Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: New RB Jeremy Langford rookie season highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    anyone know how he is in pass protection? He won't get many 3rd down shots unless he can block.
    True dat. Good pass blocking was another of Woodhead's weapons that just went to the IR

Blog Entries

The one thing I liked about Langford coming out of MSU was his speed/quickness for a bigger back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Don't forget, these are highlights. They didn't cut Langford because he was doing these things all the time. You could put together a good 4 minutes of almost any player in the NFL
    Thats not necessarily wrong, but he did these things on the field, hard to take them away. The hype around him as a rookie in TC was quickly realized. 2nd year he got hurt and surpassed. 3rd year i dont recall him having a bad preseason, but look at Howard and Cohen, theyre dynamic. They basically picked up Mizzell/cunningham over Langford and my guess is a lot of that has to do with STs. I dont recall Langford being a STs player.

Hes young, and hes got talent, and if being let go after his early success hasnt created a chip on his shoulder, nothing will. I think we may get surprised by him. at worst hes nothing different than we already have but personally I think hes a good option for Woodheads role as a pass catcher, her prefers space than running between tackles.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    very true. let's hope whatever he did to get cut in Chicago, he avoids here. It'll be good for his career and the Ravens too... Bc
    AFAIK it was an ankle that nagged.
    Lost starters job, but remember he was the reason that Matt Forte was released. Matt got hurt and IIRC Langford started the last 3 games of 2015 and the Bears saw enough not to re-sign him. Then Langford dinged the ankle in preseason.... then dinged a hamstring in the 2nd game against the Eagles, and the ankle again in the next week against the Cowboys.

Jordan Howard emerged, they still have Ka'Deem Carey AFAIK and Mizzell provided a change of pace back.
    Langford blocks fine in the backfield and had nice hands which weren't used much by Connor Cook at MSU (Lippett, Burnbridge, Mumphrey...)

Injuries slowed him down, if healthy he should be able to pass Buck Allen on the depth chart rather quickly .... can't see anyone knocking West off top dog this week, expect him to be running with a vengeance against Cleveland to remind them of what they misused and let go.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I expect the Ravens to make another move. This is a failsafe plan. But, I really think the roster pivot and the restructure has more roster move implications. Including a trade. Just a hunch.

I'm just surprised that they chose Langford over Collins off the practice squad. Collins is the better back IMO (although close), and he's nearly 3 years younger, and has one more year of team control left than Langford....etc...head scratcher.

Langford is not your typical waiver wire RB though. Early 4th round pick two years ago. He was a total beast at MSU, rushing for nearly 3000 yards and 40 TDs his Junior/Senior seasons. Was a projected top 15 fantasy RB last year in CHI before injuries wrecked his year. This is not some Jalen Parmele/Matt Lawrence/Cory Ross type filling a hole...he's legit...if healthy....

Blog Entries

Let's wait and see

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I'm just surprised that they chose Langford over Collins off the practice squad. Collins is the better back IMO (although close), and he's nearly 3 years younger, and has one more year of team control left than Langford....etc...head scratcher.

Langford is not your typical waiver wire RB though. Early 4th round pick two years ago. He was a total beast at MSU, rushing for nearly 3000 yards and 40 TDs his Junior/Senior seasons. Was a projected top 15 fantasy RB last year in CHI before injuries wrecked his year. This is not some Jalen Parmele/Matt Lawrence/Cory Ross type filling a hole...he's legit...if healthy....
    Let's be grateful that the Ravens have both to choose from. I don't know which one is better, I guess Langford has more pro experience... Bc

2015: Jeremy Langford 3.6 YPC, Forte 4.1 YPC
    2016: Jeremy Langford 3.2 YPC, Jordan Howard 5.2 YPC

Not expecting much

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Let's be grateful that the Ravens have both to choose from. I don't know which one is better, I guess Langford has more pro experience... Bc
    Just my $0.02, but Langford has a different skill set than Collins does. I agree Collins is probably the better back, but Collins is very much in the same mold as West whereas Langford has some ability as a receiver. I'm not sure Collins does.

That may be why they moved Langford up over Collins.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just my $0.02, but Langford has a different skill set than Collins does. I agree Collins is probably the better back, but Collins is very much in the same mold as West whereas Langford has some ability as a receiver. I'm not sure Collins does.

That may be why they moved Langford up over Collins.

Everything I've read about Langford says that he's a more a speedier big back having played CB and WR. Physicality was actually seen as a weakness with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    anyone know how he is in pass protection? He won't get many 3rd down shots unless he can block.
    He has a reputation for being a pretty good blocker. I can't remember seeing him do it much though