Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome back Zuttah!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    He was center for MM last year when MM began installing the system. What is it your duty to come in here and mince words over petty shit?
    Not petty shit or mincing words. MM ran Trestman's system last year and did very little to change it other than altering the play calling slightly. The playbook did not change. This offseason MM, along with Roman, is installing a new system and playbook. We are not running now what Zuttah knew from last year and he offers little to nothing more than we can find after cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I'm thinking that Zuttah is likely to start at C, when Jensen moving over the LG. I think they'd be better served to have Hurst in a reserve role, where he can practice as the swing tackle, then having him always playing/practicing at LG. IMO, if he's needed at OT at some point due to injury, it would be better for him to have consistently practiced there, as opposed to having to shift him from LG (and having not practiced there).

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see them add another vet OL at some point too.
    That's how I see it too.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Any guesses at how much this signing cost?
    2 years $4 million apparently with $2 million more possible based on incentives.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't need the Pro-Bowl or that shitty assed PFF to tell me what my eyes plainly saw last season, and that was that Jeremy Zuttah sucked so bad his customers all asked for their $2 back. Not only that, but they aren't even running the same blocking scheme this year. This year they are running inside trap and other power man concepts, which does not fit Zuttah at all. And we waste 2-3 million dollars a year on this mother fucker? Rest assured, Zuttah is going to start and he's going to start at Center. One of the reasons why San Fransisco got rid of him was, because he refused to move over to Guard.

Some of you wondered why I bitched and moaned the entire off-season, for about the fifth off-season straight. Shit like this is why. Shit like this is exactly why.

When you have your hat in your hand, you don't dictate terms.......especially with Oz. He's gonna be in line behind Jensen. Right where he belongs. I don't think we see Jeremy unless Jensen goes down or we lose another G and Jensen would then move over. It would be ill-advised to have your two starting caliber centers on the field at the same time if you don't have to. Jensen has proved to me that he's not gonna be sitting this year. JMHO, oh Mighty Smiter!!!
    Got to keep the loonies on the path

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post
    When you have your hat in your hand, you don't dictate terms.......especially with Oz. He's gonna be in line behind Jensen. Right where he belongs. I don't think we see Jeremy unless Jensen goes down or we lose another G and Jensen would then move over. It would be ill-advised to have your two starting caliber centers on the field at the same time if you don't have to. Jensen has proved to me that he's not gonna be sitting this year. JMHO, oh Mighty Smiter!!!
    Tell me... why do you think he signed with us instead of the Colts if he wasn't told he would have a shot at the starting job? Colts are a solid team who were gonna give him the starting job if he signed, at least till whenever Kelly came back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    2 years $4 million apparently with $2 million more possible based on incentives.
    Even with the Jimmy Smith restructure I'm wondering if they are going to have to cut someone substantial to go into the season with enough cap space for injuries. I doubt they're going to keep restructuring.

Blog Entries

"Please Jeremy, we need you!"

"Even brought you flowers!"

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Any guesses at how much this signing cost?
    Well, if the base deal is a little less than $4M. Then I could see it set up something like a $1M bonus, w/ base salaries of $900K in 2017 and $2M in 2018 (or 2018 could be a base salary of $1M, with an option bonus of $1M).

So, that's a $1.4M Cap number for this yr.

But, that's just a guess.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Did someone earlier vouch for Zuttah by mentioning the words "Pro Bowl"? Is there anyone remaining in this universe who actually thinks being named to the Pro Bowl means squat? That's like saying you're qualified for an academic scholarship because you were named homecoming queen.

That out of the way, I can understand why they signed Zuttah. Simply put, they're desperate for veteran OL help and probably feel his familiarity with the system is an asset. I don't like it, but I understand their thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it is what it is at this point what choice they have? You paint yourself in the corner you gotta take that shit..this whole thing is like 2:00 am scene at the club, you been tryna entice the hot chick at the bar all night but she leaves with someone so you settle for big girl in the corner, you pound a few shots and say fuck it, not what I wanted but I need to break the spell....
    Smoove that is cold analogy lol, but true take what you can get even it is something you don't want.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Tell me... why do you think he signed with us instead of the Colts if he wasn't told he would have a shot at the starting job? Colts are a solid team who were gonna give him the starting job if he signed, at least till whenever Kelly came back.
    $$$$

The Ravens offered him more money than the Colts did. At this point Zuttah could be looking at his final contract. He's going to want every cent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown#21 View Post
    Smoove that is cold analogy lol, but true take what you can get even it is something you don't want.
    lol it's what it is right now man smh this kind of stuff drive me bat shit crazy with this FO, instead of trying to take this offense into the 21st century these people are still operating like it's 1999. Zuttah is trash I don't care about pro-bowl, I don't care he was ranked 13th by PFF which don't take everything into account, what I seen from Zuttah last year was a center who consistently got pushed back, he cannot hold up to the point of attack therefore he fails making second level blocks in the run game and gets bowled over in pass pro. The thing is I see him starting too because of the injuries they are going to slide Jensen to guard and put his weak pathetic ass back at center in power block scheme.

This is a FAIL by the FO.