Billick back is nuts. No offense, but he sucks and last night was another prime example of why he needs to go. The love for Billck on this board is just beyond belief.

FM

Billick has his faults. But, if the team Executes like it should (like last night, for the most part); with a positive turnover ratio; and minimal injuries, I dare say that we would Not be having this conversation. There are a number of elements in this equation; and to pin this all on Billick's head is absurd.

It's not pinning it ALL on Billick....but he is partially at fault for this loss last night. He went into his normal "play not to lose" mode AGAIN and it cost them in the 4th qtr....AGAIN.

Billick has no feel for the game and how to use momentum when he has it. And they had it bigtime after the Figurs return to the Pats 30. He calls 2 dive plays on then they are forced to throw...DUH.

FM

Billick got a case of the Marty's. Hopefully he can learn his lesson and never let his foot off the throat of a team.

Then again, this happened before. Team gets up 2 scores and suddenly the offense goes mega vanilla and it's coast time. Don't coast.
    Just win baby...

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It's not pinning it ALL on Billick....but he is partially at fault for this loss last night. He went into his normal "play not to lose" mode AGAIN and it cost them in the 4th qtr....AGAIN.
    I AM CALLING BULLSHIT! BULLFUCKINGSHIT!

Billick gets railed on here for not running the ball to run clock out and you are all over him for not being conservative and NOW YOU ARE CLAIMING THIS IS WHAT HE ALWAYS DOES. This is a full load on pile of BULLSHIT!

Billick should have play-actioned passed on at least one of the 1st and 10s we had in the last 2 series, NE was selling out to stop the run. BUT I CAN GUARAN-FUCKING-TEE THAT YOU WOULD BE ALL OVER HIM FOR IT IF THE PASS WAS INCOMPLETE OR WORSE, A SACK OR PICK OFF.

Please, I apologize for the language but this shit is just over the top. Billick isn't a very good in-game manager but some fans here call him out for the one thing they wished he had done in previous games.

Billick won't change...this has been his mantra for 9 years. Only chance of a change is if Biscotti cans him.

FM

good post Greg...productive. I am saying Billick got TOO conservative when he had the lead in the 4th qtr...he does this ALL the time. Where have you been the last 9 years? And b/c you are Ravens fan I won't respond to the tone in your childish post...get a grip dude.

Everyone knows he plays not to lose and isn't aggressive at key times in the game....it's just reality..sorry you can't see it like the rest of us.

FM