Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome back Zuttah!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    $$$$

The Ravens offered him more money than the Colts did. At this point Zuttah could be looking at his final contract. He's going to want every cent.
    believe it or not the colts are in more dire straights than we are they were not going to get into a bidding war for an sub-average lineman.

last year we had two rookies start on the oL in stanley and lewis. i don;t see any rookie Olineman stepping up to start this year. at least Zuttah knows where the stadium is located.

Zuttah certainly wasn't good last year but you still need the depth. Like I mentioned in the first Zuttah thread, you're one more injury away from someone like Jarrod Pughsley being a starting NFL OL. I don't know if anybody saw what happened last night, but we absolutely do not want that being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    last year we had two rookies start on the oL in stanley and lewis. i don;t see any rookie Olineman stepping up to start this year. at least Zuttah knows where the stadium is located.
    Knows where Joes feet are located too. Smh. I understand we had to do it but it still sucks

I agree with the projection that Zuttah will start at C and Jensen kicks over to LG.

So now your 2017 OL features 3 of the 2016 starters (Stanley, Zuttah, Yanda) and 2 downgrades (from Wagner to Howard and Lewis to Jensen.) Yanda is another year older and who knows when he steps off the cliff or physically breaks down.

All I can say is that Morninwheg better be burning the midnight oil to find ways to get the ball out quickly or we're looking at a long year especially with teams laughing at our bottom-5 RB group.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Tell me... why do you think he signed with us instead of the Colts if he wasn't told he would have a shot at the starting job? Colts are a solid team who were gonna give him the starting job if he signed, at least till whenever Kelly came back.
    Money was better? Better incentives if he actually started? Unless I know the terms of the Colts deal, it's hard to say, really.
    Got to keep the loonies on the path

Blog Entries

So you mean to tell me that Zuttah would not only prefer to be a backup here than starting Center in Indianapolis, but got paid more to be a backup here than what was offered to be a starter in Indianapolis?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

So by moving up 12 spots in the sixth round, that is equal to about 5 points on the trade chart. Roughly what it takes to move up one spot in the third round. ... Or 1/600th the value of a first pick of the draft.

9. Re: Welcome back Zuttah!!

Guess he's better depth than what we have. I read on the 49ers board though that one of the reasons he was released was because he wasn't willing to play guard in SF.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Not the o line help I was hoping for

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Did someone earlier vouch for Zuttah by mentioning the words "Pro Bowl"? Is there anyone remaining in this universe who actually thinks being named to the Pro Bowl means squat? That's like saying you're qualified for an academic scholarship because you were named homecoming queen.

That out of the way, I can understand why they signed Zuttah. Simply put, they're desperate for veteran OL help and probably feel his familiarity with the system is an asset. I don't like it, but I understand their thinking.
    What! I was homecoming queen. I'll rip your face off...

What does academic mean? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I agree with the projection that Zuttah will start at C and Jensen kicks over to LG.

So now your 2017 OL features 3 of the 2016 starters (Stanley, Zuttah, Yanda) and 2 downgrades (from Wagner to Howard and Lewis to Jensen.) Yanda is another year older and who knows when he steps off the cliff or physically breaks down.

All I can say is that Morninwheg better be burning the midnight oil to find ways to get the ball out quickly or we're looking at a long year especially with teams laughing at our bottom-5 RB group.
    It all depends on how steep the drop off is from Wagner to Howard and Lewis to Jensen. If we can get 80% of the performance from the replacements we will be ok. Stanley should be better with a year of experience, and Yanda should actually be better not playing through injury. Zuttah remains the weakest link.