Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 100

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday



    For those of us who have tickets to this Sunday's game, and want to send a message to the NFL that many fans who spend thousands of dollars on their product, are not going to continue to support the league if players continue to sh.it on the flag and national anthem...how is the best way to demonstrate this?

    Not show up to the game and let empty seats speak for themselves? Burn jerseys outside the stadium? Boo the players who knelt anytime their names are mentioned on the loudspeaker? Stage a walkout during the game? Or do we just do nothing and stay silent and be complicit and keep spending our money on this?

    The players have every right to express themselves, just like the President has a right to express how he feels, just like we as fans can express how we feel. However, the media isn't saying much about the Patriots and Bears fans who booed the players because that doesn't fit their narrative. How can we do something that the media can't ignore?





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    9,077

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    Don't show up. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to watching the NFL, but I can tell you it wont be anytime soon.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin





  3. #3

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinger35 View Post
    For those of us who have tickets to this Sunday's game, and want to send a message to the NFL that many fans who spend thousands of dollars on their product, are not going to continue to support the league if players continue to sh.it on the flag and national anthem...how is the best way to demonstrate this?

    Not show up to the game and let empty seats speak for themselves? Burn jerseys outside the stadium? Boo the players who knelt anytime their names are mentioned on the loudspeaker? Stage a walkout during the game? Or do we just do nothing and stay silent and be complicit and keep spending our money on this?

    The players have every right to express themselves, just like the President has a right to express how he feels, just like we as fans can express how we feel. However, the media isn't saying much about the Patriots and Bears fans who booed the players because that doesn't fit their narrative. How can we do something that the media can't ignore?
    Organize a mass walk out.

    Empty seats show but thousands of people heading for the exits after the anthem before the game starts is much more powerful.





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not at the Bank
    Posts
    2,324
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    If you are going to walk out do it after the anthem. If no one wants to get on board with a walk out or no show than maybe get folks the wear old glory and leave the Ravens purple in the closet. Take a bunch of American flags and pass them out, wear red, white, and blue.





  5. #5

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    The other option is if you are going to show -- show up in a Alejandro Villanueva steelers jersey.

    Let the NFL it's owners, and it's players know that your love of country trumps your love of team. Luckily I don't have PSL's so I just won't be buying anymore tickets and canceled my sunday ticket package (while letting the nice lady know fully why)
    Last edited by boller4president; 09-25-2017 at 11:42 AM.





  6. #6

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Let the NFL it's owners, and it's players know that your love of country trumps your love of team.
    If I were an NFL player, and if I decided to kneel or lock arms, it would be because I love my country, but I think it's not as great as it could be, not to sh*t on anything or anyone. It's interesting how a lot of military and ex-military seem to understand that, but someone who got deferments for "heel spurs" doesn't.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell





  7. #7

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    If I were an NFL player, and if I decided to kneel or lock arms, it would be because I love my country, but I think it's not as great as it could be, not to sh*t on anything or anyone. It's interesting how a lot of military and ex-military seem to understand that, but someone who got deferments for "heel spurs" doesn't.
    Except Keapernick was clear in his comments he doesn't love America and does not respect the flag. He feels both are oppressive. He also held up Fidel as some sort of standard so when you say America is not as great as it can be I would agree but I don't want his idea of freedom either.





  8. #8

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Except Keapernick was clear in his comments he doesn't love America and does not respect the flag. He feels both are oppressive. He also held up Fidel as some sort of standard so when you say America is not as great as it can be I would agree but I don't want his idea of freedom either.
    He's also not an nfl player anymore. The players who have been doing it this year are much more eloquent.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk





  9. #9

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    He's also not an nfl player anymore. The players who have been doing it this year are much more eloquent.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    There is no eloquence when you kneel during our anthem or burn our flag.

    The other thing I'll say about Keapernick is eventhough I disagree with him on pretty much every issue there was a conversation you could have about it because he was kneeling for something.

    These players who kneeled yesterday didn't kneel for any other reason then Trump. They had the opportunity to be the bigger person and instead they hurt millions because Trump hurt their feelings. Trump doesn't own the anthem by the way he may have opinions on it but we don't stand for the anthem because Trump is our f'n president and we shouldn't kneel because he is either.

    I stood when Obama was president we all did (except Keapernick) because we realized the anthem had nothing to do with Obama and like sports we separate the politics from our love of country and respect for the sacrifices of those who allow us to live free.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    below the Mason Dixon Line
    Posts
    403

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    He's also not an nfl player anymore. The players who have been doing it this year are much more eloquent.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I do not know what his girlfriend contributed to his cause, but apparently it hurt his chances of landing on a team.

    I am glad no team signed him. Kap, slavery was corrected over 150 years ago. I also agree with the White House in that if you do not like law enforcement, then your protest should be against the police/law enforcement because the flag as a symbol does not mean "a police state", marshall law, or LE. Good day, cry baby.





  11. #11

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    I mean the real answer is that you don't buy the tickets in the first place, since that's about the only relevant thing here.

    Given that would be hindsight for some people, I suppose "walking out" would accomplish something, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think that will really mean anything.

    The NFL really doesn't care that much about empty seats in stadiums, especially when they're already paid for. Its just a drop in the bucket for them.





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

    I will be there cheering loudly... and for the record, standing during the anthem. I support the players' rights. I also support fans' rights to go or not go, sell their tickets, etc. You do you.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland