Thread: PSL rights?

PSL rights?

what ever happened with the idea that once you are a PSL owner, you have the right to buy tickets to events at M&T for that seat? When I first bought my PSL the sales guy went on with his talk about whenever a concert or other game comes to town, I would have first dibs at that seat. This hasn't happened once. Was anyone else under that impression?

The Army/Navy game is a good example. I understand that there is a huge need for tickets for this game. There is no way they could offer every seat to a PSL owner first. But there is still no lottery for a section of seats for PSL owners. Instead there is this stupid "VIP" package for what I think was $250 a ticket. For all the good the Ravens organization does, this is an area that really sucks.

Nestor was saying on his blog how there was a lot of empty seats yesterday. This is usually a classic game. I remember going to one in Philadelphia was I was about 12 and it was very cool. As PSl owners there should be a lottery system for us to buy tickets at face value not some overinflated "VIP package". And this should be true for anything that comes through M&T whether it is a concert or other game. OR they shouldn't have marketed that way in the beginning.

Am I seeing this wrong?

Re: PSL rights?

Army/Navy is an outside event. It doesn't give us the chance for the seats we sit in. However, they do give us a chance to buy tickets just not our actual seats.

IIRC back in 2000 for Army/Navy they had a lottery to get tickets...and I believe these seats were in the club level. You could get tickets this year but I think it was only for the big spenders who got a hospitality tent, etc...they got tickets.

For other events it seems there really isn't a want for tickets like NCAA Lacrosse. Navy/Notre Dame is here next year and I think we have a chance for tickets there.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

4. Re: PSL rights?

Yep we got ticket offers for the first army navy game, md v navy, navy vs notre dame for club level(wasnt lottery was first come first served $85 a ticket face value got 8) . We also get offered first rights to single game tickets every year. (of course now with high demand few get them but for a few years i always got them). we also are offered first rights to playoff tickets too.

They also offer us tickets to other events like the acc lacrosse championships, and that lacross team that played ant psi net.

We as PSL holders only get offered tickets if the RAVENS sponsor the event. if the MD stadium authority organizes the event, then the ravens might be offered some tickets but its not a guarantee. Army Navy game is an example.

I wouldnt say there was ALOT of empty seats yesterday. There were times when seats were empty, but alot friends and family go to these games to meet and see people they havent seen in awhile, there is ALOT of mingling, so looks empty. The cadets and midshipman roam the crowd to find their families and friends etc. The crowd is very family friendly so alot of kids were there too, and "older"folks, so alot of people on the navy side (in the shade and cold) left early.

compared to what brokers were charging the $250 for the tent package was a good deal. If you ever want to go to army navy game, donate money to their fan clubs and you are guarnteed tickets. Got 8 at face value. lower level in same section as my psl seats. we do get perks, i cant complain one bit.

p.s. It was never for "your seat" it only stated we'd get offered tickets for events held at the stadium hosted bu the Ravens. (thats the key hosted by the ravens-not the stadium authority)
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I can't remember, but I thought we got offers with our ticket billing package this year for the Army/Navy game? I threw all that away long ago, but I thought for sure we had that opportunity this year.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I can't remember, but I thought we got offers with our ticket billing package this year for the Army/Navy game? I threw all that away long ago, but I thought for sure we had that opportunity this year.
    For ridiculously overpriced club level stuff or something like that.

We definitely didn't have a chance to buy tickets for our own seats.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    We did get an offer but it was for a "VIP" package at $250. So you get a ticket and then entrance into a tent where they probably serve a vegatable dip, chicken wings and draft beer. I would prefer the lottery system for face value tickets.

8. Re: PSL rights?

Well the ravens never said you could have you own seat for any event except the ravens games, for obvious reasons this would never work. This was NOT a ravens event, so we cant be mad about it.

I got face value tickets for army navy by going to who ran the event, army and navy.

The tent had much more the wings, i paid the money for the md navy game when it was here, and it was catered bu babalu grill, they had very good food and all you can drink beer and soda etc. was definitly not worth it for md navy, but for army navy it was. Like i said army navy tickets were selling for $200-1000 a ticket and sells out months in advance. they have to accomodate 8,000 cadets, those cadets get rights to family tickets, alumni groups, army and navy gets to sell their allotment, so did leave much for the ravens to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    Well the ravens never said you could have you own seat for any event except the ravens games, for obvious reasons this would never work. This was NOT a ravens event, so we cant be mad about it.

I got face value tickets for army navy by going to who ran the event, army and navy.

The tent had much more the wings, i paid the money for the md navy game when it was here, and it was catered bu babalu grill, they had very good food and all you can drink beer and soda etc. was definitly not worth it for md navy, but for army navy it was. Like i said army navy tickets were selling for $200-1000 a ticket and sells out months in advance. they have to accomodate 8,000 cadets, those cadets get rights to family tickets, alumni groups, army and navy gets to sell their allotment, so did leave much for the ravens to offer.
    Yea...I wasn't really expecting "my" seat but I thought that a comprable seat would be offered. Like I sadi though, with the amt. of people going to army/navy I just thought there should be a lottery system.

10. Re: PSL rights?

well we could pool all the members on the board together and get a skybox for $125,000 a year! If you get a box you have access 365 days a year! You get all events, and on non-game days you can let the ravens know you will be in your box, and they will turn on the lights for you, fund for parties!

Only thing is it only holds about 30 people a game i think, so we'd all have to take turns and get it every few years. haha