OT: what an NFL stadium is really worth

Re: OT: what an NFL stadium is really worth

NFL is in a tough spot with the product being so great on TV. I can sit at home, watch numerous games, eat what I want for a tenth of the cost, drink what I want for basically free compared to what they charge at a stadium, no traffic, the cost of tickets, etc... I think the future of stadiums would be best served as 20-30k seats where experience is more customer friendly and more of an entertainment experience

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    NFL is in a tough spot with the product being so great on TV. I can sit at home, watch numerous games, eat what I want for a tenth of the cost, drink what I want for basically free compared to what they charge at a stadium, no traffic, the cost of tickets, etc... I think the future of stadiums would be best served as 20-30k seats where experience is more customer friendly and more of an entertainment experience
    The only thing is TV ratings are down too. The NFL is beginning to have a problem with its product.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    The only thing is TV ratings are down too. The NFL is beginning to have a problem with its product.
    down is still relative. They still dominate the television market by a huge amount

I think the future of stadiums would be best served as 20-30k seats where experience is more customer friendly and more of an entertainment experience
    I agree with this assessment. IMHO the NFL will look to go lean-and-mean with stadiums, with most of the resources dedicated to the Corporate/Political market (suites, club seats, amenities, etc.) and the rest of the presentation dedicated to all available forums involving streaming, pay-per-view, etc. Based on the generational shifts in the audience, the regular fan who tailgated will fade away. The limited seating at a stadium will also let the NFL set prices that are more per seat. The future "fans" will not be as dedicated to season tickets and to going to a stadium regularly, so the business model will change.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

I agree, plus the weather is better indoors in December. I think it's possible that future stadiums will be mainly luxury boxes plus a few thousand seats for die-hard fans. TV/Cable/Internet/NFL Ticket, etc. revenue will see to that... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    Mark Cuban was right all along. Though, I think it happened even faster than he expected.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Mark Cuban was right all along. Though, I think it happened even faster than he expected.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    All tv ratings are down. I think the NFL still had the 5 top rated programs on tv last week

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by rpcfball
    Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    LOL, raise your hand if you'd rather see a (somewhat long and boring) MLB game, an NBA (200+ point game), or an NHL (let me get a hot dog before someone scores a goal game)... rather than the excitement of an NFL game! Now I do like the other three sports to a degree, but seeing the Ravens play brings out pretty deep emotions. That is not to knock the other three sports, but I do not think the NFL has anything to worry about for a long time. The media, that likes to take conflicting stances to sell "whatever", pushes an anti attitude to remain relevant. Anyway, that's my take... Bc