Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Can someone pelase explain the connection between kneeling during the anthem and being directly offensive ot the military?

It seems to be the big argument, but it doesn't really make sense. These protests started based off something completely unrelated to the military.

serious quesiton, i genuinely don't understand the connection.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I actually know someone who is actively in the military who is pissed off over these protests yet acknowledges that it's the definition of freedom.

I completely agree and I have the freedom to consider it shameful and disrespectful.
    My brother and good friend both served and one is still currently in the army and has done multiple tours. Both have said theyre done with the Ravens and football especially after being in a foreign country and not respecting our flag and National Anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    If you are speaking of rioters, I imagine it's a sense of hopelessness.
    MLK once said that riots are the voice of the unheard.

I don't agree with them, but they don't own any of that stuff and none of those business care about anything in those neighborhoods other than taking their money.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Can someone pelase explain the connection between kneeling during the anthem and being directly offensive ot the military?

It seems to be the big argument, but it doesn't really make sense. These protests started based off something completely unrelated to the military.

The tradition of playing the national anthem before sporting events was started as a way to show respect to the free country we inhabit. The flag, the song, all of it represents the lost lives of the patriots who died so that we could live in a free country.

This directly ties into the military because they are the people who made the ultimate sacrifice.

There are sooooooooooooooo many ways people can protest the "oppressiveness of the United States." By disrespecting the many who gave their life for your freedoms is about as insulting as it gets, IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    MLK once said that riots are the voice of the unheard.

I don't agree with them, but they don't own any of that stuff and none of those business care about anything in those neighborhoods other than taking their money.
    Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read here. Where is ANY business not trying to take a customers' money?

The tradition of playing the national anthem before sporting events was started as a way to show respect to the free country we inhabit. The flag, the song, all of it represents the lost lives of the patriots who died so that we could live in a free country.

This directly ties into the military because they are the people who made the ultimate sacrifice.
    Right. But wouldn't it make more sense if they were say protesting some sort of war or military action?

Like they've made it pretty clear what htey're protesting and it isn't the military, but yet we tie it to the military.

I'm not even trying to argue, I just don't really get it. I don't see the connection between the two. I feel like what they're protesting is much more important than the symnolism of the anthem.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

The Anthem ceremony before each game is a business arrangement between the NFL and US military in order to honor the military.

Other than that, I don't understand either.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read here. Where is ANY business not trying to take a customers' money?
    Oh come on. I'd imagine when you have a choice, you'd prefer to care about and spend your money on places that you feel actually care about you/the same things you do as opposed to some place who just looks at you like a cash register.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Right. But wouldn't it make more sense if they were say protesting some sort of war or military action?

Like they've made it pretty clear what htey're protesting and it isn't the military, but yet we tie it to the military.

I'm not even trying to argue, I just don't really get it. I don't see the connection between the two. I feel like what they're protesting is much more important than the symnolism of the anthem.

The flag and the anthem represents freedom and the people who died for that freedom.

The reasoning behind the protest doesn't change that.

Make sense?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    TV ratings were at a 20 year low last week. NFL cash cow is going to dry up if ratings don't reverse course. And Goodell seems to be completely tone deaf and in over his head.
    I would take that with a grain of salt. I think TV ratings are going to continue to dip and I don't think it has anything to do with politics. Times are changing. The NFL hasn't done a good job of recruiting younger fans in general and a lot of people don't watch games traditionally anymore.

about as much as kneeling during the anthem to protest police targeting blacks with police brutality. All it does is piss people off and does nothing for their cause.