Fantasy vs Reality

For those of us who play fantasy football, we have all found ourselves in a situation where rooting against your team would benefit your fantasy team. I have never rooted against my beloved Ravens, however, tomorrow I find my fantasy team, Tom Brady needing a couple of TD's for me to advance in our playoffs/ get a bye week. You see my dilemma. I could get close to 8-9 hundred $ if I win it all or I can root for the Ravens. To say the least it is a weird feeling. Anybody else had this happen to them? I will hope for a 75-74 Ravens victory, that way it is win win!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

2. Re: Fantasy vs Reality

And then you have to ask yourself, would you rather have a "possible" 800-900 or the enjoyment of watching the ravens crush the pats?

Ive got moss and the pats defense going tonight and i need 25 points...so i too need a few moss td's and the pats to stuff the ravens, both are possible, but id gladly take a loss to see the pats lose. (ps i need a win to get first round bye)
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Re: Fantasy vs Reality

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    For those of us who play fantasy football, we have all found ourselves in a situation where rooting against your team would benefit your fantasy team. I have never rooted against my beloved Ravens, however, tomorrow I find my fantasy team, Tom Brady needing a couple of TD's for me to advance in our playoffs/ get a bye week. You see my dilemma. I could get close to 8-9 hundred $ if I win it all or I can root for the Ravens. To say the least it is a weird feeling. Anybody else had this happen to them? I will hope for a 75-74 Ravens victory, that way it is win win!!!
    This is exactly why I don't, and won't play fantasy feetball. Sitting in the stands, with a friend, fellow fan, who is rooting for our rb to get enough yards to help us win the game, but not as many as his fantasy rb..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

I have Moss and Welker in one league and Brady, Stallworth, and Gostkowski in another.....I'm killing in the Moss/Welker league but I've got a couple of guys right on my ass in the Brady league.......and I'll gladly lose in either league if the Ravens could pull the upset......but, and I hate to say this, unless the winds are 50mph all night, I think we could see a repeat of the Redskins/Bills debacles earlier this year! Brady could have a career night against this secondary!!

5. Re: Fantasy vs Reality

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I have Moss and Welker in one league and Brady, Stallworth, and Gostkowski in another.....I'm killing in the Moss/Welker league but I've got a couple of guys right on my ass in the Brady league.......and I'll gladly lose in either league if the Ravens could pull the upset......but, and I hate to say this, unless the winds are 50mph all night, I think we could see a repeat of the Redskins/Bills debacles earlier this year! Brady could have a career night against this secondary!!

GOOD NEWS then winds are West winds 20 to 30 mph. Gusts around 45 mph for tonight!!

Blog Entries

And I don't want anyone thinking I'm rooting against our beloved Ravens, but we'll be watching one of the best teams EVER assembled in the history of the NFL and I for one am excited to see how a NFL team should play instead of how our team will play.....

How many passes do you think Billick will dial up for Boller? 30? 40? Give the damn ball to McGahee at least 25 times and lets see what happens! He almost always GAINS yards and the Pats are OK against the run (most teams are down late and have to throw a lot late in the game) so how about we hand the ball off tonight Billick?!?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    GOOD NEWS then winds are West winds 20 to 30 mph. Gusts around 45 mph for tonight!!
    Then they'll just do what we try to do...dink-and-dunk down the field and score TD's. It serves 2 purposes: kills the clock and minimizes the chances for INT's.....YOU'LL SEE!!!!

8. Re: Fantasy vs Reality

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    How many passes do you think Billick will dial up for Boller? 30? 40? Give the damn ball to McGahee at least 25 times and lets see what happens! He almost always GAINS yards and the Pats are OK against the run (most teams are down late and have to throw a lot late in the game) so how about we hand the ball off tonight Billick?!?
    Forget 25!!! Give Willis the ball AT LEAST 30 times and we should be good! Winds are gusty and it will be wet keep the ball on the ground!

Fantasy football is great.

Allowing fantasy football effect how you root for your "real team" is pathetic.