Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What exactly are we looking for in Webb this season?

Just curious in opinions here.

Also will Webb retire a Raven?

He's a well liked player and maybe a
    few shades below ring of honor class, but
    the questions came across my bow, so I'll
    pose them as more camp time fodder.

Re: What exactly are we looking for in Webb this season?

Definitely retires a Raven. He just signed a three year contract, but the Ravens can part ways with him after this year. He's owed $2MM for the next two years. They can cut him next year with only a $800K cap hit...and $400K in the final year.

I see him as basically holding down the slot-nickel spot until Tavon Young is ready to come back, and mentoring players like Jaylen Hill.

Blog Entries

I expect for him to look like a traffic cone that WRs run around, just like he was last year. With potential improvement from not having to take as many snaps.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I expect for him to look like a traffic cone that WRs run around, just like he was last year. With potential improvement from not having to take as many snaps.
    Are you being serious? He had a pretty good season last year, not anything special mind you, but he did what was asked of him. I actually think nickel has always been his best position, so it would not surprise me if he had a better year this season.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Are you being serious? He had a pretty good season last year, not anything special mind you, but he did what was asked of him. I actually think nickel has always been his best position, so it would not surprise me if he had a better year this season.
    Agreed. Not sure where the "traffic cone" stuff is coming from. Webb played adequately last year in the role he was assigned, and I do see him as a valuable mentor to youngsters like Tavon. Webb is far from the near-shutdown guy he once was, but I think he knows his limitations and his role. There's a reason he was amenable to coming back with a paycut last year. It works out for both himself and the team.

I think there's a good chance he retires a Raven, probably in the next year or two.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 08-19-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Definitely retires a Raven. He just signed a three year contract, but the Ravens can part ways with him after this year. He's owed $2MM for the next two years. They can cut him next year with only a $800K cap hit...and $400K in the final year.

I see him as basically holding down the slot-nickel spot until Tavon Young is ready to come back, and mentoring players like Jaylen Hill.

and an above average bench CB, far better then the Oglesbys, Willis Gastons. Forgot who all we grabbed off the street the big injury year Tramain Jacobs, Danny Gorrer, Antoine Cason, Rasaan Melvin, Asa, franks, Will Hill gamble....

May not be as critical this year, but can always use quality bench, he has renegotiated and given up salary .. 2.1 .. mil is ok for a SCB/S/CB who gets some on-field snaps

He is tradeable if Wade/Jaylen/Humphrey/Sheldon (Robertson/Boykin/Porter Foster ) but I doubt enough of them shine to make Webb expendable
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

He's versatile and good depth at minimum.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Agreed. Not sure where the "traffic cone" stuff is coming from. Webb played adequately last year in the role he was assigned, and I do see him as a valuable mentor to youngsters like Tavon. Webb is far from the near-shutdown guy he once was, but I think he knows his limitations and his role. There's a reason he was amenable to coming back with a paycut last year. It works out for both himself and the team.

I think there's a good chance he retires a Raven, probably in the next year or two.
    Maybe he's confusing his play as a safety with his play as a CB? Further regression wouldn't surprise me though.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: What exactly are we looking for in Webb this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's versatile and good depth at minimum.
    This is also how I look at Webb. A veteran Dback who I believe can be useful with limited snaps. While he's no longer starting CB material, he can make an impact in a defined role. That, and his reasonable contract, make him relevant to our Dbackfield... Bc

Blog Entries

Webb is absolutely worth what they are paying him. He's going to be that mix and match guy who can give you something at every DB spot. The issue before was the high price for his play. Now since that has been corrected there should be no question of Webb being able to perform as expected.

Blog Entries

If he looked like a traffic cone at Safety, I don't see how he's not going to look like one at CB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore