Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

For those of us who have tickets to this Sunday's game, and want to send a message to the NFL that many fans who spend thousands of dollars on their product, are not going to continue to support the league if players continue to sh.it on the flag and national anthem...how is the best way to demonstrate this?

Not show up to the game and let empty seats speak for themselves? Burn jerseys outside the stadium? Boo the players who knelt anytime their names are mentioned on the loudspeaker? Stage a walkout during the game? Or do we just do nothing and stay silent and be complicit and keep spending our money on this?

The players have every right to express themselves, just like the President has a right to express how he feels, just like we as fans can express how we feel. However, the media isn't saying much about the Patriots and Bears fans who booed the players because that doesn't fit their narrative. How can we do something that the media can't ignore?

Blog Entries

Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

Don't show up. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to watching the NFL, but I can tell you it wont be anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger35 View Post
    For those of us who have tickets to this Sunday's game, and want to send a message to the NFL that many fans who spend thousands of dollars on their product, are not going to continue to support the league if players continue to sh.it on the flag and national anthem...how is the best way to demonstrate this?

Not show up to the game and let empty seats speak for themselves? Burn jerseys outside the stadium? Boo the players who knelt anytime their names are mentioned on the loudspeaker? Stage a walkout during the game? Or do we just do nothing and stay silent and be complicit and keep spending our money on this?

The players have every right to express themselves, just like the President has a right to express how he feels, just like we as fans can express how we feel. However, the media isn't saying much about the Patriots and Bears fans who booed the players because that doesn't fit their narrative. How can we do something that the media can't ignore?
    Organize a mass walk out.

Empty seats show but thousands of people heading for the exits after the anthem before the game starts is much more powerful.

Blog Entries

If you are going to walk out do it after the anthem. If no one wants to get on board with a walk out or no show than maybe get folks the wear old glory and leave the Ravens purple in the closet. Take a bunch of American flags and pass them out, wear red, white, and blue.

The other option is if you are going to show -- show up in a Alejandro Villanueva steelers jersey.

Let the NFL it's owners, and it's players know that your love of country trumps your love of team. Luckily I don't have PSL's so I just won't be buying anymore tickets and canceled my sunday ticket package (while letting the nice lady know fully why)
    Last edited by boller4president; 09-25-2017 at 11:42 AM.

I mean the real answer is that you don't buy the tickets in the first place, since that's about the only relevant thing here.

Given that would be hindsight for some people, I suppose "walking out" would accomplish something, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think that will really mean anything.

The NFL really doesn't care that much about empty seats in stadiums, especially when they're already paid for. Its just a drop in the bucket for them.

I will be there cheering loudly... and for the record, standing during the anthem. I support the players' rights. I also support fans' rights to go or not go, sell their tickets, etc. You do you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I don't see what a walkout does. Bravens has a point. The league already has your money if you're a PSL holder and the league reserves the right to take action if it's shown that you don't attend consistently. Just making a note.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't see what a walkout does. Bravens has a point. The league already has your money if you're a PSL holder and the league reserves the right to take action if it's shown that you don't attend consistently. Just making a note.
    I'm sure they'd miss the money from beer, food and merchandise sales. Would it HURT them? I don't know, but they'd sure rather have it than not.

Wear a brown paper bag on your head with how you feel written on it.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Let the NFL it's owners, and it's players know that your love of country trumps your love of team.
    If I were an NFL player, and if I decided to kneel or lock arms, it would be because I love my country, but I think it's not as great as it could be, not to sh*t on anything or anyone. It's interesting how a lot of military and ex-military seem to understand that, but someone who got deferments for "heel spurs" doesn't.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm sure they'd miss the money from beer, food and merchandise sales. Would it HURT them? I don't know, but they'd sure rather have it than not.
    Maybe, but that will also be offset by the guy who leaves the stadium and then drives home and watches the game on TV, or goes to a local restaurant and does the same.

See its not enough to just walk out...