Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT - Taking a Step Back

So I took a few hours after the game and some discussion to just kind of digest the loss and think, but some of these discussions about the kneeling have made me completely uninterested in the board.

I realize that this morning made politics matter, but the discussions are plaguing every thread and it's utterly unenjoyable.

That being said, rather than post in every thread about it, I decided to just take a step back for a little while from the board. I fully support everyones decision to post whatever they wnat and I don't wnat ot be the person saying "this isn't football related" in every thread. My opinion is the minority.

I get married on Saturday and then I'm in Barbados for a week so I would have been gone anyway, but I just wanted to excuse myself and wish everyone a good couple of weeks. The only reason I'm posting this as a thread is becuase last time I took a step back, I had 4 PM's of people asking if everything was alright (I know the regulars notice when someone is absent for a few days).

I really dont want this to spark a debate becuase I'm not trying to pick a side or anything. I just can't do it and it's best for me to just excuse myself from talking about it.

Let's hope we bounce back at home against the Squeelers. Always love Steelers week!

Take care everyone,
    Cole aka GWNR
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: OT - Taking a Step Back

Congratulations on the wedding! Marriage is awesome (and I'm even married to a Steelers fan!). Have fun in Barbados and enjoy your time.

yay you're getting married!!! so happy for you dude. enjoy every minute!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    So I took a few hours after the game and some discussion to just kind of digest the loss and think, but some of these discussions about the kneeling have made me completely uninterested in the board.

I realize that this morning made politics matter, but the discussions are plaguing every thread and it's utterly unenjoyable.

That being said, rather than post in every thread about it, I decided to just take a step back for a little while from the board. I fully support everyones decision to post whatever they wnat and I don't wnat ot be the person saying "this isn't football related" in every thread. My opinion is the minority.

I get married on Saturday and then I'm in Barbados for a week so I would have been gone anyway, but I just wanted to excuse myself and wish everyone a good couple of weeks. The only reason I'm posting this as a thread is becuase last time I took a step back, I had 4 PM's of people asking if everything was alright (I know the regulars notice when someone is absent for a few days).

I really dont want this to spark a debate becuase I'm not trying to pick a side or anything. I just can't do it and it's best for me to just excuse myself from talking about it.

Let's hope we bounce back at home against the Squeelers. Always love Steelers week!

Take care everyone,
    Cole aka GWNR
    Enjoy the wedding. Hopefully the weather cooperates

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Congrats, GWNR. Best of luck to you and your bride.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Enjoy it all, Cole!
    Especially, the honeymoon.
    The intimacy is great, but it will also be the most enjoyable, care-free time of your life.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Congrats! I have great memories of that island. Enjoy some Banks beer

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I wish you the best bro. You will be missed!

I hear you man, enjoy your wedding, taking some time off from sports is good from time to time. I do it myself.

Enjoy the wedding, the honeymoon and congrats on starting your life together with your wife.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: OT - Taking a Step Back

This, aside from the Ravens winning Super Bowl XLVII , will be one of the very best times of your life. Enjoy it with your lovely bride. After reading so many of your sharp posts and articles, I can see (via Bc's crystal ball) that you've both got a bright future ahead. Best Wishes... Bc

Congratulations. Enjoy the honeymoon hbk

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Congratulations on the wedding! Marriage is awesome (and I'm even married to a Steelers fan!). Have fun in Barbados and enjoy your time.
    Fun. My father in law is a steelers fan and I gives me tremendous joy my wife now cheers for the Ravens.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk