Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Have no Fear Ravens Fans

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Some of the players that the Ravens are being cautious with are out with "pre-season ending injuries." IOW, they will be playing come game #1... Bc
    Maybe. We don't know. Do you trust anything the Ravens say? Maybe its me, but it just doesn't seem that Raven's players ever receive minor injuries. They always seem to be out for extended time.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Maybe. We don't know. Do you trust anything the Ravens say? Maybe its me, but it just doesn't seem that Raven's players ever receive minor injuries. They always seem to be out for extended time.
    With all the players already out, they have to handle those left standing with kid gloves. We do have to field a 53 man roster, after all... bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    With all the players already out, they have to handle those left standing with kid gloves. We do have to field a 53 man roster, after all... bc
    Yes, I agree. I'm wondering if we'll even be able to field a 53 man roster by opening day and, even scarier, what that roster would look like. I just don't trust that Flacco, Perriman, or Stanley will all be playing in week 1.

So, where do you think the NFL would be without those fans who buy the tickets and the jerseys?

The same place they were decades ago when it wasn't on TV much, there was no internet to buy merchandise, and stadiums were half empty.

They'd still be playing, just not making as much money. Fans can't actually kill sports... all they can do is impact how much people get paid to play that sport. And lets face it... if you're the kind of fan who's going to stop supporting or watching because you think the coaches are lying to you about injuries, then I'm not really sure if Pro Sports is the right thing for you to be spending your free time watching, and I doubt the NFL is going to lose any sleep over it either.

And while its great to pretend like this is a relevant question to what I posted, its not. Injury updates and private company transparency simply isn't going to be included in your purchase price. If you get it, take it as a good faith gesture and an add-on benefit. Its certainly not something that's implied in any purchase you make relating to the NFL.

Even guys that buy box suites and spend tens of thousands of dollars per year don't even get that level of transparency.

And that's where some fans lose me... there is simply nothing John could say in regards to injuries that he won't get shit on for. Like literally nothing. If he says a guy is out 7 days, and he misses 14 days, he gets shit on for lying. Whether or not he actually lied, or whether or not information actually changed (and yes, this does happen people) is irrelevant, because he told you something and that something didn't happen the way he said it would. Therefore, he lied. Not exactly the most logical approach in the world, but I guess that's not a requirement either.

The way I see it, he either has to be 100% correct with whatever he says, or he should say literally nothing at all. Belichick got it right long ago... he learned that the former is impossible, so he just stopped telling people anything. I would love a HC of any team I cheer for to take that approach. At least then I know why he's doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Happy to see the same people eagerly awaiting the chance to congratulate themselves for a failed season.
    ///end of stupid thread///

At least that's how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post

And that's where some fans lose me... there is simply nothing John could say in regards to injuries that he won't get shit on for. Like literally nothing. If he says a guy is out 7 days, and he misses 14 days, he gets shit on for lying. Whether or not he actually lied, or whether or not information actually changed (and yes, this does happen people) is irrelevant, because he told you something and that something didn't happen the way he said it would. Therefore, he lied. Not exactly the most logical approach in the world, but I guess that's not a requirement either.

The way I see it, he either has to be 100% correct with whatever he says, or he should say literally nothing at all. Belichick got it right long ago... he learned that the former is impossible, so he just stopped telling people anything. I would love a HC of any team I cheer for to take that approach. At least then I know why he's doing it.
    I don't understand why more coaches don't just keep their mouths shut with regards to injuries. Are they legally obligated to divulge this information by the CBA or league rules? If they aren't and I was a head coach, I'd be saying "no comment" or "no updates at this time" for pretty much every injury. I understand the media wants something to write about no matter how trivial and the fans want to know what's going on, but it seems like lately all this extra information does is get Harbaugh into trouble, not to mention the mental toll it may take on a younger player.

Blog Entries

Fantasy football will keep the NFL relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Fantasy football will keep the NFL relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even more reason to worry about injuries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    I don't understand why more coaches don't just keep their mouths shut with regards to injuries. Are they legally obligated to divulge this information by the CBA or league rules? If they aren't and I was a head coach, I'd be saying "no comment" or "no updates at this time" for pretty much every injury. I understand the media wants something to write about no matter how trivial and the fans want to know what's going on, but it seems like lately all this extra information does is get Harbaugh into trouble, not to mention the mental toll it may take on a younger player.
    You could be 100% right, but with today's communications the public has an insatiable hunger for information. It's just part of the day-and-age we live in. Bill B. gets away with it because (a) that's been his persona since day #1, and (b) he wins on a very consistent basis. Other coaches are pretty much hounded for info, and we (the people) eagerly await every word so we can rush to an online board to post and discuss. Just as we are now doing here... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 08-16-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling (x6) type slower, Bc.

I just find it funny that we get annoyed when we expect exact information the day an injury occurs and then get mad if the initial diagnosis is wrong. It happens all of the time in the medical profession.

Now that he is waiting and clearly seeing both what the injury is and how it's responding to treatment like with Alex Lewis before giving a timeline, we don't like that either.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, folks. Pick one or the other.

Personally, I don't want to know anything until it's as accurate as possible.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    The same place they were decades ago when it wasn't on TV much, there was no internet to buy merchandise, and stadiums were half empty.

They'd still be playing, just not making as much money. Fans can't actually kill sports... all they can do is impact how much people get paid to play that sport. And lets face it... if you're the kind of fan who's going to stop supporting or watching because you think the coaches are lying to you about injuries, then I'm not really sure if Pro Sports is the right thing for you to be spending your free time watching, and I doubt the NFL is going to lose any sleep over it either.

And while its great to pretend like this is a relevant question to what I posted, its not. Injury updates and private company transparency simply isn't going to be included in your purchase price. If you get it, take it as a good faith gesture and an add-on benefit. Its certainly not something that's implied in any purchase you make relating to the NFL.

Even guys that buy box suites and spend tens of thousands of dollars per year don't even get that level of transparency.

You are dead right but I think the Inerwebz changed many people. So many people are now judge, jury and executioner of others they see and read about. Anyone who says anything can not reasonably expect to please all the conflicting demands that the Interwebz audience demands. It is assured that you will offend someone with anything said or hurt an agenda and then the long knives come out.

Coach is in a pickle re injuries. Player has privacy rights (Bet Max Williams is why that is all so vague). They are pressured to communicate about the team by paying customers but injuries are inherently uncertain. See Breashd Perriman or most recently Campy. It looks to me like Harbs can't help but play the eternal optimist and gets himself in trouble when the sides on the short-term.
    I wish he would acknowledge the obvious about players who aren't practicing and when asked when they will return say, "I don't have a crystal ball, asshole. I'm just a fucking coach. Go get a medical opinion from a doctor or didn't they teach you about obtaining information from credible sources in journalism school"
    Okay. Maybe that was a bit harsh.

Yes, I agree. I'm wondering if we'll even be able to field a 53 man roster by opening day and, even scarier, what that roster would look like. I just don't trust that Flacco, Perriman, or Stanley will all be playing in week 1.

#FeartheMallurst