Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Re: If Flacco sucks this year, go get Lamar Jackson for 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    You can maybe use a 2nd round pick or a 3rd round pick on a developmental project who can hold a clipboard, and maybe step-in as a great back-up option or can be your safety valve if your QB1 is clearly not the answer down the line. But let's face it, 1st round picks are important, and if you're not using them to power of a position on your team, you're in trouble. I think that drafting a real QB in the 1st round is a lumpy decision. Its a franchise directional decision. I think that we need to cut Flacco if we need to draft his replacement. You just can't be paying a guy $10-20 million of non-guaranteed salary a year if a guy isn't expected to start. And you can't be using a 1st round pick on a player who isn't expected to start season #1.

I've talked about how the salary cap and the fabled "dead money" works until I'm blue in the face on NFL boards and on FB, so I won't get into it here. If anybody doesn't believe me that cutting an underperforming player at any point in his contract, (unless of coarse cutting the player would not avoid any non-guaranteed money), I'll have to jump in and get into it, but I'd rather not, its a complicated thing to explain, and people rarely ever seem to take it in, read it, and learn from it. I've converted a few people, but most people don't bother to learn.
    Would we even have the cap space next year to cut Flacco?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    I think a lot of cats on this board would say Chris Redman is a better prospect. Or, Jackson played against weak competition. Hello! I didn’t know Delaware played Alabama! Didn’t stop Joe from being drafted. 10,000 yards of offense is a remarkable accomplishment.
    Not sure what the Chris Redman comment is supposed to mean, but remarkable statistical accomplishments mean almost nothing in judging NFL potential. If I told you a QB prospect was the first in NCAA history to throw for 2000 yards and rush for 1000 yards in a season, and he did that in a major conference, would you expect him to be a good NFL QB prospect?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Gilmore will be back. Maybe even for a game or two this time.

He's a fa this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He's a fa this year

Just you wait...

5. Re: If Flacco sucks this year, go get Lamar Jackson for 2017!

Mobile quarterbacks are a necessity in today’s NFL. Stiff statues with poor mechanics and zero pocket awareness are dinosaurs in this league. Imagine a young mobile qb with the team speed we got.

Mobile quarterbacks are a necessity in today’s NFL. Stiff statues with poor mechanics and zero pocket awareness are dinosaurs in this league. Imagine a young mobile qb with the team speed we got.
    Only a “necessity” if your game plan /scheme is as such. I think Newton , Winston, Wilson , Carr, even Mariota more often than not stay in the “pocket”. They may roll it or move it..but they have become “pocket passers”. QB is waay to valuable to a franchise to have them runnng around making plays with their legs. Hence why you need real talent around a QB so they can just lead the offense.

If you look at the Super Bowl winning QBs since ‘00...there has been exactically 1 of the so called “Mobile” QBs win. So explain to me the demise of the “drop back “ “pocket” QB?

Blog Entries

Drew Brees , Brady would disagree

9. Re: If Flacco sucks this year, go get Lamar Jackson for 2017!

Both are dinosaurs!

Blog Entries

Both are dinosaurs!
    One just lead the league in passing yards again the other is defending super bowl champ

Blog Entries

You could argue that A rod and Jen are mobile QBs or at least Jen used to be

Blog Entries

Both (Brees and Brady) are dinosaurs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    One just lead the league in passing yards again the other is defending super bowl champ
    filth, apparently Goode's "dinosaurs" are not yet extinct... Bc