Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast

The patriots and other Playoff teams have proven you need playmakers

Yes, great coaching and Elite GOAT QB play will win you games.

But every year, despite getting NO RESPECT, Edleman, Amendola, Hogan.... Someone makes an absolutely breath taking play to help the patriots win.

0/100 times our WR/ TE would make that last TD catch if We threw it in the same exact place. 3-18, 4-18... No problem, You know your Stud WR is going to be open by 5 yards.

We saw it from the Jaguars as well. Lee, Hurns et all made plays in the clutch

Coaches put you in position to win, but you still need playmakers. Playing "drain the clock and hope you come up with a miracle" isnt conductive in the NFL anymore.

Screw comp picks, find playmakers, spend for FA, stop screwing up the cap and play modern football
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Re: The patriots and other Playoff teams have proven you need playmakers

You mean you didn't see the way Brady elevated Amendola to catch that ball in the endzone by perfectly placing the ball 36 inches over his head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, as I watched the post season games this year, I kept thinking of this board and other Ravens forums. Every time a WR leaped in the air and made a great grab, or a tightly contested catch, I thought to myself "a Ravens WR wouldn't have caught that and Ravens fans would blame Flacco for the the receiver having to jump or extend or whatever". The exact same passes people complain about Joe making are made by literally every QB, but most QBs have WRs that makes plays.

Can you imagine how fans would talk if Joe threw a pass like the game winner to Diggs vs the Saints? No Ravens WR would have caught that. Not one

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Honestly, as I watched the post season games this year, I kept thinking of this board and other Ravens forums. Every time a WR leaped in the air and made a great grab, or a tightly contested catch, I thought to myself "a Ravens WR wouldn't have caught that and Ravens fans would blame Flacco for the the receiver having to jump or extend or whatever". The exact same passes people complain about Joe making are made by literally every QB, but most QBs have WRs that makes plays.

Can you imagine how fans would talk if Joe threw a pass like the game winner to Diggs vs the Saints? No Ravens WR would have caught that. Not one
    You need great QB play, Flacco needs to play more consistent.

But great playmakers simply make plays. Look at all the playoff games and teams. Their skill players turn bad passes or plays into positive net yardage when it matters most. Playmakers cover up errors
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post

It's not even all about the QB or the WRs to me. When I'm watching those games, I just marvel at the brilliant play calling and play design. Guys are schemed open; all the QB has to do throw the ball to receiver, and the receiver has to position himself correctly. The coaches take the players they have and put them in positions to succeed. "Oh, you're a one-trick pony, speedster? Ok, why don't you run a go route." "Oh, the last few drives haven't gone that well? Ok, why don't we run some naked boots, get our QB out of the pocket to shake things up a bit.

Ravens are behind the times offensively...
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    It's not even all about the QB or the WRs to me. When I'm watching those games, I just marvel at the brilliant play calling and play design. Guys are schemed open; all the QB has to do throw the ball to receiver, and the receiver has to position himself correctly. The coaches take the players they have and put them in positions to succeed. "Oh, you're a one-trick pony, speedster? Ok, why don't you run a go route." "Oh, the last few drives haven't gone that well? Ok, why don't we run some naked boots, get our QB out of the pocket to shake things up a bit.

The scheme part is right, the eagles and pats have excellent coaches playcalling (so did Jax).

But there are still moments where the playmakers are simply making bad throws into touchdowns, and taking TFL's and turning them into 9 yard gains.

We're missing both

But the idea that Brady is out there throwing to a bunch of nobodies with no talent has always been a misrepresentation
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

What really kills me is that they could have had Alshon on a 1 year deal like the Eagles did. Hell, they could have had Torrey who while I don't think is anything special by any means was making plays last night and is likely better than anyone we had. Both guys who were out there on the open market while we signed a run defender to a 50M contract and spent our paltry offensive allocation on Danny Woodhead.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Even the damn jags had guys wide open all playoffs. Id reckon at least 50 percent of bortles circa 300 yds last night was yac on passes that combined travelled about 20 yds in the air

Blog Entries

I agree. Much of today's NFL :

The Ravens offense :

I even like their "driver" better ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    What really kills me is that they could have had Alshon on a 1 year deal like the Eagles did. Hell, they could have had Torrey who while I don't think is anything special by any means was making plays last night and is likely better than anyone we had. Both guys who were out there on the open market while we signed a run defender to a 50M contract and spent our paltry offensive allocation on Danny Woodhead.
    omg did you see that catch Alshon had where it was thrown high, he catches it despite getting helmet to helmet and the defender throwing his hand up into Alshons hands.

Simple TD catch for an elite WR
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The scheme part is right, the eagles and pats have excellent coaches playcalling (so did Jax).

But there are still moments where the playmakers are simply making bad throws into touchdowns, and taking TFL's and turning them into 9 yard gains.

We're missing both

But the idea that Brady is out there throwing to a bunch of nobodies with no talent has always been a misrepresentation
    Playmakers are important no doubt, but you can mitigate the lack of playmakers with proper design and play calling. The reason that the WCO exists today was to make up for the lack of offensive talent.

NE is a great example of scheming "nobodies" into guys that can make plays. Look at their players. No guy is doing what they're not good at or is put in a position that does not fit his strengths.

I mean look at the Ravens. When they had Boldin/Pitta/Jacoby/Torrey they wanted to run the AC. Now, they have BP/Wallace/Maclin/Campy/no real TE, they want to run a neutered version of the WCO? Tf?
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

Blog Entries

that was all tom brady and bilicheck.