Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco: What was the plan when he was drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    You pick the weirdest things to nitpick on. Either way, his point is that it's not accurate to simply say that Rivers and Ryan are "perennial losers" and leave it at that.
    Well if they play on teams that perennially lose, and never really seem to win anything, then what exactly should they be called? If it's a team sport, shouldn't they be reflected how their team is reflected?

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Well if they play on teams that perennially lose, and never really seem to win anything, then what exactly should they be called? If it's a team sport, shouldn't they be reflected how their team is reflected?
    Sure...if you are simple minded I guess.

Sure...if you are simple minded I guess.
    Thanks for the lazy response.

Maybe somebody else wants to take a stab at answering the question, since it appears you're not capable. Seemed like a fairly straight forward, pretty simple question. It wasn't even Calculus or anything.

Thanks for the lazy response.

Maybe somebody else wants to take a stab at answering the question, since it appears you're not capable. Seemed like a fairly straight forward, pretty simple question. It wasn't even Calculus or anything.
    You know the answer to the question. You just want to argue. Calling Rivers and Ryan perennial losers shows a lack of basic comprehension when it comes to football.

You know the answer to the question. You just want to argue. Calling Rivers and Ryan perennial losers shows a lack of basic comprehension when it comes to football.
    You're right... I know the answer to the question. It would appear that you DON'T know the answer to the question, and it would also appear that you're not alone in that regard either.

The "lack of basic comprehension" is a cute touch though. Definitely going to make the cut for the most ironic posts of the day award. Might not be the winner, but its clearly in contention.

Maybe I'll just start treating them like millennials. I'll call them winners (despite not winning much), and if that's too aggressive, I'll just blame it on "luck kept them from winning" (despite luck having very little to do with it).

Seriously is this what you guys are going to come up with?

Blog Entries

It was probably the same plan that every other team who take a QB in round 1 has. Sit him until the placeholder QB starts to play poorly and use that as an excuse to put him in. That's what happened in Houston this year. The Broncos placeholder guy is still playing well enough to hold on to that job. The Bears apparently haven't seen enough from Glennon yet to bench him for Mahomes but we all know it's coming. That's the way it's been in the NFL for a very long time.

You're right... I know the answer to the question. It would appear that you DON'T know the answer to the question, and it would also appear that you're not alone in that regard either.

The "lack of basic comprehension" is a cute touch though. Definitely going to make the cut for the most ironic posts of the day award. Might not be the winner, but its clearly in contention.
    Ramble much? If you can't appreciate what Rivers and Ryan are as players in this league simply because they aren't Ravens or you feel that you would be betraying Flacco, then that is on you.

lolz

How is having a bad kicker considered to be "bad luck"?

Failure to execute on your job responsibilities isn't, nor should it ever be considered, "bad luck".
    Billy Cundiff - need I sat more!

Blog Entries

Matt Ryan is certainly an above average QB. There's no doubt about that. However, he does have a long history of making bad decisions at the most inopportune times in big games, dating all the way back to his time at BC.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Matt Ryan is certainly an above average QB. There's no doubt about that. However, he does have a long history of making bad decisions at the most inopportune times in big games, dating all the way back to his time at BC.
    That's the stuff that keeps a player out of the Hall of Fame. It certainly doesn't stop them from being in the Hall of the Very Good. Ryan earned that MVP award last year. No doubt about it.

Ramble much? If you can't appreciate what Rivers and Ryan are as players in this league simply because they aren't Ravens or you feel that you would be betraying Flacco, then that is on you.
    I appreciate that they are accumulators. That's the term for a large portion of this generations QBs. Its what you call a guy who plays 15-20 years in the league and accumulates gaudy statistical output that people who lack context overvalue, while not really ever accomplishing the things that are of the highest value in this generation of players.