Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Debate Over Whether this was the Worst Game in the 22 Year History

What I wonder is if that was the best game of Bortles career. Our defense was so terrible that it would shock me if that wasn't the highlight of his crappy career.

I read Harbaugh's take on how a loss is a loss no matter the score but I'm not buying it. This was a complete embarrassment. Coaches get fired after games like this. The Bengals OC lost his job for a lot less

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

There's a debate?

absolutely the worst considering we're supposed to be a playoff team and Jax hasn't won in years.
    maybe the Jags have turned the corner and win ten this year but I doubt it.

they all went in saying 'business trip' but obviously it wasn't.
    please use this to fire Pees
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What I wonder is if that was the best game of Bortles career. Our defense was so terrible that it would shock me if that wasn't the highlight of his crappy career.
    His game against the Titans last year was also pretty good.

And the Colts 2 years ago where they put up even more points.

Quote Originally Posted by jcn35 View Post
    I've noticed on here and on Reddit some debating over on whether today was the worst game in the 22 year history. Some say it was while others say it wasn't.

For me, it's definitely top 5, but I'm not sure on whether it's the all time worst or not.

What are your thoughts?
    Wasn't a playoff loss, so as frustrating as it was, I can't call it the worst.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    absolutely the worst considering we're supposed to be a playoff team and Jax hasn't won in years.
    maybe the Jags have turned the corner and win ten this year but I doubt it.

they all went in saying 'business trip' but obviously it wasn't.
    please use this to fire Pees
    Then, why are they 2-1 and tied for 1st in the AFC South at this moment?

The Denver game here in December 2012 sticks out to me... I think we were down 34-10 in the 4th quarter.

It was an an awful game from the start but somehow we won the Super Bowl 6 weeks later.

I've been a Ravens fan for 14 years or longer, and this was the worst outing I can remember to date, and the failure was on all sides of the ball. It is one thing if the team puts up a fight and doesn't go down without a fight, but what I saw yesterday was a team playing with no passion, no heart, and no desire to win. I've seen games similar to this in the past from the Ravens, and I think all teams lay a stinker here and there. But yesterday, I was shocked at what I saw and the level of ineptness across the board.
    The only positives I can take from the game are:

*Mallets' pass to Ben Watson. Thank God the offense was able to muster something, because Flacco
    sure wasn't capable. He looked worse than Boller out there.
    *Alex Collins looks like he could step over Terrence West. The guy runs with purpose and does not go down easily. I'd personally like to see more of him.
    *Jimmy Smith was great all day from what I could see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcn35 View Post
    The Colts in Week 1 were just as bad.

Anyway, there's also the 1997 Steelers, 2012 Texans, and the 2013 Patriots

And the 2007 Dolphins as well.

Those games, the team didn't travel overseas.

Why do you believe that yesterday's game has beaten out the games I've mentioned above?
    IMO losing big to a still-good Matt Schaub or Tom Brady is nowhere near equal to getting destroyed by Blake Bortles. Nor is losing to a good team while you are bad (like 2007 Steelers game) or losing to a bad team while you are also bad (2007 Dolphins) similar to losing 44-7 to a team that you are widely considered to be better than.

That's not even to mention the actual numbers that came out of the game on an individual level. 28 passing yards for a guy who played almost the entire game, in 2017, is literally unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

I read Harbaugh's take on how a loss is a loss no matter the score but I'm not buying it. This was a complete embarrassment. Coaches get fired after games like this. The Bengals OC lost his job for a lot less
    So did Scott tolzien

I still think, even though we scored more in the game, 2005 in Detroit...aka the Meltdown In Mo-town...the game where Suggs was tossed for approaching Mike Carey with “Malice in his heart” was the single most painful game I have watched. BJ Ward got tossed for something Ed did...don’t remember what. We lost 35-17 but has 18 penalties. Billick lost total control of the team that day. I think it was so bad, most of us have suppressed the memory. I still hate Mike Carey just for that game. If was such obvious officiating bias it was disgusting.