Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coachwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    this brees's last year on his contract I think.
    It is. No one know what is going to happen. He's going to be 39 next year. There is a thought that both sides might just agree to a 1 year deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Just catching up to this thread. I actually find merit in both of your opinions. I defended Marvin for a long long time, but fans here are fatigued. There does seem to be a lack of discipline and a longing for a Forrest Gregg/Sam Wyche type coach. It's unheard of for a team to keep a coach this long without a playoff win, but Marvin is well respected by at least half of our fans. The other half wants him run out of town.

You know the old saying, "You Can't Fire the Whole Team". Maybe it's time for a fresh face if nothing else. Bengals fans are tired of losing, especially when we go to 5 straight playoffs.
    It's those empty seats that will doom Marvin. I wish I could find it but I read somewhere that they have plenty of suites available for rent this season. That's a very bad sign

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Just catching up to this thread. I actually find merit in both of your opinions. I defended Marvin for a long long time, but fans here are fatigued. There does seem to be a lack of discipline and a longing for a Forrest Gregg/Sam Wyche type coach. It's unheard of for a team to keep a coach this long without a playoff win, but Marvin is well respected by at least half of our fans. The other half wants him run out of town.

You know the old saying, "You Can't Fire the Whole Team". Maybe it's time for a fresh face if nothing else. Bengals fans are tired of losing, especially when we go to 5 straight playoffs.
    The Bengals and Andy Dalton are the poster child for the importance of a QB that can perform in the post season. Dalton has had a few really good statistical regular seasons but he just could never really elevate his play in the post season. The Bengals team has been stacked for while now and they just could not win in the post season. We have the opposite problem here in Bmore. Flacco looks lethargic in the regular season and an entirely different QB in the post season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    The Bengals and Andy Dalton are the poster child for the importance of a QB that can perform in the post season. Dalton has had a few really good statistical regular seasons but he just could never really elevate his play in the post season. The Bengals team has been stacked for while now and they just could not win in the post season. We have the opposite problem here in Bmore. Flacco looks lethargic in the regular season and an entirely different QB in the post season.
    From what I'm hearing tonight on talk radio, Our OC is on the hot seat first. They really need to generate some offense. Might be time to bring in a big name OC and maybe he could become the next HC. We snoozed on Shanahan.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Bungle's OC Zampese fired
    QB coach now calling plays
    good timing to do after Thursday night
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Pagano is walking dead. I want him as DC.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Bengals skill positions have been stacked. There line is probably average or was at least until this year.

Great skill players average line and you fail.... that's a qb and coach issue

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Once. 5 years ago

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Once. 5 years ago
    Thought he looked good in New England in 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    We'd be in a similar position as we were with Kubiak. If they were successful, then they would get scooped up for a head coaching gig. They'd be here for a year and then we'd be left looking for another defensive coordinator.
    Pagano has loser stink all over him from this disaster in Indy. He's not getting a head coaching look from any NFL team, ever again.

I mean, to rehab his image and become a "hot" coordinator again, would take at least 5 great years. He would have to really put some distance between himself and the current situation, and really put some GREAT, attention-getting defenses on the field. If he does all that – well then he'll be 61 or 62, and teams just won't give him a look.

Pagano is not a Kubiak situation. Marvin, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Pagano has loser stink all over him from this disaster in Indy. He's not getting a head coaching look from any NFL team, ever again.

I mean, to rehab his image and become a "hot" coordinator again, would take at least 5 great years. He would have to really put some distance between himself and the current situation, and really put some GREAT, attention-getting defenses on the field. If he does all that – well then he'll be 61 or 62, and teams just won't give him a look.

Pagano is not a Kubiak situation. Marvin, I dunno.
    Marvin is like a Billick or Jim Caldwell type. Solid not spectacular.

So if there is a franchise like Lions he migth be the rigth choice.

Chargers is in my mind, their defense have had there struggles since Marty left. He could be the rigth medicin for that franchise... Except PO and 0-7.. is not helping him over there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Marvin Lewis is not getting fired. He's in the last year of his contract and will retire at the end of the year.

Bill O'Brien is in over his head. If not for his defense and such a crappy division he'd have been fired. The guy keeps trying to run the NE offense but he doesn't realize that Brady is not under center. If he could coach differently he'd have developed a QB friendly system. He's ruined almost all the QB's he's had. Hope he doesn't do it to DeShaun.
    I could see him retiring from coaching to go for a front office gig. Many Bengal fans I know speculate that the Bengals improved drafting came from a switch in the war room from Brown to Lewis.