Page 1 of 43 123 ... LastLast

Anyone still want to skewer Ozzie for rebuilding the defense?

Nice to have a pass rush and some guys that can cover. Just saying.

Looking forward to Cleveland coming in next Sunday!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone still want to skewer Ozzie for rebuilding the defense?

I will if the offense doesn't turn it around and we end up in a game where the defense doesn't play lights out.

I don't think anyone has a problem with him building the defense up, we want a good defense. It is the complete neglect of the offense that is the problem. That defense dominated today and that is great but as someone in the game thread pointed out, we still had 3 high defensive picks in street clothes during this game. And the team didn't miss them.

The offense could have used that draft capital.

Blog Entries

Duplicate

All the crying on draft night ... the gnashing of teeth was biblical.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    All the crying on draft night ... the gnashing of teeth was biblical.
    Easy to say on Sept 10th. Just keep in mind that our 2017 draftees : Humphrey (1st) Bowser (a personal favorite of mine) (2nd) Wormley and Tim Williams (both inactive) didn't do a damn thing to bolster our defensive steamroller today. Not that I don't think they will contribute in a BIG way down the line, but it's as if you've for 20 - 20 hindsight. I think those who criticized Ozzie for not drafting offense early had a somewhat valid point... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Easy to say on Sept 10th. Just keep in mind that our 2017 draftees : Humphrey (1st) Bowser (a personal favorite of mine) (2nd) Wormley and Tim Williams (both inactive) didn't do a damn thing to bolster our defensive steamroller today. Not that I don't think they will contribute in a BIG way down the line, but it's as if you've for 20 - 20 hindsight. I think those who criticized Ozzie for not drafting offense early had a somewhat valid point... Bc
    Humphrey rotated in at points and did fine.

They're building heavy defensive depth, which will mean a focus on offensive positions in the draft: OL, RB, TE, WR (depending on how Maclin/Wallace/BP do)...hopefully!
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    It is easy to say ... and goddamned fun. The whining was pathetic and beyond the pale and it is exposed as such tonight.

Blog Entries

It is easy to say ... and goddamned fun. The whining was pathetic and beyond the pale and it is exposed as such tonight.
    It was one game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    It was one game

Doesn't take much to show the value of a good defense. I guess we'll hear how bad the Bengals were now. Not something we heard before the game.

Blog Entries

Doesn't take much to show the value of a good defense. I guess we'll hear how bad the Bengals were now. Not something we heard before the game.
    No but I still think a back would have been a much better pick the Wormley or Williams

I mean until we lose to a team like Pitt in a shootout and then we'll probably have a thread skewing Ozzie for not balancing his investment.

I don't know. Tough to say. Loving the defense. Hating that the rookies were inactive or didn't play much becuase we went and got or already had guys to start.

Humphrey didn't play much on D, Wormely and Kaufasi both inactive, Willimas inactive.

Like I said it'll depend on how the O does. I think they held up well against a decnet unit, albeit one missing Burfict and Adam Jones. Really dont think it would have made a huge difference. Their DL is their strength and the O was okay against them.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB