Page 212 of 589 FirstFirst ... 210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 2,533 to 2,544 of 7061

Re: Other Team Football News (Around the League v2)

Reading the tea leaves of Pitt's local guy, the reality of losing Bell doesn't seem to farfetched.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201801230091

Ed Bouchette: They cannot trade him unless he's signed and if you recall, he did not sign his franchise tag until Monday before the regular-season opener. I don't think they'll come to terms on a multiple-year deal either. So, I don't see a trade.
    Ed Bouchette: ILB is priority No. 1. Can use safety, OLB and, if they let Bell walk, a RB

Ed Bouchette
    : I think they could let him walk, but I think it would have more to do with his demands and the price of the franchise tage at $14.57 M than other stuff
    Chuck: Do you agree w Peter King that Bell will not be in PItt in 2018 and land w the highest bidder? He likes Oak as a fit.

Ed Bouchette: I just don't see them keeping him under his long-term demands or the huge franchise tag. They don't have a lot of cap room and that would gobble up that and more.
    Most of it has to do with the Steelers simply not being able to afford Bell

2. Re: Other Team Football News (Around the League v2)

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Reading the tea leaves of Pitt's local guy, the reality of losing Bell doesn't seem to farfetched.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201801230091

Most of it has to do with the Steelers simply not being able to afford Bell
    He gawwwwn. He was down almost 1 full yard per carry this year. His production fell off the table after the first Cincy game.

While still a great back, the Steelers won't come close to matching other teams offers for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    He gawwwwn. He was down almost 1 full yard per carry this year. His production fell off the table after the first Cincy game.

While still a great back, the Steelers won't come close to matching other teams offers for him.
    A lot of wear and tear this season too, 321 carries and 85 catches. Almost like Bell isn't in the Steelers long term plans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post

Bell wants crazy money. I wouldn’t pay him what he’s asking either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    A lot of wear and tear this season too, 321 carries and 85 catches. Almost like Bell isn't in the Steelers long term plans.
    Seemed like they treat him like a rental pitcher this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I've been on Barkley #1 from the beginning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Generational talent, he has to go #1
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I see an implosion coming in Pittsburgh new OC might not be Bell no D Ben starting to play the Farve thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The biggest issue is Haley leaving. How short Pitt fans memories are, Ben wasn't really Ben until Haley came. He was just a big burley tough guy who loved to throw the homerun ball.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The biggest issue is Haley leaving. How short Pitt fans memories are, Ben wasn't really Ben until Haley came. He was just a big burley tough guy who loved to throw the homerun ball.
    So with a new guy he likes he will do what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    So with a new guy he likes he will do what he wants.
    I know Haley is a jerk, but his skill as an OC is undeniable. I think the biggest issue with Pitt next year with be playcalling, similar to ATL this year.

They will still be good, but Haley leaving is a huge mistake IMO
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Generational talent (Barkley), he has to go #1
    Possibly yes, so I agree. Thing is, and I'm no draft expert, I don't see that QB generational talent in this year's draft. So, if I'm the Browns, I grab the best player, then either trade up to get my QB, or let the 4th pick fall where it may. I think, if they're smart, the Browns are in a win - win situation. Keep in mind "if they're smart" which hasn't happened in a very long time.
    With a new GM though, it might... Bc

The Falcons returned all 11 starters on offense last year and had no major injuries, yet still scored 190 points less than in 2016. They played a harder schedule but not that much harder. The big difference was in offensive coaching and playcalling. I completely agree that Pittsburgh will take a big step back without Haley. He was a great play-caller and teacher of the game, so much of their success offensively came from him teaching Ben how to actually be a QB and putting their elite players in positions to produce.

I've watched football all my life and I've really come to believe in recent years that coaching is the most important part of team success. Everyone is talented in the NFL, some might be a bit better than others but the reason why some teams win and some teams lose is mostly because the winning coaches are better at their job than the losing coaches. There will still be games that are lost due to players failing to execute good game plans but less often.

That can mean a lot of things, some coaches are great strategists and tacticians, others are great motivators and managers. But you need a great coach to really build a dynasty in the NFL.