Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 41

Thread: North Korea

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    44,047
    Blog Entries
    4

    North Korea



    Things are pretty tense. Guam is preparing for a nuclear attack. That's crazy to me. Wtf did the people of Guam ever do to NK.

    I did appreciate Gen Mattis's comments though. I also think it speaks volumes that the UN Security Coucil unanimously voted to impose new sanctions on NK.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    2,820

    Re: North Korea

    Most people are saying that all of the talk between Trump and Kim won't amount to anything. These people need to study some history. At the time no one thought that WWI would break out either. Bellicose rhetoric that leads to misunderstood intentions have resulted in wars in the past. This is a very dangerous game that we are playing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  3. #3

    Re: North Korea

    It won't be WW III, since China isn't about to step in for North Korea. I'm hoping we just quietly assassinate the little prick and give North Korea to SK.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    2,820

    Re: North Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    It won't be WW III, since China isn't about to step in for North Korea. I'm hoping we just quietly assassinate the little prick and give North Korea to SK.
    China has stated that they will defend NK in a war if we attack NK first, but will stay out of it if NK attacks us first. That is where any ambiguity of intentions get dangerous. Wars have begun over misunderstandings before. Say NK launches what they consider to be a missle "test" towards Guam, but we interpret that to be an attack, and respond by attacking some of their missle launch sites with a cruise missle strike. NK would retaliate, and China could interpret that to be us attacking NK first. That would turn into a big boy war really fast.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  5. #5

    Re: North Korea

    I don't think so. North Korea is a drain on China's economy; them saying they won't defend in NK attacks first is their way of telling Dough-Boy to back off.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  6. #6

    Re: North Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    China has stated that they will defend NK in a war if we attack NK first, but will stay out of it if NK attacks us first. That is where any ambiguity of intentions get dangerous. Wars have begun over misunderstandings before. Say NK launches what they consider to be a missle "test" towards Guam, but we interpret that to be an attack, and respond by attacking some of their missle launch sites with a cruise missle strike. NK would retaliate, and China could interpret that to be us attacking NK first. That would turn into a big boy war really fast.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have announced intentions to send missiles 30-40 miles of the coast. Where things get hard to interpret is if they do a "test" and we shoot it down. Is there any way to tell where it was aimed in that scenario?

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    2,820

    North Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    They have announced intentions to send missiles 30-40 miles of the coast. Where things get hard to interpret is if they do a "test" and we shoot it down. Is there any way to tell where it was aimed in that scenario?

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    NK may intend for those missiles to land off the coast of Guam, but I doubt their guidance systems are anywhere near as accurate as ours. If they miscalculate, and those missiles either hit Guam or look like they could hit Guam, I am sure that we would view that as an attack. Given the back and forth rhetoric, Trump will feel as though he has to respond militarily.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare





  8. #8

    Re: North Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    NK may intend for those missiles to land off the coast of Guam, but I doubt their guidance systems are anywhere near as accurate as ours. If they miscalculate, and those missiles either hit Guam or look like they could hit Guam, I am sure that we would view that as an attack. Given the back and forth rhetoric, Trump will feel as though he has to respond militarily.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. That concerns me as well.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk





  9. #9

    Re: North Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    It won't be WW III, since China isn't about to step in for North Korea. I'm hoping we just quietly assassinate the little prick and give North Korea to SK.
    Why would South Korea want North Korea? North Korea has a ton of problems.

    1. Poverty

    2. Disease

    3. Famine

    4. How do you integrate supporters of the Kim Dynasty into South Korea?

    5. How do you integrate political prisoners back into society?

    6. Do South Korea districts, precincts, whatever, they are called want to lose influence in a bigger Korea? Do South Korea politicians want to lose influence in a bigger Korea?

    Most South Koreans - I don't believe that there are any polls from the North - do not care about Korea coming back together. The older generations that did have either moved accordingly, moved on or died.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    44,047
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: North Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Williams View Post
    Why would South Korea want North Korea? North Korea has a ton of problems.

    1. Poverty

    2. Disease

    3. Famine

    4. How do you integrate supporters of the Kim Dynasty into South Korea?

    5. How do you integrate political prisoners back into society?

    6. Do South Korea districts, precincts, whatever, they are called want to lose influence in a bigger Korea? Do South Korea politicians want to lose influence in a bigger Korea?

    Most South Koreans - I don't believe that there are any polls from the North - do not care about Korea coming back together. The older generations that did have either moved accordingly, moved on or died.
    North Korea has a substantial amount of natural resources. In particular, coal and iron.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  11. #11

    Re: North Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    North Korea has a substantial amount of natural resources. In particular, coal and iron.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't have to unite to get those resources. Knowing the United States, we would just put a puppet regime to extract those resources to our allies.





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    44,047
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: North Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Williams View Post
    You don't have to unite to get those resources. Knowing the United States, we would just put a puppet regime to extract those resources to our allies.
    Geopolitically speaking, it would be a lot more beneficial if the Korean Peninsula were united.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland