Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shazier

Ryan Shazier

I feel bad for Ryan Shazier but how over the freaking top were the Steelers and the broadcast last night. They acted like the guy passed away. Every team has injuries. It's football.

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Shazier

Having spinal stabilization surgery so he can have a normal life and walk again is just football? This wasn't a torn ACL. It was a potentially life changing injury. A ton of Ravens voiced their support before the game. This wasn't a Steeler thing. It's the nightmare that everyone who has ever played this game has had. After seeing guys like Chase Utley, Dennis Byrd and Darryl Stingley since I have been watching this game I will say that the well wishes and emotion were absolutely justified.

I have no issue with wishing him good thoughts but it went well beyond anything I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I feel bad for Ryan Shazier but how over the freaking top were the Steelers and the broadcast last night. They acted like the guy passed away. Every team has injuries. It's football.
    I'll disagree. Even in football, very few injuries are life-altering, as this one probably is.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I have no issue with wishing him good thoughts but it went well beyond anything I've ever seen.
    Agreed. They constantly talked about the impact of Shazier what about Smith? Brown was raping our CB's left and right not once did they say Smith makes that play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'll disagree. Even in football, very few injuries are life-altering, as this one probably is.
    moose, I'm 100% with you on this. Hopefully, Shazier will come back to full health, but even so he probably won't play pro football again. IMO the OP was out-of-line... Bc

Blog Entries

This was a special case where I could understand it completely.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

8. Re: Ryan Shazier

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Having spinal stabilization surgery so he can have a normal life and walk again is just football? This wasn't a torn ACL. It was a potentially life changing injury. A ton of Ravens voiced their support before the game. This wasn't a Steeler thing. It's the nightmare that everyone who has ever played this game has had. After seeing guys like Chase Utley, Dennis Byrd and Darryl Stingley since I have been watching this game I will say that the well wishes and emotion were absolutely justified.
    You meant Mike Utley and you are absolutely right about everything else.
    .............................................Harbs and Pees...................................................
    ...............................................Are Siamese.....................................................

Guy who has terrible looking injury and had spinal surgery and may never play football again (hopefully having a normal life isnt out of the question) is too much for you....Yet im sure you were celebrating Ray Lewis in the middle of the field crying and praying after a win. That was football, this is this man's rest of his life. You don't bleed purple and he doesn't bleed yellow.....Have some compassion, This was kind of a dick post man
    Last edited by usmccharles; 12-13-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Aside from that, in my opinion, it seemed clear that the Producers told Chris Collinsworth to harp on Ryan Shazier. It was the story to follow. Sometimes we get too caught up in what these guys say and easily forget that they are often told to talk about the things they talk about.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Guy who has terrible looking injury and had spinal surgery and may never play football again (hopefully having a normal life isnt out of the question) is too much for you....Yet im sure you were celebrating Ray Lewis in the middle of the field crying and praying after a win. That was football, this is this man's rest of his life. You don't bleed purple and he doesn't bleed yellow.....Have some compassion, This was kind of a dick post man
    I understand the compassion because the guy is still not out of the woods and may never fully walk again. He's got a kid who he may never be able to simply run around with. Also because of his hair condition he's inspired people(kids, adults, black, white, hispanic etc.) who have been in despair and bullied. I met a lady last week during my business travels who said they saw Ryan in a grocery store in Pitt and he literally took 5 minutes to just talk to her and her wheelchair bound son. The dude is as solid as it gets. He appears to be a better person then he is a player and that's saying something.

While I disagree with Bleed, let up on him a little. He wasn't trying to be a dick.

Excel is correct in his assessment as he is with a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I understand the compassion because the guy is still not out of the woods and may never fully walk again. He's got a kid who he may never be able to simply run around with. Also because of his hair condition he's inspired people(kids, adults, black, white, hispanic etc.) who have been in despair and bullied. I met a lady last week during my business travels who said they saw Ryan in a grocery store in Pitt and he literally took 5 minutes to just talk to her and her wheelchair bound son. The dude is as solid as it gets. He appears to be a better person then he is a player and that's saying something.

While I disagree with Bleed, let up on him a little. He wasn't trying to be a dick.

Excel is correct in his assessment as he is with a lot of things.
    I also agree with what the sword said, but the OP is complaining about how the steelers were acting. I'm not calling the OP a dick, just a dick post imo. Just think if that was one of our guys, but I understand what your saying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk