Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: OT -Sayonara

Re: OT -Sayonara

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Its the president of the united states of America, and were saying we should ignore his words and be bigger men? bigger men, then the example the president is setting? let that sink in for a second. some words carry more weight than others... those are top of the food chain and set an example for all of america and the world that follows. what the hell does kneeling by some football player do compared to that? Its insane we even have to have a conversation like this.
    wow me n jab agree on something@@@

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    That's a fact. I could care less what he tweets or talks about. I just want to see the country improved for all. disrespecting the flag is not the way to improve a country
    It should matter very much what he tweets or talks about, even if it doesn't.

We've got missiles flying over Japan for fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    "Disrespect the flag"?

Smh...every commercial enterprise and the majority of the American citizenry gleefully take turns disrespecting the flag about 3-4 times a year. And most Americans have no idea how to properly display, transport, fold or destroy the flag for that matter.

When I see dumbasses displaying the flag vertically with the field on the right, that's disrespectful to me...no matter how much money he or she makes, or how privileged I think they may be.

Unfortunately, the flag is an inanimate, lifeless object, and can't tell us which disrespectful act weighs more than any other--nor does the US flag code.

So I think that the proper course of action may be to go full-outrage and boycott damn near everyone selling anything related to Memorial, Flag, Independence and Veterans Day. Is anything more disrespectful to the flag than using it, and all the emotion it stirs, in order to make a damn buck?
    don't get me started on the BROS who chant MURICA on the 4th of July while wearing the flag on their ass (i.e., in shorts)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    It should matter very much what he tweets or talks about, even if it doesn't.

We've got missiles flying over Japan for fuck's sake.
    Part of me feels like the way he speaks and tweets... it's like he's prodding them on purpose... like he wants us to get attacked so he can be the president who took out N. Korea... which, great for him... not so great for those of us who live a lot closer to Korea...

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I'll be bailing on the NFL as well. I've been a long time football fan but the NFL has been on thin ice with me due to the promotion of homosexuality with their love is love campaign. People have the right to do whatever they like in their bedrooms, what they don't have the right to do is promote that lifestyle to our children. I completely reject it because God rejects it. The kneeling of Kapernick last season was almost too much, I refused to watch games which the Ravens weren't involved. The display yesterday was just too much. Freedom isn't free it's bought and paid for by blood and sacrifice. At one time the NFL was as wholesome as God , Mom and apple pie.... It promoted family... The NFL of today has sold out on America, I'll never support any team, or watch any of it's programs again. May God Bless and the Holy Spirit guide you!!!
    May the Lord bless and keep you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    At one time the NFL was as wholesome as God , Mom and apple pie....
    No, it wasn't. It just marketed itself that way. And it did it so well that it fooled tens of millions of people, and grew into something worth tens of billions of dollars. Meanwhile, it got its employees hooked on painkillers, lied to them about injuries, discarded them like used Kleenex, and tried to sabotage scientific investigation into why they were killing themselves.

And you finally walk away because some guys took a knee. How Christian. Want some ice cream with that apple pie?